GPS PROBLEM NO SATELLITE what so ever

Search This thread

s44suman

Oct 30, 2010
hey guys
I recently purchased a used galaxy nexus and as soon as i got it i rooted it and headed to xda to see whats fresh.
After flashing and all that i tried to use GPS but sadly there was no satellite present so there could be no lock or anything
So I flashed another rom and still the same
So I went to stock image 4.2.2 still no satellite was found by my phone
I have look alot of places some say just turn off and turn on the location but that doesnt help either

Can you guys please help me :)
Right now I am running Rootool box the stable version with fancy kernal.
When i turn on gps... in the status bar it says searching for gps forever.... and the gps icon keeps on blinking.

Thank you

klobkelosh

Jan 25, 2011
Phx, AZ
GPS and radios have nothing to do with each other.

Does everything else work ok, like phone and data? Is the phone activated and have a good sim? Are you using the gps outside with a clear view of the sky? Have you waited up to 20 minutes for satellite acquisition?

If you answer yes to all the above, try downloading gps status app and use that to download new agps data. See if that works. If not, sounds like you may have a hardware issue.

s44suman

Oct 30, 2010
GPS and radios have nothing to do with each other.

Does everything else work ok, like phone and data? Is the phone activated and have a good sim? Are you using the gps outside with a clear view of the sky? Have you waited up to 20 minutes for satellite acquisition?

If you answer yes to all the above, try downloading gps status app and use that to download new agps data. See if that works. If not, sounds like you may have a hardware issue.

I downloaded the gps status toolbox app and i did press download agps data but nothing still :(
anything thing else?

klobkelosh

Jan 25, 2011
Phx, AZ
Your last hope would be to restore a factory image again and see if that helps. Otherwise, Samsung would be your best bet

skizofrenic

May 25, 2013
i had similar problem (no gps) when i tried to force OTA ( i think 4.1.1?) deleting the GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK

i GOT the ota

but after it started i never catched a gps signal
tried to reset but nothing

i had to manually reinstall from fastboot ( but i was on stock at that time.... dunno if using a modded recovery is SAME thing or it leaves some file behind)

hope it works....

s44suman

Oct 30, 2010
i had similar problem (no gps) when i tried to force OTA ( i think 4.1.1?) deleting the GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK

i GOT the ota

but after it started i never catched a gps signal
tried to reset but nothing

i had to manually reinstall from fastboot ( but i was on stock at that time.... dunno if using a modded recovery is SAME thing or it leaves some file behind)

hope it works....

I will try the original stock firmware and see if i get it back
THank you