XDA Android App - Problems / Bugs / Feature Requests etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Having an issue today where the "participated" tab is not populating as it should. Noticed it on both tapatalk app and the xda premium app...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
sgt. slaughter said:
Having an issue today where the "participated" tab is not populating as it should. Noticed it on both tapatalk app and the xda premium app...

This is related to some backend issues on the site. Our server admins are on the case.

----------
Sent from my LTE powered phone on Big Red's awesomesauce network!

z50king

Jul 31, 2011
Glendale, CA
Use favorites, topics instead. Shows only the subbed threads. When you unsub a thread it still shows up in the participated page

Sent from my EVO 3D with ViperROM via XDA premium app

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Use favorites, topics instead. Shows only the subbed threads. When you unsub a thread it still shows up in the participated page

I know that's what I've been using. Was just reporting it as I hadn't seen mention of it when I did.

VDub2174

Jul 22, 2010
I don't see the "Search" button anymore. Saw it late last night when I was browsing the threads, but don't see it anymore.

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
the xda site is experiencing some issues this weekend, search and other buttons along the brown bar at the top of the site are missing and search is disabled.

z50king

Jul 31, 2011
Glendale, CA
I got this when I tried to quote a multipost. Like when xda combines numerous posts by one user in a short period of time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330890725892.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330890725892.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 104

wogfella

Sep 10, 2011
Melbourne
FYI xda app fc's when set to dark theme and 50 posts on THS CM9 build 16 (sgs 1)

Only happens when you actually try to go into a thread in favorites

Light theme no issues (no other change other than from dark to light)

No problem here really, just prefer dark theme at night :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

matthias1203

Sep 28, 2011
Zadar
Ok i got error mantion before about uploading pictures. Some JPG I can but some also JPG I can't upload. Says something like bad jpg extension bla bla. But when i go back to old xda app (from titanium back up) than again i can upload. That seems that problem is not with pictures.

This is automatic message from my nokia3210
sent time: before 7 years

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
Ok i got error mantion before about uploading pictures. Some JPG I can but some also JPG I can't upload. Says something like bad jpg extension bla bla. But when i go back to old xda app (from titanium back up) than again i can upload. That seems that problem is not with pictures.

This is automatic message from my nokia3210
sent time: before 7 years

I get the same crap. It's definitely not a problem with the pictures but with the app.

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Update seems to be complicated...
Deinstalled old xda app and now i only find xda premium app in market app.
if i try normal app via browser and select my device it says not compatible...
WTF

So im not able to use xda app atm! (only xda premium app is compatible atm)
PLZ fix it ASAP!

Or provide a manual apk download

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although I'm nothing todo with the XDA Android Tapa-talk based app - I thought it was about time we had a single thread for all discussions making it easier for the powers that be to monitor and give feedback via.

Feel free to ask questions about it's use and report any faults you find. You can also ask for new features, but I cannot promise they will ever be delivered.

N.B. The mods will be merging questions about the app into here from the "About" forum also.

So, have at it...

[Insert witty picture here]

Dave
    As mentioned by others, XDA are working on there own mobile app (getting away from Crapatalk) as well as a mobile version of XDA. These are probably higher up the priority list right now, but an update to the existing XDA app will be coming out soon
    Just a bit of a status update:

We had a meeting with Tapatalk last week and are preparing an update for the app that will fix the freezes and also give multiple choices for themes.

--------------------
    Sent from the my rooted Galaxy S III using Verizon's fast LTE network.
    I'm currently rebuilding the search index which knocks the "Participated threads" tab offline in the app. It will be back as soon as the reindex is done.
    XDA/Tapatalk apps are down atm. Server admin working on fixing this asap

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!