[App] NOT-VERY-INTERESTING Bar

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Standard Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for your device ,marriage, or social life, so don't come crying to me when something happens to one or all of them. You assume all responsibility and risk.

THIS APP IS BETA:
    This is a simple app I made for the A100 semi- based off the popular HideBar app by Pieter Pareit. What this app does is allow you to use the capacitive Home Button on the device (A100) to toggle the Notification Bar on/off.
    HOW TO SET UP
    • Download the two files in the folder
    • Take the "gpio-keys.kl" file and move it to "/system/usr/keylayout" (make sure to make a backup of the old one before pasting)
    • Make sure permissions are set to RWXRWXRWX or at LEAST RW-R--R--
    • Now Install the downloaded APK like normal.
    FILES CAN BE FOUND HERE

HOW TO USE​
    The gpio-keys file basically changes the home button to act as a search button (which this beta app uses) so to use the toggle, just LONG PRESS the search button and select the toggle. The first time it will ask for root permissions. I do recommend setting it as the default app. There is no app icon.

TO DO: This app is in beta, so I need you guys to let me know any bugs you find! Besides that I plan to bypass the need to use a search button.

THANKS TOO: dima_tr for, Pieter Pareit for his HideBar App , sanixk for his tutorial on how to remap hardware keys , crossix for his continued development on this device ,aznmode for letting us all know about HideBar originally , and Acer for a great tablet
    You have to change

key 102 HOME

to

key 102 SEARCH

:)
    Good job! it works great. There is a typo in gpio-keys.kl though, an `s` is the first char.
    Good job! it works great. There is a typo in gpio-keys.kl though, an `s` is the first char.

Thanks for letting me know, I reuploaded a fixed version. =)

Hopefully in the next couple weeks ill have a version that doesn't need an extra gpio-keys file and just uses the home button, but that looks like it takes looking into the binding and not just android.intents so with a busy life don't hold me on the time frame :p
    Yes, it would be amazing if you could find the time to update this to be ICS compatible! :)