[DEV][ROM] Porting CM11 to LG G Flex

Search This thread

cascio97

Apr 25, 2011
Perugia
lcpint.wordpress.com
Who am I?
Hello, my name is Lorenzo I am 16 y.o. and I am from Italy. I started falling in love w/ Android in 2010 with my first LG P500 (Optimus One). Now I own a phone store and I can have almost any phone for good price but I loved the LG G Flex since I saw it, at the presentation. I ordered it from China 5 days after. It arrived 3 weeks ago.

What do I want from you, the XDA Community?
I need to get in touch with some good Android developers to port the PURE GOOGLE custom rom is available for the LG G2 to the LG G Flex (since they are really similar devices). I tried downloading it, trying to port it w/o any success. Just boot loop and EFS partition lost.

How can you help me?
I have some basic Java and C knowledge but it's not as "high-level" as the one that Android Open Source development needs.

So, what now?
If you know a developer, if you are a developer you know you can help me (well, you can help ALL the LG G Flex community). No one took this device seriously from the beginning but I KNOW we can DO IT. I am always available for testing, helping and stuff but I, we really need YOUR help to do it!

On 2nd post you will find EVERY people available for testing.

If you have any idea, just write. The keyboard doesn't bite, me neither.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_cao and Ghost277

cascio97

Apr 25, 2011
Perugia
lcpint.wordpress.com
People available for testing

Since there are different LG G Flex variants, this post is divided in sections. Under every section there are the people available for testing on that model

LG G Flex D955 (European model):​

LG G Flex D958 (Hong Kong & Asia model):​

-Me! @cascio97

LG G Flex D959 (TMobile USA model):​
LG G Flex D950 (AT&T model):​

LG G Flex LS995 (Sprint model):​

LG G Flex F340 (Korea model):​

Last edited:

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I can test the959 and possibly help with getting it working. I've been wanting to tackle aosp and this would be a perfect phone to run it.

On a side note this should probably get in general..... Do we even have a mod, I've seen a lot that would get shut down in other threads going in here?

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bbobarino

bbobarino

Jun 27, 2011
pawtucket
I can test the959 and possibly help with getting it working. I've been wanting to tackle aosp and this would be a perfect phone to run it.

On a side note this should probably get in general..... Do we even have a mod, I've seen a lot that would get shut down in other threads going in here?

Omg thats so funny thats a good question do we have a mod?? Its so pathetic coming from samsung and nexus i have never seen such dull development

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Omg thats so funny thats a good question do we have a mod?? Its so pathetic coming from samsung and nexus i have never seen such dull development

I think you missed what I meant. I mean a moderator (mod) I see tons of bickering, repeat threads, questions in the wrong section, etc. In the note 2 forum that stuff would be deleted instantly.

By the way development is slow because it's a new phone with a locked bootloader. I think there's like 3 or 4 people ready to drop a ROM when we get a recovery. I know I am

ApriliaM3

Retired Senior Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
Bangkok
I think you missed what I meant. I mean a moderator (mod) I see tons of bickering, repeat threads, questions in the wrong section, etc. In the note 2 forum that stuff would be deleted instantly.

What have you done about it apart from whining here? Have you reported the threads? Perhaps the members in the Note 2 forum are more pro-active...

bbobarino

Jun 27, 2011
pawtucket
I new exactly what u meant wen u said mod lol thats y it was so funny derp

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Not for nothing i No its cause we have locked bootloader u must think im noob clearly im not

iamtha1

Dec 1, 2012

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Not for nothing i No its cause we have locked bootloader u must think im noob clearly im not

We r days away from our bootloader being unlocked..... personally i came from the lg optimus g which had a few very good devs which gave me some of the most stable roms i have ever run. I also had the galaxy s2 which had unlimited roms to flash but most were unstable caused random reboots countless softbricks. So i like what is comeing to the flex! Just be patient i think u will also

Sent from my LG-D950 using xda app-developers app

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
What have you done about it apart from whining here? Have you reported the threads? Perhaps the members in the Note 2 forum are more pro-active...

Seriously? I made one comment and had it been a serious infraction would have reported it like I usually do. I was just noting I haven't seen one mod yet (so half jokingly commented)...oh until I asked if we had one then you come in throwing accusations.

I dint think you're a noob. Just pointing out the flood is coming. By the way now that you mention it, it was a funny coincidence.

Typo fix

Last edited:

bbobarino

Jun 27, 2011
pawtucket
We r days away from our bootloader being unlocked..... personally i came from the lg optimus g which had a few very good devs which gave me some of the most stable roms i have ever run. I also had the galaxy s2 which had unlimited roms to flash but most were unstable caused random reboots countless softbricks. So i like what is comeing to the flex! Just be patient i think u will also

Thats awesome news days away. R we really days away? Do u no something? Is shellnut and dan working on it ? I am very excited to have a recovery and cant wait to do nandroid and flash anything

cascio97

Apr 25, 2011
Perugia
lcpint.wordpress.com

I didn't do anything else than copying some libs from stock to custom CM11 (the LG G2 one). As I said it doesn't boot, and I had some problems with the CWM recovery when flashing.

I would happily test on my d950!

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
For now I am just searching for developers to help me. I will happily add you to the list.

Me neither. I bought this awesome device, thinking that in no time we could have a (at least) buggy version of AOSP working. Anyway I am continuously trying to make it to work. May I add you to the testers when we get it to work?
I can test for the D959 as well.
Thank you. I'll add you ASAP.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
It's probably a kernel issue. Despite the similarities between the g2 and flex we will need a new kernel for AOSP based ROMs. Fortunately we do have a kernel dev (oh and PlayfulGod had made AOSP before) around so maybe when we get recovery it will see a lot if love

cascio97

Apr 25, 2011
Perugia
lcpint.wordpress.com
It's probably a kernel issue. Despite the similarities between the g2 and flex we will need a new kernel for AOSP based ROMs. Fortunately we do have a kernel dev (oh and PlayfulGod had made AOSP before) around so maybe when we get recovery it will see a lot if love

Well, I am searching online on how to build kernel from source but I didn't find any way to actually compile it for the flex. Do you have any ideas?

@bbobarino I added you. Thanks for being available.

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Once we get a custom recovery,I'll be a lot more proactive about developing and modding this thing and testing anything you can throw at me. D959

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

maxrusakoff

Mar 30, 2013
LG G Flex Sprint

Hi.
I have Sprint variant of Flex (LS995). So, I have root and wanna test something :), please add me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who am I?
    Hello, my name is Lorenzo I am 16 y.o. and I am from Italy. I started falling in love w/ Android in 2010 with my first LG P500 (Optimus One). Now I own a phone store and I can have almost any phone for good price but I loved the LG G Flex since I saw it, at the presentation. I ordered it from China 5 days after. It arrived 3 weeks ago.

What do I want from you, the XDA Community?
    I need to get in touch with some good Android developers to port the PURE GOOGLE custom rom is available for the LG G2 to the LG G Flex (since they are really similar devices). I tried downloading it, trying to port it w/o any success. Just boot loop and EFS partition lost.

How can you help me?
    I have some basic Java and C knowledge but it's not as "high-level" as the one that Android Open Source development needs.

So, what now?
    If you know a developer, if you are a developer you know you can help me (well, you can help ALL the LG G Flex community). No one took this device seriously from the beginning but I KNOW we can DO IT. I am always available for testing, helping and stuff but I, we really need YOUR help to do it!

On 2nd post you will find EVERY people available for testing.

If you have any idea, just write. The keyboard doesn't bite, me neither.
    I can help you with the most part of the building and testing. I own a store so I can have any G Flex variant I need. If you get into something new, tell me (in PM too) so I can help :good:

Will do, i'll probably need all of the help I can get. My goal would be to keep it as close to stock as possible, but add a few features that cm lacks.