Aurora ICS ADB & MTP drivers

Search This thread
If you have problem installing the drivers,
you can try edit the file android_winusb.inf
and modify the %CompositeAdbInterface% entry in [Google.NTx86] for 32bit systems
or [Google.NTamd64] for 64bit systems (msdn says .NTamd64 is not for itanium processors and you should use .NTia64 in that case).

You have to open the device manager and find the Hardware ID
of the device that windows displays with the question mark
and is related to your phone (in case you have multiple devices with question mark).
It should be something similar to USB\VID_12D1&PID_xxxx&MI_xx.
If you do this, use the new hardware installation wizard and windows will install the drivers without any trouble.

This is the procedure I used for the drivers I posted and will also probably function in future android versions when and if the Hardware Id changes.

Hi,

I have the latest Aurora version (4.1 update 1a) and I get 5 Android devices in my Win7 x64 Device Manager.
All of them have the hardware ID USB\VID_12D1&PID_9025&REV_0231&MI_0x and the only thing that changes is the MI_0x part, from MI_00 to MI_04.

Can someone who has the drivers correctly installed tell me which MI_0x corresponds to which device name?

They can't be all Android Composite ADB Interface can they? :confused: Are they? :eek:

Thanks!

sr21

Dec 9, 2011
Braga
Hi,

I have the latest Aurora version (4.1 update 1a) and I get 5 Android devices in my Win7 x64 Device Manager.
All of them have the hardware ID USB\VID_12D1&PID_9025&REV_0231&MI_0x and the only thing that changes is the MI_0x part, from MI_00 to MI_04.

Can someone who has the drivers correctly installed tell me which MI_0x corresponds to which device name?

They can't be all Android Composite ADB Interface can they? :confused: Are they? :eek:

Thanks!

If you change follow the guide and do yourself the changes for your device ID, the drivers should work without problems.

All phones can have the Android Composite ADB Interface, but you need to install the drivers first!

Passa91

Dec 17, 2010
Hate to be that dumb guy... but I can't get these to work. I changed the string in the driver inf file based on my hardware ID as well, and the drivers do install (it comes up as Android Composite ADB Interface) but adb does not identify the device and I can't push anything to it. When I do "adb devices" nothing shows up in the list.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out. For those with difficulties, make sure the device you install it to has an ID of 1 at the end of the hardware ID. Five unknown devices will appear when you first connect (at least for me in Windows 7 x64) - they will be numbered 0 to 4. So yeah, pick the one ending in 1 for the hardware ID, install the driver (you may need to ensure the inf is modified as described here on the forum) and it will work.

Last edited:

jorslb

Jan 6, 2011
Hate to be that dumb guy... but I can't get these to work. I changed the string in the driver inf file based on my hardware ID as well, and the drivers do install (it comes up as Android Composite ADB Interface) but adb does not identify the device and I can't push anything to it. When I do "adb devices" nothing shows up in the list.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out. For those with difficulties, make sure the device you install it to has an ID of 1 at the end of the hardware ID. Five unknown devices will appear when you first connect (at least for me in Windows 7 x64) - they will be numbered 0 to 4. So yeah, pick the one ending in 1 for the hardware ID, install the driver (you may need to ensure the inf is modified as described here on the forum) and it will work.

Can you please post here your file?
I have the same problem

jorslb

Jan 6, 2011
I have 2 Android and 2 HUAWEI Technologies...
Tried Google drivers downloaded from Android SDK manager.
Tried file u8800_drivers.zip
No success
Does anyone knows how to solve this?

oskar1578

Jul 30, 2012
Im on Aurora ICS 4.1 update 1a. When i connect phone and press activate usb ... it works but windows tries to install drivers all the time but cant find them.. I can use my SD- card and put in and out folders etc. but the windows trying to find drivers is quite annoying *_*

m!xal!s

Dec 4, 2011
Huawei included an updated driver in the latest HiSuite that also supports MTP.

Anyone having problems can also try the newer driver from the first post and see if it helps.

Last edited:

oskar1578

Jul 30, 2012
So could somebody help me. I installed the ADB drivers before he updated the post. I installed them on the 5 Android phones in device manager. (Idk if i should have installed on all of them) But anyways when i plug in my phone to my computer i can access my SD-card no problem but i cant connect to Hisuite or MyphoneExplorer because computer says that there is no phone plugged into computer even though i have tried with both usb debugging on and off. I cant find my phone in device manager either now. So how can i uninstall the drivers i installed and get this problem solved... Would really appreciate some help still new to roms.

m!xal!s

Dec 4, 2011
So could somebody help me. I installed the ADB drivers before he updated the post. I installed them on the 5 Android phones in device manager. (Idk if i should have installed on all of them) But anyways when i plug in my phone to my computer i can access my SD-card no problem but i cant connect to Hisuite or MyphoneExplorer because computer says that there is no phone plugged into computer even though i have tried with both usb debugging on and off. I cant find my phone in device manager either now. So how can i uninstall the drivers i installed and get this problem solved... Would really appreciate some help still new to roms.

Well this is standard windows procedure :eek:

You can always remove old drivers from the device manager,
by right-clicking and selecting uninstall.
But you have to select "View" -> "Show hidden devices",
and add a system environment variable named
"devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" with the value of "1".

Old or disconnected devices have a transparent icon so that you can identify them.

I hope that this will help you.

Last edited:

oskar1578

Jul 30, 2012
Well this is standard windows procedure :eek:

You can always remove old drivers from the device manager,
by right-clicking and selecting uninstall.
But you have to select "View" -> "Show hidden devices",
and add a system environment variable named
"devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" with the value of "1".

Old or disconnected devices have a transparent icon so that you can identify them.

I hope that this will help you.

Okay so i have done that with the computer with the enviroment variables etc. I have 4 "ghost" Androids under other devices. And under Android Phone i have 6 Android ADB Interface and 1 Android Composite ADB Interface. What should i do with all of them now then? Unistall all of them? Sorry for being a bit noobish.

Last edited:

m!xal!s

Dec 4, 2011
Okay so i have done that with the computer with the enviroment variables etc. I have 4 "ghost" Androids under other devices. And under Android Phone i have 6 Android ADB Interface and 1 Android Composite ADB Interface. What should i do with all of them now then? Unistall all of them? Sorry for being a bit noobish.

Yes, you can safely uninstall all of them.

And if you want you can also remove the related oemXX.inf (and oemXX.pnf) files
from "windows\inf" directory, that were created when you installed the previous drivers.

Then you have to install the newer drivers and you're good to go.

oskar1578

Jul 30, 2012
Yes, you can safely uninstall all of them.

And if you want you can also remove the related oemXX.inf (and oemXX.pnf) files
from "windows\inf" directory, that were created when you installed the previous drivers.

Then you have to install the newer drivers and you're good to go.

Another noob question : How do i reinstall the drivers after i have uninstalled them? I dont get a "install driver" popup when i plug in my phone

m!xal!s

Dec 4, 2011
Another noob question : How do i reinstall the drivers after i have uninstalled them? I dont get a "install driver" popup when i plug in my phone

If you don't get a prompt to install new drivers, you might have forgotten to remove some previous entry.
If you think you have removed everything, then try a different USB port or/and a different USB cable.

netfaruk

Dec 14, 2011
İstanbul
omerfarukbodur.com
thanks

and modify the %CompositeAdbInterface% entry in [Google.NTx86] for 32bit systems
or [Google.NTamd64] for 64bit systems (msdn says .NTamd64 is not for itanium processors and you should use .NTia64 in that case).

and is related to your phone (in case you have multiple devices with question mark).
If you do this, use the new hardware installation wizard and windows will install the drivers without any trouble.

This is the procedure I used for the drivers I posted and will also probably function in future android versions when and if the Hardware Id changes.
it works :) thank you.

May 4, 2013
I didn't flash 2.09. I tried 2.02, 2.04 and now I am at 2.11a and it works fine. There was no changes at all. Maybe there is something with your pc/phone/suite.

I didn't test the exe :). Just install it through the new hardware wizard and point it to the inf.

They should be compatible with W7. But I only have winxp 32bit, I don't need anything fancier :D.

Well, in my opinion and after some unfortunate things that happened to my SD card some time ago with the original froyo, I NEVER mount the sd as an external drive. There is always a chance of corruption and I mean with correct handling (safe removal).
I just use this great free suite called MyPhoneExplorer (w w w.fjsoft.at/en/). It functions with every android and you can copy your files safely.
You had probably already corrupted your memory if you have disconnections. Try to backup your files on your hard disk then use the SD Formatter (w w w.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/) to format your sd card and copy it's contents back.

Bye.

Thank

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I modified the USB ADB & MTP drivers for Aurora ICS in order to work in U8800.
    Hi Suite and MyPhoneExplorer functioning as usual.

Huawei U8800 ICS ADB Driver.zip (Tested on Win32 with the adb interface. Older.)
    Huawei U8800 ICS ADB & MTP Drivers.zip (Tested on Win32 with the adb interface & mtp mode. Newer.)

Update 14Aug2012.

ICS brought two new tranfer modes to Android, MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)
    that are really cool, because there should be no risk of data corruption.

For the moment it seems that PTP is broken in Aurora and it's replaced by the old Mass Storage mode,
    along with the probability of data corruption [Aurora 3.0_beta2_update2 changelog].

But MTP really works and it's the recommended option. The phone is presented as a
    Portable Device in My Computer with full access to internal memory (HWUserData) and SD Card.
    You can switch between MTP and Mass Storage
    from Settings -> Storage -> Menu -> USB Computer Connection
    (In languages except English Mass Storage is the PTP option).

Finally I have listed all the different interfaces that U8800 with Aurora ICS 4.1 presents in different situations,
    in case it's useful to someone.

Code:
    -USB Debugging OFF-
    MTP - Automatic Installation (USB\VID_12D1&PID_F003)
    PTP - Mass Storage (USBSTOR\DiskLinux___File-CD_Gadget__0000)

-USB Debugging ON-
    MTP
        MTP Driver from Huawei (USB\VID_12D1&PID_9039&MI_00)
        ADB Interface (USB\VID_12D1&PID_9039&MI_01)

PTP
        Mass Storage (USBSTOR\DiskLinux___File-CD_Gadget__0000)
        ADB Interface (USB\VID_12D1&PID_903D&MI_01)

-Recovery-
        CdRom (USBSTOR\CdRom________Android_Adapter_0100) (Not valid Filesystem)
        2x Mass Storage (USBSTOR\Disk________Android_Adapter_0100) (Can mount SDCard in one of them)
        ADB Interface (USB\VID_12D1&PID_1038&MI_01)

-Bootloader Pink Screen-
        Huawei eMMC Storage USB Device (USBSTOR\DiskHuawei__eMMC_Storage____2.6_)
        Android Adapter Modem (USB\VID_12D1&PID_1035&MI_00)
        DBAdapter Reserved Interface (COM Port) (USB\VID_12D1&PID_1035&MI_04)

-Bootloader from Shutdown Menu-
        Android Sooner (Fastboot) Single ADB Interface (USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D) (Huawei Logo)

Here it is the ADB driver for Aurora ICS 3.1 u5 for who uses MTP.

Tested in W7 32bits

i'm with aurora 2.09 and this don't work..
    i'm trying on windows xp
    The driver works on windows 7 & windows 8 64bit. It's not always a straight forward procedure though.
    When device has ICS aurora rom, windows device manager recognize 5 android devices with expaination mark in front of them and no drivers installed. The system trys to install the driver for android device but fails because usually install the driver not for the right android device. If you check the IDs of these devices you will see this:
    USB\VID_12D1&PID_9025&REV_0231&MI_0x
    the x is a number from 0 to 4 for every one of these five android devices.
    So you need to install this driver on the android device with ID 01. This needed to be done manually by select search for a driver on PC option and then "choose from a list of known devices drivers", then choose android phone, then the "have disk" button, and finally search for the path in which you have put the ICS driver.