Jade Flashing Guide for NOOBS

Search This thread

ironeagle

Jul 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Jade Flashing Guide for NOOBS

Pre-Requiste
1) You need Jade-Hard-SPL_V3 for OEM 1.40.** builds / Jade-Hard-SPL_V41 for OEM 2.32.** Builds -> Get it from here <- Follow instructions in the thread
( How to Know Your SPL -> Switch Off Jade, Then Press Volume Down key, then Press Power Button. Now you see Tricolor Bootloader Screen showing your SPL number)

Preparation
1) Download the ROM in the first post posted by CHEFs
2) unzip the NBH file into a folder - ( RUU_signed.nbh <- Name and Extension should be this, do not change it)
3) Put CustomRUU (get from here) into the same folder of NBH file ( as of step-2)

Method-1
1) Switch off your jade by pressing power button
2) Go to bootloader by pressing Volume key down first then power button
3) You see tricolor screen saying SPL 2.32.olinex (If you don't see this then Follow Hard SPL procedure as per procedure here)
4) Connect your Jade using USB cable to your system
5) You should see USB in the Jade Screen
6) Run CustomRUU
7) Follow instructions given by CustomRUU

Method-2
1) Synchronize your PC thru Activesync (Get it from here and install in your PC if your PC don't have)
( For Vista users-> ActiveSync can only be used when flashing with Windows XP PC, with Vista PC you need Windows Mobile Device Center from Get it from here ) <- Thx to Nirak
2) Once your Jade is synchronized then run CustomRUU
3) Follow Instruction given by CustomRUU

Flash Issue Recovery

If you accidentaly disconnect Jade from PC during flashing.. just follow onscreen CustomRUU instructions in you PC

If your Jade Struck (flash % stays at some number and no progress for quite some time) during flashing.
Check your HardSPL version and the ROM OEM build version, Hard SPL should be 2.32.olinex for OEM 2.32.** builds, Hard SPL should be 1.40.olinex for OEM 1.40.** builds​
If above is checked, then Switch off your jade by removing battery
Then follow Method-1

If your Jade is JADE110 SPL 1.70.** then install HARDSPLV41 as per instructions in Thread post#18

How To Hard Reset your Jade

Soft Method
1) Start Menu -> Settings -> System -> Clear Storage
Using Hardware Keys
1) Press Volume down key then press confirmation key (middle button near Navigation Keys) then Press Power Key. Follow on-screen instructions

HOW TO FLASH ROM ON JADE FROM THE SD CARD (Thx to Haree) (Original Thread)

1. Rename the .nbh file of your rom of choice to JADEIMG.nbh, drop into the root of your SD card.
2.Poweroff your phone
3.hold the volume down key and while continuing to hold it power on ur phone
4. The Phone will go into the bootloader mode, and will auto detect the rom image from the SD Card and ask if you want to proceed by hitting the power button. Hit the power button and the rom will install

Note : it should take about 10-15 mins
also make sure that ur SD card is Fat32 or format the same to Fat32 & use a smaller memory card the smaller the better
this is as per my experience using the above method on my previous phone ie gene(P3400i)

How to DUMP your STOCK ROM -> Read Here

To Restore a DUMPED ROM -> Read Here

German tutorial can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV2I2WAFkg4 Was tun wenn ein ROM Update fehlgeschlagen ist? HTC Wiederherstellen. Thanks to Dam79

Q & A
Q: Do I need to remove sim and sd card or not? (By ilovetouch)
A: Not Necessary

Q: Unable to turn off Antivirus..? Antivirus deletes customRUU.exe (by welshbloke70)
A: 1) unzip any stock ROM to a folder
2) copy your Cooked RUU_signed.nbh to that folder replacing the STOCK one.
3) Now Run the Romupate utility

Experts please post additional instructions if missed in above post.

Thx to UDK,Olinex and other xda-developers.

Last edited:

izzyzc

Jan 2, 2009
Just a quick one, does it make any difference if I have HardSPLv41 for an OEM 1.40.** build? What effect does it have, if any?

TIA!

ILoveTouch

May 23, 2008
Bangkok
Dear ironeagle

Question: If sim removal is not neccessary. How's going on if someone 's calling or messaging me whilst flashing?
a) flashing paused and continue after end call. :rolleyes:
b) flashing paused and device bricked. :eek:
c) still flashing coz the phone can't recieve anything whilst flashing. :cool:
d) .....
Thanks again.

Alphas

Jun 25, 2006
I am getting the error "server appears to be down, try later."

I had 1.71 rom, and tried HardSPL V3 and HardSPL v1.41, both gives an error

Downloaded CustomRUU from image version 1.40.723.2, with the rom in the same folder, boot to tricolor screen and later showed a grey background with a progress bar stuck at 0%. It never moved even after 10 mins, whats wrong with this?

ironeagle

Jul 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I am getting the error "server appears to be down, try later."

I had 1.71 rom, and tried HardSPL V3 and HardSPL v1.41, both gives an error

Downloaded CustomRUU from image version 1.40.723.2, with the rom in the same folder, boot to tricolor screen and later showed a grey background with a progress bar stuck at 0%. It never moved even after 10 mins, whats wrong with this?

First you should successfully do HardSPL then try flashin ROM. without hardSPL u cannot Flash any custom ROM.

Should Read the HardSPL thread carefully..

Check ur internet connection ( No Proxy )
Install the Software in your Jade when Directed by HardSPL

Alphas

Jun 25, 2006
I did the HardSPL, but I dun know why the tricolor screen still shows 1.40.0000 instead of 1.40.1000.

not running ny proxy, on SNBB.
Touch 3G devices. for JADE100

Jilke

May 20, 2009
can I ask what a rom is best for jade? I prefer speed and stability. Sorry for my english, she is not good.thanks

Alphas

Jun 25, 2006
why isit that HrdSPL keep telling me tat the software is for non comercial use only, and I couldnt even flash the bootloader!