[STOCK] AT&T RUU_Evita_UL_Cingular_US-1.82.502 [Wi-Fi Fix!]

Search This thread

txmade

Mar 13, 2012
Do you have to be rooted to install? I asked this earlier and did not get a response. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

belyle

Aug 9, 2010
Kent, WA
No, you don't have to be rooted to install. Hook your phone to your computer, doubletap that .exe and wait 15 minutes.

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
I cant flash this( after transforming my rom to rogers) Its saying error 155 get correct image file. I copied the att build.prop pages back to system but still getting same error. Any thoughts.

EDIT: NVM got it

How did you fix it? Did you restart the phone after copying the new build.prop onto the phone.

tian105

Mar 11, 2011
are you guys ****ting me?
I thought stock was smooth and fast enough...

cant wait to get home!

craig@xatik

Mar 16, 2012
Twin Cities, MN
www.xatik.com
Can anybody confirm if the TuneIn Radio app still appears in the app drawer? I could swear it was showing up before this update, but no longer does. The app works if launched thru the the Music app, so its there.

I also checked permissions on the app and the odex file in /system/app and they were set to rw, r, r respectively, so not sure why it doesn't show up in the drawer.

I just noticed this want showing up either. Hmm

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Because I work for Att call center and the last thing I want to do in my free time is call Att about adding vvm feature. But yet your comment no one understands because it has nothing to do with this file.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Ok mr call center and you work for att? If vvm isn't enabled on your plan it won't work. It doesn't matter if the rom has vvm, you still have to call and make sure its on the plan. Mine was "5gb data no visual voice mail'..why they chose that option during setup gets me... I have the vvm apk, not the att messages app, got it from vivid forum. Had to call myself to have it activated. I hope you don't answer if I have an important question... :p

Last edited:

djfrost40

Apr 4, 2010
Ok mr call center and you work for att? If vvm isn't enabled on your plan it won't work. It doesn't matter if the rom has vvm, you still have to call and have it enabled. I have the vvm apk, not the att messages app, got it from vivid forum. Had to call myself to have it activated. I hope you don't answer if I have an important question...

this wouldnt install on my phone. I downloaded to pc, ran the application with phone plugged and it says connection error.

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Battery seems to be better for me. Last few days by this time i was at 40%, Today at 60% with similar usage.. Now just fix the multi tasking and i'll wait a few for an unlock :)

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

this wouldnt install on my phone. I downloaded to pc, ran the application with phone plugged and it says connection error.

This RUU or the VVM.apk i was talking about? a little confused here, maybe you quoted the wrong person. I'll still try to help ya though :)... Do you have usb debugging enabled in settings, developer options?

djfrost40

Apr 4, 2010
Battery seems to be better for me. Last few days by this time i was at 40%, Today at 60% with similar usage.. Now just fix the multi tasking and i'll wait a few for an unlock :)

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

This RUU or the VVM.apk i was talking about? a little confused here, maybe you quoted the wrong person. I'll still try to help ya though :)... Do you have usb debugging enabled in settings, developer options?

yes

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

i keep getting error code 170

dasfiend

Aug 6, 2010
Gurnee, IL
For those of us getting error 155 (I too had previously applied the rogers superpatch), what's the fix? Someone had it but no reply to a PM as of yet...

Gromet

Feb 17, 2006
Long Island
Can anyone confirm. Since loading this RUU that certain apps that I had loaded on my one x prior to this update will no longer load or show up in the app store. For example Newsday (a long island news paper) was installed and working fine just yesterday. As of flashing this when I choose it in my app list on Google Play it shows as "not compatible with this device". If I search for Newsday in the play store it doesn't even show up in a search on my One X now.

Anyone else?

..Gromet

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
Ok mr call center and you work for att? If vvm isn't enabled on your plan it won't work. It doesn't matter if the rom has vvm, you still have to call and make sure its on the plan. Mine was "5gb data no visual voice mail'..why they chose that option during setup gets me... I have the vvm apk, not the att messages app, got it from vivid forum. Had to call myself to have it activated. I hope you don't answer if I have an important question... :p

They could have the systems automatically switch the plan, nor can I look at my own account because I would get fired. I'm in cancellation and ny business care, so doubt you would have a chance to reach me lol

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Build prop change didn't work. What did was putting the phone into fastboot and then plugging it in and starting the ruu.

Be patient it took a long time for me.

Reactions: dasfiend

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is this?
    The following is an update AT&T RUU for the HTC One X. This will be valuable if you're trying to restore your device from a soft-brick. It does include a fix for the WiFi problems. Other notes: root still works and its noticeably smoother/faster.
    • WiFi fix
    • Root still works
    • Smoother / better performance

Thanks to our anonymous source!
    none of these problems people are having are issues with the RUU.

bad battery life, apps not showing up, phone getting hot... it's all things that individuals are doing, in addition to upgrading the RUU.

many people have confirmed that this update makes the phone much better, and i can attest to that. if you're having issues, re-evaluate your individual circumstances - apps you've installed, the way you installed the RUU (did you have other processes running on your PC while you were installing? while you were downloading the file?), whether you have wakelocks, whether you cleared your data, faulty hardware, etc.

if you download the RUU properly, and install it properly - unless your hardware is just messed up, or you do something that i mentioned above - your phone WILL be better off after the update.
    Does this update can be rooted with current method?

Any info about the boot loader?

Thanks for sharing

lol this isnt even out officially yet, very nice!
    I had root on the stock release and then ran this and lost root. The rooting tool won't work on this now. Any suggestions/ideas?

Root tool works fine. Make sure HTC sync is NOT running in the system tray.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA