YouTube Buffering Issues on Open Source ROMs

Search This thread

gordo80

May 24, 2011
Hi All,

Is there a fix for youtube buffering issues. My youtube sits on the buffering signal icon. Any tricks and help will be appreciated.

goatman101

Jan 8, 2012
Same problem here. It seems to affect only certain flashers though. I went to a tw Rom for a minute just to check it out and now am trying to get back to cm11 or an AOSP based rom, but can't get YouTube to play. It just sits there buffering. I have experienced this on mastamoons Cm11 builds and slim.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Try clear cache and data for the app,if not working try uninstall and reinstall see if that help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: goatman101

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
No, it's not ROM specific. It is however open sourced specific. It has happened to me on CM11, beanstalk, and SlimKat.

Do you have any Adblock app installed? also check your hosts file. If you unable to find the root cause, I would just do a clean install: wipe cache/dalvik cache/system/data/ and format sdcard, this will wipe all the residual stuff on your phone and a super clean install. Sometimes if you have a bad configure file in your system and just wipe data and reinstall rom won't wipe it. After all Youtube is just an app that can be installed as system app or user app.

Reactions: goatman101

goatman101

Jan 8, 2012
Do you have any Adblock app installed? also check your hosts file. If you unable to find the root cause, I would just do a clean install: wipe cache/dalvik cache/system/data/ and format sdcard, this will wipe all the residual stuff on your phone and a super clean install. Sometimes if you have a bad configure file in your system and just wipe data and reinstall rom won't wipe it. After all Youtube is just an app that can be installed as system app or user app.

I think I will try the super clean install. When I format the sdcard, does that mean I have to odin a stock file unlock the bootloader again? appreciate your help btw buhohitr.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I think I will try the super clean install. When I format the sdcard, does that mean I have to odin a stock file unlock the bootloader again? appreciate your help btw buhohitr.

No, you don't have to Odin stock rom. When you wipe system it will delete your current O/S, when you wipe sdcard, all your stuff store on the phone will be gone like pictures, video, music etc... Once you done with all the wipes, just use custom recovery and reflash your favorate rom, I would try something less risky like custom TW rom (CM is risky) and see if that works with youtube, if it does then do a clean install again but this time don't do "format sdcard".

bjazz69

May 24, 2008
Any update on a fix for this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

goatman101

Jan 8, 2012
Any update on a fix for this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not for me. I tried all the suggestions in this thread to no avail. I think the only thing left is to odin back to stock. Just a hunch but i have a suspicion that there may be some fragment left behind from other rom flashes or possibly a remnant from exposed. Funny thing is, on a tw rom, all is good. As soon as i go back to an open source rom like cm11 or slimkat, youtube will not load on lte.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try clear cache and data for the app,if not working try uninstall and reinstall see if that help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Yeah I tried both of those, still couldn't get it to work.

Probably rom specific, you could try another rom and get back to it once the dev ironed out the issue.
    No, it's not ROM specific. It is however open sourced specific. It has happened to me on CM11, beanstalk, and SlimKat.