[Q] xperia go cm11

Search This thread

stefanoclaes

Jan 4, 2014
hi guys i downloaded cm 11 from munjeni for my xperia go.
first it said error 7 i fixed it by deleting assert in the notebook.
now i finally flashed cm 11 in cwm recovery.
it is not rebooting.
can someone help or give tips what i could have done wrong.

claudd

Dec 23, 2013
Reboot request 10-15 min after installation

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

icooldude007

Jan 5, 2014
Error7 while installing CM11 on Xperia GO

it is not rebooting.

Hi, I am also getting the same Error 7. How did you fix this issue. Please let me know. I am not familiar with the technical details..

lemon_lama

Jan 4, 2014
it is not rebooting.

Had you flashed the kernel in fastboot before installing the ROM in recovery?

The steps are:
1_Save zips folder with ROM and Gapps on your phone SD card
2_extract the folder with ROM on your computer (using 7zip or similar) and take the boot.img file
3_connect your phone with PC in fastboot mode and flash the kernel (typing "fastboot flash boot boot.img) in the command window
4_after that open your phone in recovery and wipe data/factory reset and cache partition
5_install the zip (with rom) from sd card (like you did)
6_wipe again data/factory reset and cache partition (just to avoid any bootloop)
7_install gapps from the zip
8_reboot system and you are done!

Note that the first boot with new ROMs always take a bit longer than usual...

stefanoclaes

Jan 4, 2014
Had you flashed the kernel in fastboot before installing the ROM in recovery?

The steps are:
1_Save zips folder with ROM and Gapps on your phone SD card
2_extract the folder with ROM on your computer (using 7zip or similar) and take the boot.img file
3_connect your phone with PC in fastboot mode and flash the kernel (typing "fastboot flash boot boot.img) in the command window
4_after that open your phone in recovery and wipe data/factory reset and cache partition
5_install the zip (with rom) from sd card (like you did)
6_wipe again data/factory reset and cache partition (just to avoid any bootloop)
7_install gapps from the zip
8_reboot system and you are done!

Note that the first boot with new ROMs always take a bit longer than usual...
thanks a lot the problem was that i didn't had unlocked bootloader everything is solved now i am running cyanogenmod 11 on xperia go.:D

ankitsxperiago

Mar 2, 2013
Gandhidham
OnePlus 3T
Samsung Galaxy S9+
thanks a lot the problem was that i didn't had unlocked bootloader everything is solved now i am running cyanogenmod 11 on xperia go.:D

Congrats you succeeded to get cm11.
I'm also looking to flash cm11 but for that unlocked bootloader is needed and by doing that I'll lost bravia engine.That was other thing. What u wanted to ask is that while unlocking bootloader which steps did you follow.
Know there's a bunch of thread about that, but I want you to tell me.I mean any step you want me to do that carefully or any other thing.
What about if you want to relock your bootloader.

Sent from 'not any permanent posture/position' using Xperia go

stefanoclaes

Jan 4, 2014
unlocking bootloader

1 root your phone i used kingo root
2 unlock bootloader
3 go to the sony developping sitehttp://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
4 fellow the steps untill they give the code to unlock your phone now download http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2335555 for flashing software and connecting with abd
5 download http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1560613 this put your imei code and your unlock code there and turn your device off and connect in fastboot (volume up and the connect cable it will say in the aplication if it worked warning be sure you make a backup becouse he is gonna make factory reset
6 dowload a custom rom (cm 11 with gapps) put it in a folder on your pc and extract the zip file put the normal zip file on your xperia go internal storage and not in a folder
7 download recover x from play store to install cwm or twrp
8 go in the flashtool from androxyde and
9 look if he gets root acces and that you have busybox installed (dont forget to put usb debugging on)
10 click the lightning and select fastboot mode
11click reboot into fastboot mode (via abd)
12 reboot into fastboot mode (via fastboot)
13 select kernel to flash and find the image in the folder you made on the pc instal it and disconnect your xperia when done
14 go in your recovery on your xperia by holding the power button and tapping volume up do this untill you see recovery
15 select backupp and restore and then backupp to save a copy of your rom
16Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
17 select instal zip from sd card choose zip from sd card choose the rom where you flashed the kernel of in the flashtool confirm and do the same with the gapss 4.4 if you dont do this you might have no playstore and google plus
18 select reboot and enjoy your rom
i am no develloper but i am pretty sure it will work it worked for me and if your divice is bricked no worry just go install the sony updater softwarehttp://www.sonymobile.com/nl/tools/update-service/ good luck there are enough how to videos on youtube.