is it possible to flash i777 with hong kong region i9100 rom?

Search This thread

dovewing2000

Mar 29, 2012
I've gone through the forum and gone through the read me guides and looking at faq and q&a forum and I'm not able to find an answer so I'll post my questions here.

I've read through and am able to root my phone and got CWM on it.. i'm able to make a backup of my phone's data as well.

The reason I'm asking about flashing a hong kong i9100 rom is due to the fact that this phone will be used by my mom and she'd like to be able to have similar settings and set ups from an international phone. I know there are options out there to buy international version but the $10 deal is difficult to pass by.

Hopefully someone can point me to the right direction... (another reason for hong kong version is due the use of traditional chinese vs simplified chinese)

android version 2.3.4
baseband version i777uckh7
kernel version 2.6.35.7

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
You can use Hellraiser as long as it a GB rom. I don't think Entropy has released the ICS Hellraiser yet...

Reactions: dovewing2000

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
So she lives in hong kong for using a hong kong plan... or jist needs the language?

If just the language then you can hellraise it as said before with a rom that has language. if you need a different data plan then you hellraisr but leave out csc file from hellraiser zip

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
So she lives in hong kong for using a hong kong plan... or jist needs the language?

If just the language then you can hellraise it as said before with a rom that has language. if you need a different data plan then you hellraisr but leave out csc file from hellraiser zip

Yeah, someone outside of the USA will want to remove the CSC from that zip.

dovewing2000

Mar 29, 2012
Yeah, someone outside of the USA will want to remove the CSC from that zip.

@rdannar she's here with me in the US but just wanted everything to be like a hk phone..

@entropy *worship* hmm sorry how do i go about doing that? was a bit hesitant since i dont want to brick the phone and read up more before i flash it...

guys would it make a difference if i want to flash it and so my dad can use it in hk..? but i still need to test it in the US to make sure it works - how do i go about doing the testing..?

Last edited:

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
First thing is read up on odin and flash entropy dd kernel.tar. he has one in his dev thread. now you will have cwm recovery. then if you do not have root then flash root zip in Same thread. go to play store or market and download mobil odin. flash the GB firmware with language you need BUT DO NOT FLASH A KERNEL OR MODEM. THEY ARE CLEARLY INDICATED IN APP. then after install go back into cwm and install hellraiser zip.

For languages in rom look up intratech roms... He has them all and clearly labels languages etc... He is in i9100 dev thread.

If you make it through these steps just ask and we can talk about csc for your dad

dovewing2000

Mar 29, 2012
First thing is read up on odin and flash entropy dd kernel.tar. he has one in his dev thread. now you will have cwm recovery. then if you do not have root then flash root zip in Same thread. go to play store or market and download mobil odin. flash the GB firmware with language you need BUT DO NOT FLASH A KERNEL OR MODEM. THEY ARE CLEARLY INDICATED IN APP. then after install go back into cwm and install hellraiser zip.

For languages in rom look up intratech roms... He has them all and clearly labels languages etc... He is in i9100 dev thread.

If you make it through these steps just ask and we can talk about csc for your dad

Ah ha! - i was using the below thread...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1313659
then got cwm... will go through these steps again in detail.. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction! report back once i got these steps down...

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
May i ask what is the reason to remove the CSC file from hellraiser?

I am using my phone in Brasil and hellraised Turkbeyrom to use with it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

It is what stores your phone apn. So it wont have a hong kong apn.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
May i ask what is the reason to remove the CSC file from hellraiser?

I am using my phone in Brasil and hellraised Turkbeyrom to use with it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

It'll set all the language defaults for United States, and also I'm not sure how the APN settings in the CSC will behave on carriers other than AT&T.

The best solution is to use a local CSC appropriate for your region/carrier. But you can probably manually set up all of the differences.

dovewing2000

Mar 29, 2012

Getting there.. got the DD on ... got mobile odin pro... lol looking up the firmware stuff.. *salute all* making progress - almost there!

dovewing2000

Mar 29, 2012
You need odin for computer for first step

gotcha - reading up on odin ... found intratech's thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

not sure how to look at this...

i found the below info...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18576627&postcount=1

3a.) How to Install a customized kernel containing ClockworkMod Recovery onto your Rooted phone from your phone, using Mobile Odin Lite or Mobile Odin Pro

This is the preferred method to install a customized kernel onto your phone. In addition, Mobile Odin is a very useful tool that will allow you to install custom software directly on your phone without using a computer.

... using Mobile Odin Pro...

Download the file containing the kernel you want to flash, and extract from it the zImage, which contains the actual kernel. There are several kernels available which can be found in the AT&T SGS II Android Development forum.
Transfer the zImage to the root of your phone's internal or external sdcard, using a usb cable or another method such as dropbox.
On your phone, open the Mobile Odin program. If you installed Mobile Odin Lite, when it prompts you to install the add-in, click cancel. If you installed Mobile Odin Pro, you will have already downloaded and installed the add-in to activate all the features in the program. With Mobile Odin Lite, you will still be able to install the kernel.
In Mobile Odin, click on Kernel or Install Kernel, find and select the zImage on your internal or external SD card, and then click on Flash Firmware.
Mobile Odin will flash the kernel and then reboot the phone. You have now installed a custom kernel containing clockworkMod Recovery without changing the flash counter.
If you want to confirm installation of the new kernel, reboot into recovery to verify that you now have ClockworkMod Recovery. (The stock kernel has 3e recovery.) Or install CPU Spy from the Market (before you root) and compare the Kernel Info it displays with the same info from the stock kernel.
To reboot into recovery on the SGH-I777: With the phone powered off, hold down the vol up + vol down + power buttons continuously until the initial boot screen appears a second time.
The 5.0.2.3 and later versions of ClockworkMod Recovery have a different button configuration. Home = select, Back = back, Power = back from submenu or toggle logo/main menu. The 5.0.2.7 version of ClockworkMod Recovery retains this button configuration but changes it to Power = select.

i've got DD on using this - hmm either way i'm still looking for odin info (any pointers as search returns a lot of hits...)

Last edited:

travchan

Apr 4, 2012
Similar boat - Need Thai Rom on I777

Hey sorry for jumping in here but I have a similar case.

I have a SGH-i777 that I flashed with the official Thai files for AIS service:I9100DXKL3_I9100OLCKL2_I9100DXKL1 Ver 2.3.6

I used Odin to flash my phone with the official Thai 2.3.6ver.

Everything works except a few things:
No sound or mic on incomming or outgoing calls
Return button and search button on phone don't work
and Home button acts like return button.

So I flashed my phone's baseband with i777UCKK6 thinking that would solve the problem but it does not.

My question is, can I use the Hellraiser procedure to solve this problem?

Hellraiser only works with roms right? So is there anyway I can use the stock Thai 2.3.6 and hellraiser?

Thank for your help and suggestions!

Top Liked Posts