[Q] Htc DNA turns on ..shows half screen .

Search This thread

shadyabs

Jul 28, 2012
Hello there ,

Recently i had my Htc droid dna updated with 3.06 RUU ..then s-offed with rumrunner +perm root.

I have had problems with my Htc phone !! My phone ALWAYS starts up (power ON) with NO screen , it just shows the notification bar (to show the whole screen i have to use notif. bar slide it and go to settings ,then the whole screen comes up !horray). (I have attached a picture of that).

Does anyone knows whats happening here ? Usually when it starts like that ... i expect it to give me "proccess system not resonding" then powers off immediately(And it does so!!) it reboots (restart the phone) and get stuck in boot animation and there is NO way to turn it off! (just in case you open back cover and disconnect the battery). Any Idea guys?

By the way i am in a GREAT Rom by viper team 2.5 (as they said it has no bugs! I believe that ). NOTE : my phone had this issue even before flashing new Rom (lets say that's the reason for rooting and flashing another than stock).

I need you guys ! i really want my phone back ..i don't want now to send it to HTC corp. so they unroot it ,then i have to do the whole thing again !

Believe me before flashing the new Rom ,I cleared the phone ..factory clear cache ..everything !

Thanks alot for help !

Attachments

• IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 476

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Hello there ,

Recently i had my Htc droid dna updated with 3.06 RUU ..then s-offed with rumrunner +perm root.

I have had problems with my Htc phone !! My phone ALWAYS starts up (power ON) with NO screen , it just shows the notification bar (to show the whole screen i have to use notif. bar slide it and go to settings ,then the whole screen comes up !horray). (I have attached a picture of that).

Does anyone knows whats happening here ? Usually when it starts like that ... i expect it to give me "proccess system not resonding" then powers off immediately(And it does so!!) it reboots (restart the phone) and get stuck in boot animation and there is NO way to turn it off! (just in case you open back cover and disconnect the battery). Any Idea guys?

By the way i am in a GREAT Rom by viper team 2.5 (as they said it has no bugs! I believe that ). NOTE : my phone had this issue even before flashing new Rom (lets say that's the reason for rooting and flashing another than stock).

I need you guys ! i really want my phone back ..i don't want now to send it to HTC corp. so they unroot it ,then i have to do the whole thing again !

Believe me before flashing the new Rom ,I cleared the phone ..factory clear cache ..everything !

Thanks alot for help !

Looks like you need to re-flash the ROM, I would try a different ROM if you can, to shut the phone down, hold the power button down (the buttons will blink) when that stops the phone will be off. Sometimes it takes a while, usually only takes about 5 seconds but it might take 30+ seconds to fully power off.

If you can get it to boot into recovery, just use adb to either push or sideload another ROM and make sure to factory reset, wipe cache, and dalvik cache BEFORE you flash the new ROM. Internal storage can be left alone.

I recommend pushing the rom to the sdcard and then wipe the system partition (as well as the others mentioned above) <- if you wipe the system you will be left with nothing to boot to until you flash a new ROM

Last edited:

shadyabs

Jul 28, 2012
Nothing works !

Looks like you need to re-flash the ROM, I would try a different ROM if you can, to shut the phone down, hold the power button down (the buttons will blink) when that stops the phone will be off. Sometimes it takes a while, usually only takes about 5 seconds but it might take 30+ seconds to fully power off.

If you can get it to boot into recovery, just use adb to either push or sideload another ROM and make sure to factory reset, wipe cache, and dalvik cache BEFORE you flash the new ROM. Internal storage can be left alone.

I recommend pushing the rom to the sdcard and then wipe the system partition (as well as the others mentioned above) <- if you wipe the system you will be left with nothing to boot to until you flash a new ROM

Hi torrented ... thanks again for your help !

Again i tried flashing another Rom ! And it flashed PERFECTLY !! but unfortunately...the phone still in the same situation ..i have no idea what's the problem ...i did everything possible ! (factory reset...clear all system plus all partions ...nothing so special.).

Do you have any idea ?!

Thanks again !

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com

Hi torrented ... thanks again for your help !

Again i tried flashing another Rom ! And it flashed PERFECTLY !! but unfortunately...the phone still in the same situation ..i have no idea what's the problem ...i did everything possible ! (factory reset...clear all system plus all partions ...nothing so special.).

Do you have any idea ?!

Thanks again !
Have you tried using a different recovery to flash the roms? go into the viper3.0.1 thread download the beta .6 recovery flash that and then try to flash another rom again