[DEV] Galaxy Tab 7" LCD screen tuning

Search This thread

supercurio

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Hi Galaxy Tab owners!

Samsung was so kind and sent me a Galaxy Tab (SHW-M180S) to help me developing for it. Thanks Samsung Mobile Korea ;)
That's why, only a few hours after receiving it I introduce support of this device in my research project app named Voodoo Screen Tuning R&D, available for free on Android Market.

This app is very much experimental and not a final product. See it as an internal leak from a R&D lab. But as Linus tells: release early, release often :D

Please take a look at the app description, and have fun testing this app!
I need your feedback, so.. see you soon.

Note: support starts with snapshot #31.

Last edited:

magicwonder

Jan 5, 2010
Tried but failed, does not recognize sgt p1000 yet? Can you tell when we can test? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Wow this is dedication, an unsecure kernel and an app in less then 5 hours, gratz :D

Anyway, seems to work fine here, colors are more bright by clicking on "dev", not sure what you made but it works.

Thanks.

GT-P1000 Euro

Reactions: supercurio

supercurio

May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Awesome, Do you have a GSM or CDMA tab? Can we expect some custom roms in future?

Great to see a new dev join section :)

Will give app a try later and give feedback, thnx :)

Any tab.

However I'm not a ROM guy − if I have a lot of respect for those who deodex and assemble ROMs all day long its extremely boring to me and I prefer doing things not done yet :)

magicwonder

Jan 5, 2010
Thanks, now it works. But I don´t get it, the link brings me to the android market webpage, when I download it there it works great, but when I download in the Market App it doesn´t recognize my device???
Anyway great work! Hope to see more ...

Use the link provided by supercurio in first post and not from Tab market.

supercurio

May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Give a try to snapshot 33 :)

With the overlay interface, you'll be able to see very clearly the effect of enabling/disabling CABC (Content Adaptive Backlight Control)
CABC is enabled in default Samsung settings, disabled in "dev" preset.
Note: much more than backlight is affected, IE the whole response curve with Samsung's advanced & complete CABC implementation.

Example: with a low contrast & dark content, then in the settings (white background)

Last edited:
Reactions: af974

af974

Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Is it possible that it doesn't keep settings after a reboot?
Because when i reboot it seems to me that it return to Samsung setting and if i cleck on dev i see the difference.

Give a try to snapshot 33 :)

With the overlay interface, you'll be able to see very clearly the effect of enabling/disabling CABC (Content Adaptive Backlight Control)
CABC is enabled in default Samsung settings, disabled in "dev" preset.
Note: much more than backlight is affected, IE the whole response curve with Samsung's advanced & complete CABC implementation.

Example: with a low contrast & dark content, then in the settings (white background)

supercurio

May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Is it possible that it doesn't keep settings after a reboot?
Because when i reboot it seems to me that it return to Samsung setting and if i cleck on dev i see the difference.

Auto restore at boot is not yet implemented.
So far I'm thinking about how to write cleanly the codebase to do that despite the variety of device supported, sometimes with "presets" (combination of settings already present in kernel), sometimes with "profiles" (color calibration profiles built from scratch using reverse-engineering and a colorimeter).

I want to write only super cleanly designed code in this app so.. no rush :)

Last edited:

af974

Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Ahhh....no worry, i thought it was a bug so i've reported :)

Auto restore at boot is not yet implemented.
So far I'm thinking about how to write it cleanly the codebase to do that despite the variety of device supported, sometimes with "presets", sometimes with "profiles".

I want to write only super cleanly designed code in this app so.. no rush :)

sohrab1985

Feb 26, 2011
I don't know if i get it right or not but the only snapshot I see here in the app is 35 and there is no way to change it it.
How is it possible to change to other snapshots?
BTW Thanks for the great work. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Galaxy Tab owners!

Samsung was so kind and sent me a Galaxy Tab (SHW-M180S) to help me developing for it. Thanks Samsung Mobile Korea ;)
    That's why, only a few hours after receiving it I introduce support of this device in my research project app named Voodoo Screen Tuning R&D, available for free on Android Market.

This app is very much experimental and not a final product. See it as an internal leak from a R&D lab. But as Linus tells: release early, release often :D

Please take a look at the app description, and have fun testing this app!
    I need your feedback, so.. see you soon.

Note: support starts with snapshot #31.
    smd_lms700jf03

gt-p1000
    Hello,

My device is GT-P1000, and bought more then a year before, at Vodafone Hungary... Thanks for your effort!

"
    $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
    $ su
    # cat /sys/devices/virtual/sec/sec_lcd/lcd*
    SMD_LMS700JF03#
    "

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
    Thank you Supercurio, your app is spectacular, the improvement is enormous and te results are visible. Only thing is ask for a permanent change( applying on boot)
    Snapshot 32: accept "galaxytab" Build.DEVICE from CM7