[Theme][Apk's] Raidermans Compilation

Search This thread

Raiderman

May 27, 2010
Nampa, ID USA
Having a locked boot loader sucks! I could put everything into a flashable zip, but I bet there would be even more problems. Remember to put apk's in the root of system first, change permissions, then move to the appropriate app or framework folder.

Play with the odex files by renaming them with .bak, if you are getting force closes. Some work fine with nothing done to them, others require it.

Last edited:

Brandonrz

Apr 20, 2011
Reno
Having a locked boot loader sucks! I could put everything into a flashable zip, but I bet there would be even more problems. Remember to put apk's in the root of system first, change permissions, then move to the appropriate app or framework folder.

Play with the odex files by renaming them with .bak, if you are getting force closes. Some work fine with nothing done to them, others require it.

Just wondering what problems. There are a couple of flashable themes & roms. Can't you just create a normal flashable zip.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

wiser212

Jun 25, 2007
This is awesome. Now the Note 3 is just like a custom ROM with this, xposed and all the various modules.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D150shorty

Feb 15, 2011
Springfield
Gallery is not working. Doesn't even acknowledge it exists after I switch them out..?? Additionally, the apk file does not display the proper icon..could be related? Downloaded twice to verify, same result :)

Sent from a tweaked out G-Note3

Last edited:

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Gallery is not working. Doesn't even acknowledge it exists after I switch them out..?? Additionally, the apk file does not display the proper icon..could be related? Downloaded twice to verify, same result :)

Sent from a tweaked out G-Note3

Same here. The icon means somethings wrong

D150shorty

Feb 15, 2011
Springfield
FYI...The framework-res.apk was a PAIN in the....how I finally got it (after 2 Odin re flashes lol): move new file to /system. Change permissions. Copy new file to /system/framework. Overwrite. Give it a minute!! It needs to settle! If it didn't crash and reboot just give it time. A bunch of stuff will force close. After it stabilizes wipe dalvik chache!! Reboot. Should be good! Hope this helps...

In addition here are some tips on the other apks:
1-secPhone and secContacts: odex file for both must be changed to .bak. Contacts have to be synced in accounts or contacts will crash.
2-systemUI: move file to system, fix permissions, copy to /system/apps, overwrite, do NOT rename odex file, wipe dalvik cache, reboot
3-secMms: rename odex file
4-SamsungIME (keyboard): don't rename odex file. After replacing you will need to re select Samsung keyboard as default
5-secSettings: don't rename odex file
6-ClockPackage: don't rename odex file
7-FlashBarService (multiwindow): don't rename odex file
8-secLauncher3: correct permissions and add it to system/apps, change secLauncher4.apk to .bak and change secLauncher4.apk odex as well
9-JobManager (Task Manager): don't rename odex file
10-keyguardsplannerwidget (lock screen apprearance): don't rename odex file
11-secEmail_J: don't rename odex file
12-SecGallery2013: don't rename odex file

And of course all the apks go in /system/apps except framework-res.apk. All files should be corrected for permissions.

Note: currently, attempting to change lock screen wallpapers causes Touchwiz home to crash.

... thanks Raiderman...you are awesome :)

Last edited:
Reactions: drwario

533y4

Dec 1, 2010
Does anyone else have a bunch of non-sense garrbled text in the new settings APK? Like when I go intot accounts to manually sync everything, everything just says 4G Settings and that's it. The "Sync" button says Samsung Hub. Then when you press it it says Sync Account?. In the menu before that (In google account), the button at the button says %s for Social Hub... And the whole settings APK is like that... Anyone else?

[{EDIT}]

The Gallery has a bad Parsing... Bad checksum or upload entirely?

Last edited:

D150shorty

Feb 15, 2011
Springfield
Ok so I identified the culprit of lock screen wallpaper crash to be SecLauncher3.apk. When trying to change lockscreen wallpaper Touchwiz becomes super unhappy...any ideas? Or am I missing something?

EDIT:
So I made the observation that whenever I try, I get a notification stating that an app has been stopped from making and unauthorized attempt to access the system...could this be the problem?
Sent from a tweaked out G-Note 3

Last edited:

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
FYI...The framework-res.apk was a PAIN in the....how I finally got it (after 2 Odin re flashes lol): move new file to /system. Change permissions. Copy new file to /system/framework. Overwrite. Give it a minute!! It needs to settle! If it didn't crash and reboot just give it time. A bunch of stuff will force close. After it stabilizes wipe dalvik chache!! Reboot. Should be good! Hope this helps...

When I tried this, I bootlooped. If I let it stabilize too long it would fc everything to the point that I couldn't open anything in the app drawer to clear the dalvik cache. I tried a factory reset from recovery and still stuck in bootloop. I've used Odin 50 times to many this week to try again though. ;)

Curtaz

Oct 20, 2013
secemail

I am curious if the email should be black in the backgrounds or if it is still white.
I open it is shows grey and then on the email it is white back ground.

curious

dreDrennon1

Jun 18, 2010
Nashville
So far the only thing I can't get to work is the messaging and framework. Res the messing messed up my phone to where Eben after I removed it and restored the original if I click on a message even in hangouts it forcecloses so I am having to use the at&t messages app

Raiderman

May 27, 2010
Nampa, ID USA
So far the only thing I can't get to work is the messaging and framework. Res the messing messed up my phone to where Eben after I removed it and restored the original if I click on a message even in hangouts it forcecloses so I am having to use the at&t messages app

I had to rename the odex file for the mms to work, to .bak

Raiderman

May 27, 2010
Nampa, ID USA
Does anyone else have a bunch of non-sense garrbled text in the new settings APK? Like when I go intot accounts to manually sync everything, everything just says 4G Settings and that's it. The "Sync" button says Samsung Hub. Then when you press it it says Sync Account?. In the menu before that (In google account), the button at the button says %s for Social Hub... And the whole settings APK is like that... Anyone else?

[{EDIT}]

The Gallery has a bad Parsing... Bad checksum or upload entirely?

I do not have any of those issues you described?? Anyone else? confirm?

Top Liked Posts