When flashing new rom, stock at boot screen

Search This thread

Miyamato

Jun 4, 2012
Hey,

So I recently acquired a S4 i337m Fido (running 4.3, I1337MVLUEMK6). I tried to root and put TWRP via Odin, didn't end up working (not sure what I did wrong), but managed to root via auto-root and flashed TWRP via Goo Manager.

I have tried twice to put a custom room on, HyperDrive and Paranoid android. I created a nandbackup, then full wiped, and flashed the roms then Gapps and rebooted. Both times, they got stuck on the boot animation (just showing the Samsung Galaxy S4 Logo), with the top left corner saying something about my recovery (when flashed HyperDrive), and something about my kernel when I tried to flash PA. Also, I couldn't get to TWRP on my first 2 tries when flashing HyperDrive (to restore), but got it on my first try with PA.

Any ideas why I am having trouble flashing custom roms?

So what it says on the boot screen logo at top left is:
1. RECOVERY BOOTING (in blue),
2. RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING (red)
3. Set Warranty Bit: recovery (yellow)

Cheers, and thanks

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rbedell

Jul 22, 2012
Hey,

So I recently acquired a S4 i337m Fido (running 4.3, I1337MVLUEMK6). I tried to root and put TWRP via Odin, didn't end up working (not sure what I did wrong), but managed to root via auto-root and flashed TWRP via Goo Manager.

I have tried twice to put a custom room on, HyperDrive and Paranoid android. I created a nandbackup, then full wiped, and flashed the roms then Gapps and rebooted. Both times, they got stuck on the boot animation (just showing the Samsung Galaxy S4 Logo), with the top left corner saying something about my recovery (when flashed HyperDrive), and something about my kernel when I tried to flash PA. Also, I couldn't get to TWRP on my first 2 tries when flashing HyperDrive (to restore), but got it on my first try with PA.

Cheers, and thanks

You need to read a lot more. You can only use safestrap right now. Odin back to MF3 and install safestrap after rooting. Only touchwiz roms using stock kernel will work for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Miyamato

Miyamato

Jun 4, 2012
Hey, Thanks for answering. So I have to re flags firmware, and re root, with safestrap correct? After that only tw bases roms with stock kernels will work, or as of right now (current situation) only tw and stock kernels will work?

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
Hey, Thanks for answering. So I have to re flags firmware, and re root, with safestrap correct? After that only tw bases roms with stock kernels will work, or as of right now (current situation) only tw and stock kernels will work?

It appears the first one you flashed Hyperdrive is for ATT at model number is i337 your model is i337m not the same thing.... If it was my phone I would wait for azuziel to reply in the other thread or pm him directly.... you can't use i337 firmware on your phone.... you had and hope still have an unlocked bootloader... this means you don't need safety strap.... talk to azuziel before you get too flash happy.... could save you lots of headaches.....

Jerald (IT Expert)

Mar 2, 2018
Your issue is in my Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (SM-T525) li (kely. I do is just keep it in low battery state. (Even if you press the power button it wont boot. Dont Charge it!)
And connect it on computer. You will see the only logo of you samsung brand. That is second to the last step. The last step is go it on download mode. By pressing Volume Down+Home Button+Power Button. And click volume up. Now download odin and install the compatible version of TWRP for your phone. And now wait. You will see in odin a Reset *Blue* on top corner of the app that is a good sign. Now if you see a Pass *Green* on the top corner of the app. Your ready to go! It will boot in Normal State!

This Might Helpful!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

Cheers, and thanks

You need to read a lot more. You can only use safestrap right now. Odin back to MF3 and install safestrap after rooting. Only touchwiz roms using stock kernel will work for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk