Optimus Nexus LG-E960

Search This thread

samarth1

Dec 17, 2008
Stamford, CT
obv. they're not gonna put 32 jigs in a prototype

they're gonna put in 8 gigs into protypse duh ... cost savings ffs.
MOD EDIT: removed ridiculous font size....

You talk sense, and I love the pic of the dog with a deadpan face, it fits this pre-release cribbing perfectly. But please, don't yell!

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

So the 8gb Nexus 7 that everyone bought is a prototype then? That's a lot of money for a prototype.

You do realize that the 8GB Nexus7 cost $199 right? Also, it is safe to assume that Google is planning on releasing a 32GB Nexus7 to make everyone happy, with all the recent leaks. Why is it so hard to deduce that they plan on doing the same with the LG Nexus?

Last edited by a moderator:

Livebyte

Jul 14, 2012
So the 8gb Nexus 7 that everyone bought is a prototype then? That's a lot of money for a prototype.

I don't know about you but 199 for a tablet is dirt cheap, probably considered stealing by my standards.
The Nexus 7 here in Singapore is 399. Ridiculously expensive.

K

knucklesmckay

You talk sense, and I love the pic of the dog with a deadpan face, it fits this pre-release cribbing perfectly. But please, don't yell!

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

You do realize that the 8GB Nexus7 cost $199 right? Also, it is safe to assume that Google is planning on releasing a 32GB Nexus7 to make everyone happy, with all the recent leaks. Why is it so hard to deduce that they plan on doing the same with the LG Nexus?

Yes I guess you are right

leoluisguitar

Apr 30, 2012
You know what guys, i think this guy Troll us all with those pics and specs :D dont truth anything thats not official, it always change when it gets closer to the release

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

iucidium

Nov 17, 2010
Wolverhampton
I'll add my 2¢ now :silly:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349887577725.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349887577725.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 469
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349887593727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349887593727.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 478
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349887606534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349887606534.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 470

Zurginator

Sep 8, 2010
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
2gb of ram and 8/16gb of storage? Dafuq? Seriously?
How come there are hardly any 64gb options? Just unreal Google.

Maybe because it wouldn't make up for the cost of production in its sales numbers?

Nexus devices move few units, and if you make variations you're going to very quickly start running at a loss. So sure, they might could do a 64 GB version, but costs would be nuts --- would you pay a $200-300 price hike?

It's the principle that they charge for memory like they selling you a ssd I can get a 32 gigabytes flash drive for 25 in a phone that's 100.00? Not that we won't have an option just that it will cost so much for nothing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Same reason above. Different storage capacities require different assembly lines --- costs go up considerably. Higher capacities typically sell lower quantities, so once again prices go up considerably.

If it costs $X to set up the line for the 16 GB version, it would likely cost an additional $X to set up the 32 GB line. If the 32 GB version sells half as many units (not at all unlikely), production costs per phone just doubled.

Last edited:

amjadfirst

Jul 20, 2012
The problem is Google wants people to use the cloud and promote their google music cloud and so on... forgetting that most features like this are only available in the US... leaving others (Canada for example) stranded with 8 or 16GB to fit everything from movies and music to personal data and rom backups, etc... what's the point of having a gorgeous screen if you can't use it to watch high def movies? plus data speeds (atleast here) are still very crappy and not high enough to stream music and video in high def without considerable lag.. This is why people ask for 32GB storage and expandable memory.. so that the pure android nexus phone will give people OPTIONS, which is what android is all about.

K

knucklesmckay

The problem is Google wants people to use the cloud and promote their google music cloud and so on... forgetting that most features like this are only available in the US... leaving others (Canada for example) stranded with 8 or 16GB to fit everything from movies and music to personal data and rom backups, etc... what's the point of having a gorgeous screen if you can't use it to watch high def movies? plus data speeds (atleast here) are still very crappy and not high enough to stream music and video in high def without considerable lag.. This is why people ask for 32GB storage and expandable memory.. so that the pure android nexus phone will give people OPTIONS, which is what android is all about.

Plus a lot people are going to lose unlimited data in the US. So we will need to store more music and movies locally, that is why a 8gb Nexus is pretty much useless to me, no matter what the price is. The 16gb in my current Nex isn't even enough.

Anubis007

Jun 15, 2012
I'm starting to think LG is the first Nexus.. and later in '13 the others will come out.. which sucks because more waiting ):

that's funny, because i am starting to think the Optimus Nexus is the only Nexus we are getting this year. either that or the other OEM's are way better are keeping their devices out of public's reach.

amjadfirst

Jul 20, 2012
Even with all this.. android games are getting over 1GB a piece.. where are you gonna put all this? and why have a quad core S4 top of the line CPU and GPU if you're not gonna use it for such things.. even 16GB is now very small amount of storage when you think about it.. this is why the S3 has a 32GB and expandable with another 32GB microSD.. same with the note 2... up to 128GB of storage.. that's the right way to go.. and the price is still not all that bad... I just wish the note 2 would have a nexus branding.. that would be a dream come true

Last edited:

heat361

Dec 27, 2011
New York City
Nice...

As with this picture: http://androidandme.com/2012/10/sma...-benchmarked/attachment/lg-nexus-benchmark-2/ you can see the LG Nexus has a 16 GB storage.

That's the prototype in the box from yesterday

"The person with the prototype has had it for half a year..."

I call shenanigans, you've all been played.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Not really considering that lg has been in talks to make the next nexus since around February

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got prototype of this devices! I can answer any questions about it and give interesting info for you!
    IMG_20121010_005707.jpg

IMG_20121010_005354.jpg

UPD: Sorry for long silence. Probably you can read a professional review soon. Or I will update this topic with answers to your questions, wait a little.

UPD2: Full professional review of this device will be ready tomorrow. Preview here: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/11/lg-google-nexus-3

UPD3: 360-degrees photos and some pics from its camera: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/11/google-nexus-4

UPD4: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/12/lg-nexus-4-review

PS. If you have something to discuss about this device - write me PM.

PPS. And yes, it has LED indicator))))
    What is the specs??? Thnks

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Android version: JellyBeanMR1
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)
    Camera: 8 MPx
    I can't believe the silly negativity towards this device here and the various android blogs. The device shown is still a prototype, and as such, was not meant to be seen by the general public. Stop drawing conclusions and vilifying what will theoretically be the best android device out on pure specs alone. You do realize that this is the first time since the Nexus One that a nexus device has had absolutely top of the line specs running pure Android, right? Isn't that quintessentially what the nexus program is about? Quit whining about SD card slots when you know the exact reason Google is moving away from them since 2010, for god sakes. Need more storage? Go buy another android phone, there are some excellent choices like the Optimus G, the GSIII, RAZR HD Maxx, and the OneX+, all from different manufacturers who bring their own sensibilities. But, be prepared to pay upwards of $550 for them if you want it unlocked, unlike buying straight from Google. Seriously, how do you ignore the fact that it has a Quad Core S4 Pro (the fastest SoC currently made available to OEMs), 2GB of RAM, and a 4.7in IPS LCD (non-pentile) display? And if the Optimus G serves as inspiration, we will see a 2100mAh battery as well. At least wait till the official announcement before forming an opinion on something, and take everything you have seen so far with a grain of salt.
    CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Android version: JellyBeanMR1
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)
    Camera: 8 MPx

8GB! I hope this is only for the prototype. If Google launch with an 8GB option with no expandable storage it will be way too small. They can shove the cloud up their ass.

I know there will be a 16GB model too, but they really need a 32GB option as well. Cloud storage is still in its infancy, and not everyone has access to LTE yet.
    Can you please post a general video of the hardware and software onboard.

Thanks.

Yeah a video would be great. 720p please :)

Ok, I'll try to make it tomorrow. It's 2:14 am now and i'm going to sleep=)