for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+3]Specific to[/SIZE]
OFFICIAL CandyKat S4 4.4.2 Hboot 2.15
banner.png

Click link here>> CandyKat HTC One S S4 <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
redLine.png

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rc420head

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Maybe not everybody knows that even if a ROM has not so many customization options, some can be added. Check the print screens, all are made on CandyKat

- contextual notification background
- network speed indicator in status bar
- per app status bar color (changes color of status bar and status bar icons to match the header color of an app)
- gesture anywhere
- lockscreen notifications
- lockscreen style, theme, background and colors
- quick tiles colors
- notification icon color
- listview animations
- toast animations
- system animantions
- settings icon color
- custom clock format (HTML)
- bold clock & custom text

and lot more...

All these can be achieved by use of Xposed framework. Modules that I've used are: XBlast Tools, Network Speed Indicator (XBlast has this too but I like more this individual module), XuiMod, Tinted Status Bar

I take no credit for all these, I've posted this only because more and more users are choosing a ROM based also on the options it offers. With the above, anyone can choose whatever ROM he (or she) likes and add some small missing things and still enjoy the ROM of their choice

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-28-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-28-07.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-41-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-41-51.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-30-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-30-55.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-33-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-33-12.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-34-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-34-51.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-45-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-28-12-45-47.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: rc420head

Audioffensive

Oct 8, 2013
Apeldoorn
I had some issues this morning installing the april 7 release and also with the sweetener pack.

I'm currently on april 1st rom. I did a dirty flash with april 7, but after booting all processes are stopping and I cannot use the phone.

Also an issue with installing the sweetener pack. Installation goes well, but I cannot lock the phone with power button anymore.

Could it be that being on ART instead of Dalvik causes the april 7 rom not installing ok?

I also have Ice Code Kernel installed.

zubeedubs

Mar 31, 2014
trento, italy
i installed the sweetener straight away but it seems to do nothing.... tried a few flashes but to no avail.. im on system theme maybe i need xposed framework for it to work??

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
i installed the sweetener straight away but it seems to do nothing.... tried a few flashes but to no avail.. im on system theme maybe i need xposed framework for it to work??
No. You should be on system theme. You should not have any other program that is theming parts of the ROM. The Aroma is performing the install at the end of choices? Do you see the output presenting the summary of your selections and saying successful for each of them?

Steps to be made are:

1. Switch to System theme if not already on it.
2. Reboot to recovery and flash the Sweetener Pack. Choose what you would like within Aroma installer
3. Reboot to system.

OH...and most important thing...can you please put here the exact link from where you download the pack?

Last edited:

rc420head

Jan 14, 2013
New Lenox
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6a
I had some issues this morning installing the april 7 release and also with the sweetener pack.

I'm currently on april 1st rom. I did a dirty flash with april 7, but after booting all processes are stopping and I cannot use the phone.

Also an issue with installing the sweetener pack. Installation goes well, but I cannot lock the phone with power button anymore.

Could it be that being on ART instead of Dalvik causes the april 7 rom not installing ok?

I also have Ice Code Kernel installed.

Sounds like you need to do a clean install wipe all but SD 3x then flash

Sent from my One using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Audioffensive

Oct 8, 2013
Apeldoorn
Sounds like you need to do a clean install wipe all but SD 3x then flash

I'll leave it for now I think. Am happy with the way the Rom runs.
When I have a little more time i'll do the reinstall.
It's ok to do restore of apps with TB right??

rc420head

Jan 14, 2013
New Lenox
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6a
I'll leave it for now I think. Am happy with the way the Rom runs.
When I have a little more time i'll do the reinstall.
It's ok to do restore of apps with TB right??

Should be it's not like we changed bases or anything crazy. TB has been known in the past to cause issues when restoring data and I have never had luck with it but many people swear by it. I personally use the app/data backup tool that's built into rom toolbox pro. Of course when I accidentally wiped my SD it didn't help me much :banghead: oh well good to have fresh start ever now and then.

Audioffensive

Oct 8, 2013
Apeldoorn
Should be it's not like we changed bases or anything crazy. TB has been known in the past to cause issues when restoring data and I have never had luck with it but many people swear by it. I personally use the app/data backup tool that's built into rom toolbox pro. Of course when I accidentally wiped my SD it didn't help me much :banghead: oh well good to have fresh start ever now and then.

I had some good experience with TB. But also not all the time

Where can I find the backup tool you're talking about?

rc420head

Jan 14, 2013
New Lenox
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6a

zubeedubs

Mar 31, 2014
trento, italy
No. You should be on system theme. You should not have any other program that is theming parts of the ROM. The Aroma is performing the install at the end of choices? Do you see the output presenting the summary of your selections and saying successful for each of them?

Steps to be made are:

1. Switch to System theme if not already on it.
2. Reboot to recovery and flash the Sweetener Pack. Choose what you would like within Aroma installer
3. Reboot to system.

OH...and most important thing...can you please put here the exact link from where you download the pack?

sure the link is on this page: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2690139&page=7

as for aroma i noticed that at the end of installation that "some elements failed to install" im using philz modded cwm as recovery

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reactions: zubeedubs

zubeedubs

Mar 31, 2014
trento, italy
Didn't tested with CWM. Please use TWRP (latest 2.7) and tell me if it's the same. I'm not very sure about the Aroma installer compatibility with CWM

i had my doubts that it could have been the recovery... i'll flash on twrp and let you know!!

edit:

upon flashing the zip twrp 2.7 fails on find sd partitions....

Last edited:

zubeedubs

Mar 31, 2014
trento, italy
Yup.. Hboot 2.15.. Downgraded recently from 2.16 to try This rom... Funny thing is twrp can find the SD to install the package but cant open aroma... :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Cleaned

If you genuinely require assistance with any issues you're having, swearing at others members and being generally rude is not the way to act. No-one here is obligated to help you so don't expect any help if you're being rude and impolite (which is also against forum rules).

To others, in future, please don't respond to such posts. The best course of action is just to report and leave it to the moderation team to do a clean up :)

Regards,
    - KidCarter93
    Forum Moderator
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+3]Specific to[/SIZE]
    OFFICIAL CandyKat S4 4.4.2 Hboot 2.15
    banner.png

Click link here>> CandyKat HTC One S S4 <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    How do i change the icon's color from green to white?

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app
    By using a theme that has white icons

Oh and I just remembered that Sweetener Pack 1 has a section for settings icons...makes them look like Sense ones or revert to stock and there was a third option I don't remember. You could try that one as well

Sent from nowhere over the air...
    dsp at the moment,i'll try removing it completely even though audio lacks without an enhancer as such...
    do you hqappen to know of any working alternatives???
    This app May help I have not tested it yet tho only with wired in headphones

Sent From Ville Candykat
    Im not sure as to what my problem might be exactly, i use BT headphones and im getting severe cut outs...on sense based Roms they worked perfectly so i think it may be KitKat related... Ive tried everything i could think of (various Roms and radios) but to no result!! could anyone kindly help me find some sort of fix or module i can use to increase quality???

It's been happing to me to with my beats pill / BT beats

Do you have viper4android installed or DSP because when I removed them there was no more cut outs

Sent From Ville Candykat