[ROM][Aug 25] Jellybean 4.2.2 for Endeavoru AOSP Build [Kernel 3.1.10] [JDQ39] #20

Search This thread

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
Re: [ROM][Mar 01] Jellybean 4.2.2 for Endeavoru AOSP Build [Kernel 3.1.10] [JDQ39] #1

Hello, can anyone summarise what the known bugs are so far?

How's GPS and GSM signal?

Big ups pabx for the great work.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A few people talk about wifi problems, but as long as they don't give the developer some data to work with... well...

I am on RC16. Everything is good so far. GPS as good as any other custom ROM.
GSM as good as any other ROM.

Reactions: skhekare

Segnale007

Feb 24, 2010
Mexico City
twitter.com
Re: [ROM][Mar 01] Jellybean 4.2.2 for Endeavoru AOSP Build [Kernel 3.1.10] [JDQ39] #1

A few people talk about wifi problems, but as long as they don't give the developer some data to work with... well...

I am on RC16. Everything is good so far. GPS as good as any other custom ROM.
GSM as good as any other ROM.

Thanks mate. Will give it a try

ridderr

Jan 9, 2010
Almere
Switched from 16 to 17 this morning but wifi is still not working properly. Any one else with these problems using #17
I have the same, but I also have some logs reported on my Thomsson router regarding authentication errors coming from my HOX. My HOX shows that it is receiving signal, but it is not blue.
I have ordered a new WiFi router to check if this solves the problem.

HessNL

Hi there i have a question when i charge my phone and its on 90% the charge light got green and i always think its ready xD and I'm on #16

P.s i don't have problems with wifi :)

Sent from my HTC One X with Android 4.2.2 using xda premium

bongersj

Mar 15, 2007
Bonn
AW: [ROM][Mar 01] Jellybean 4.2.2 for Endeavoru AOSP Build [Kernel 3.1.10] [JDQ39] #1

Hi there i have a question when i charge my phone and its on 90% the charge light got green and i always think its ready xD and I'm on #16

If I remember this is normal for some ROMs. Its not a bug its only a different behavior like in a 'moded' eg. Sense ROM

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007

ya its the same on rc17, i saw the green light and when i checked the screen, it was still 90%

throcker

Feb 1, 2012
cagliari
I have a strange issue...battery lasts too long! I have 2 days battery life...this is very strange, never had this bug on other roms
F"$%!"&%G awesome!!!!! this...is the best AOSP rom I've ever tried!! the fastest, smoothest, greatest, most stable rom, even with stock look this is great
GOOD GOOD GOOD JOB!!! suggested to everyone

m2geek

Jan 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

I have a strange issue...battery lasts too long! I have 2 days battery life...this is very strange, never had this bug on other roms
F"$%!"&%G awesome!!!!! this...is the best AOSP rom I've ever tried!! the fastest, smoothest, greatest, most stable rom, even with stock look this is great
GOOD GOOD GOOD JOB!!! suggested to everyone

I second this...

My battery life is getting better and better.
Its about 30% than it was before uploadfromtaptalk1362444017325.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362444032994.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Japhies

May 5, 2012

Both on #16 and #17 I am having wifi problems.
After I can connect, I have reception. No problems
(I think) after screen time-out reception halts. Icon is still blue though
Whenever I reconnect WIFI works again.

I thought it might be this rom, but yesterday I tried IceCold and I am experiencing the same problem.

So now I am thinking it might be the hboot upgrade to 1.39 (CID E11)

I am not sure how I can solve this though...is it possible to try another hboot, or am I stuck with this one because of my CID?

Thanks

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
Both on #16 and #17 I am having wifi problems.
After I can connect, I have reception. No problems
(I think) after screen time-out reception halts. Icon is still blue though
Whenever I reconnect WIFI works again.

I thought it might be this rom, but yesterday I tried IceCold and I am experiencing the same problem.

So now I am thinking it might be the hboot upgrade to 1.39 (CID E11)

I am not sure how I can solve this though...is it possible to try another hboot, or am I stuck with this one because of my CID?

Thanks

You can not downgrade hboot - but are you sure that your phone doesn't simply suffer from the 'wifi death grip' issue?

Japhies

May 5, 2012
You can not downgrade hboot - but are you sure that your phone doesn't simply suffer from the 'wifi death grip' issue?

Have been using this HOX with many many different roms and kernels over the past year, never experienced this. That's why I think hboot or rom

If it is wifi death grip shouldn't I have noticed it before?

sabret00the

Apr 15, 2011
London
s00techified.wordpress.com

Have been using this HOX with many many different roms and kernels over the past year, never experienced this. That's why I think hboot or rom

If it is wifi death grip shouldn't I have noticed it before?

Mine took four months to manifest on my previous HOX.

Segnale007

Feb 24, 2010
Mexico City
twitter.com
Omg I can't believe battery life with this rom is so good. I have flashed this ROM yesterday night and the phone swallowed 30% of battery like that, than I left the phone to fully charge overnight and once it was done charing I deleted /data/system/batterystats.bin than unplugged the phone. Phone has been unplugged since 10 in the morning, and 8 hours later I still have 59% of battery left. I have done emails, music, whatsapp, youtube, browsing, GPS etc

Please someone wakes me up if I this is a dream.

HebeGuess

May 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

Omg I can't believe battery life with this rom is so good. I have flashed this ROM yesterday night and the phone swallowed 30% of battery like that, than I left the phone to fully charge overnight and once it was done charing I deleted /data/system/batterystats.bin than unplugged the phone. Phone has been unplugged since 10 in the morning, and 8 hours later I still have 59% of battery left. I have done emails, music, whatsapp, youtube, browsing, GPS etc

Please someone wakes me up if I this is a dream.

Erghh... I don't know too specific on battery knowledge.

But what you currently do was full charge then wipe stats, the system will unable to track your previous fully charged level and may calculate current value using some very sophisticated algorithm that andy rubin patented.. It would say it may have a chance to misjudged battery level for a small degrees.. However, it will be back in track after another few full charges.

Since battery stats is nothing more than a log, you should still let it have at least one optimal battery charge record if you wish to the system can calculate it properly. Am I right?

HessNL

I don't have any battery problems with it anymore :p look at this

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362517152471.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362517152471.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 179

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BoAyu.png

Banner by Sebianoti

Me and rogro82 started to port Android 4.2 to the HTC One X

Working
    • Wireless
    • Phone calls
    • GSM Data
    • Audio
    • Video Playback (including HD)
    • Camera (no photosphere - blame google)
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • BT and Wireless tethering

Not Working
    • USB tethering (?)

Installation instructions
    • BACKUP YOUR DATA (using CWM)
    • Verify that your backup is complete - a backup of your sdcard may also be a good idea (see below)
    • Verify that you are running hboot 1.26 or newer (hboot 1.39 is recommended)
    • Download the ZIP and the boot.img (see Downloads)
    • Copy the .zip to your sdcard and reboot into fastboot
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img, then boot into recovery
    • WIPE your phone (this is not optional)
    • Install the .zip and reboot

Upgrading
    You can always upgrade to a newer version without wiping any data, formatting system or wiping the cache.
    But keep in mind that you must always flash boot.img + re-flash gapps after upgrading

Changelog

RC20 (20130825)
    • Fixed the two Android 'master key' bugs
    • Kernel patch for CVE-2013-2094
    RC19 (20130317)
    RC18 (20130311)
    • Option to control button backlight depending on the screen brightness (Settings -> Display)
    • Software fix for pabx's broken headphone jack detecion: Added an option to forcefully route mediaplayer-output to the headphone jack. (Settings -> Audio)
    RC17 (20130301)
    • Use latest WIFI Firmware (improves reception)
    RC16 (20130216)
    • Added ro.adb.secure=1 to build.props. The phone will now only accept ADB connections from authenticated hosts. Note that you must upgrade your local ADB installation to the version included in the 4.2.2 SDK. Connecting with an pre-4.2.2 adb will not work
    • Fixed quicksettings: longpress = toggle, press = settings
    • Internal: Use CMs nicer audio-recording patch
    RC15 (20130213) Android 4.2.2
    • Upgraded to Android 4.2.2_r1
    • Silenced vibrate kernel driver + removed unneeded pm_qos request
    RC14 (20130208) Kernel 3.1.10
    • First release with Linux 3.1.10. Note that you MUST upgrade your hboot to 1.3x (1.2 versions may work - any feedback is appreciated, but any version < 1.2 will NOT work - your phone will freeze during deepsleep!)
    • Mounting USB-OTG devices on 4.2 is somewhat tricky as filesystems are not shared with 'parent' processes - using some userspace app like 'Nexus Photo Importer' is recommended
    • Switched to ondemand govenor as the old 'interactive' is broken in HTCs Linux 3.1.10 source drop (doesn't make a big difference)
    RC13 (20130202)
    • Merged missing cam pull request
    • Option to change the max frequency in settings (Developer Options -> CPU Frequency)
    • Improved frequency management - say goodbye audio dropouts!
    RC12 (20130122)
    • More camera options (jpeg quality, burst mode, scenes) - thanks to seadersn
    • Option to enable the overflow button
    • New hardware button mapping profile: press = tasks / longpress = menu
    RC11 (20130114)
    • Support for encrypted /data partition. (see this post)
    • Ability to limit the max CPU frequency (see this post)
    • Enhanced included Camera App (thanks to herrvorragend23)
    • Include SimToolkit
    • Option to change the Home + Menu longpress behaviour (Settings -> Display)
    RC10 (20130104)
    • Support for big /data partition. This is experimental, see this post
    • Mount /data with '-o discard'
    RC9 (20121229)
    • Added 'volume rocker' support (disabled by default -> settings -> sound)
    • Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) is now working
    • Stubborn BT devices should now be able to pair
    RC8 (20121225)
    • Fixed WIFI Tethering
    • Changed halo background
    RC7 (20121220) Doomsday edition
    • Bluetooth Tethering support (still a little bit flaky, try to re-enable bluetooth + tethering if the connection drops)
    • Changed quicksettings behaviour: Short press = toggle / Long press = open settings
    • Reboot + Screenshot options in Power-Off menu (thanks to lownoise2)
    RC6 (20121219)
    • Support for Bluetooth file transfer and HID (Again: thanks to rogro82)
    • AUDIO AND INTERNET SHARING VIA BLUETOOTH ARE CURRENTLY NOT WORKING
    RC5 (20121215)
    • Audio recording fixed (Send your thanks to rogro82)
    • Developer-Options enabled by default in Settings
    • Display internal + sdcard storage in Settings
    • Improved holo-background gardient
    • Switching from/to 2G-Data-Only works without reboot
    • 'Silent' GSM-Data drop is hopefully gone
    RC4 (20121211)
    • Camera support Install this if the camera icon is missing in your app drawer
    RC3 (20121209)
    • Paid applications can now be installed using Play Store
    • Unity engine based games work correctly
    • Hboot 1.3x support
    RC2 (20121202)
    • Multitouch fixed
    • Based on Android 4.2.1 (December fixed)
    • HD-Videos (OMX) working

RC1 (20121126)
    • Include Email.apk
    • Fix google location service provider (google now / gmaps)

Download links (always flash boot.img!)
    http://blinkenlights.ch/static/android/endeavoru_42/latest/ (Primary host in Germany)
    http://android.eqmx.net/android/endeavoru_42/latest/ (Mirror in Sweden)
    Gapps download
    NEW http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

IRC Channel
    Join us at #tg-endeavoru on Freenode irc

FAQ

I can not upgrade my hboot to 1.3x, help!

You can still run RC13:
    This was the last release using Linux 2.6 and will therefore work on older hboot versions. RC13 is stable enough for everyday-use.

What kernel should i use?

Use the stock kernel from boot.img - there is nothing wrong with it. Using a different boot.img or/and kernel will just break stuff.

Even more links!
    https://github.com/adrian-bl-hox-jb/android
    https://plus.google.com/115564237657785223556/posts
    For people wondering:

Although its an AOSP build it does have multi-user support which originally is only available on tablets in AOSP ( users can be added in settings )
    Pab i have bluetooth working :) will have to track all my changes...

Camera

Using this ROM for 2 weeks now. Love it, but like with all AOSP roms I'm not happy with the camera so I decided to actually help the community instead of the usual whining.

I've attached a pimped Camera (which is included in the Gallery, therefore the complete Gallery2.apk has to be replaced) which includes this new features:

-Included all native camera scene modes that our HOX Camera is capable of
    -HDR Quick Toggle (which is nothing else than background-hdr scene mode)
    -Added more exposure settings (max camera value is 12, min is -12, therefore +3 = 12, +2 = 8, +1 = 4, 0 = 0, -1 = -4, -2 = -8, -3 = -12)
    -Added 6MP wide picture size (3264x1840)
    Pab we might wanna give WiFi tethering as a (early) Christmas present ;)

to fix:

in netd / SoftapController.cpp:

just return 0 in
    int SoftapController::fwReloadSoftap(int argc, char *argv[])

and use hostapd from android 4.1 ( i just copied the entire wpa_supplicant_8 folder from 4.1, but only copied hostapd after compiling ) as atleast wpa_driver_ap_params has changed and therefor hostapd_drv_set_ap(hapd, &params) in beacon.c fails.

Have done some basic testing using phone + tablet and connection seems to be fine ( tested Open and WPA2 PSK ).