SOLUTION FOUND -CID/sim UNLOCKING FOR WIZARD WITH AKU2 ROMS.

did it cid unlock work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

manzana

Apr 10, 2006
Problems with the downgrade EOM

I tried this old rom but stop at 98%, Qtek stay like this but the computer continu to 99 and close the program after about 30min !! :cry:
And now I have nothing, just a screen with color straps and 2 small texts :
IPL 1.03
SPL 1.03.0000

And that's it, nothing else. Hard reset make nothing :cry:

What can I do ?

I have a french SPV and I found on the ftp a save with all files and cab saved and upload by M@ster, how can I put it on my SD to boot on it and repair all things ??

Thanks very much, I have some to seek enough on all the forums for nothing and shame on me to have wanted to precipitate me on theses upgrade !!

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Re: Problems with the downgrade EOM

manzana said:
I tried this old rom but stop at 98%, Qtek stay like this but the computer continu to 99 and close the program after about 30min !! :cry:
IPL 1.03
SPL 1.03.0000

What can I do ?

I have a french SPV and I found on the ftp a save with all files and cab saved and upload by M@ster, how can I put it on my SD to boot on it and repair all things ??

Thanks very much, I have some to seek enough on all the forums for nothing and shame on me to have wanted to precipitate me on theses upgrade !!
try again sometimes takes over an hour depends in the speed of your pc
just leave it there it will finish even if it takes all nite. very importante; make sure there is no programs runing and do not open any programs especialy microsoft word.

roriii

Jan 28, 2006
i did unlock cid it start with 1%and stop give 326 error nbf file something like this only when i try to upgrade to 2.17qtk or kjam 2.16 original sof
i try to upgrade to 838 dopod start to 95 %and stop and 326 error message .

pmuiesan

Mar 17, 2006
SIM unlock

Yes I have taken the SIM card off when trying.
By chance I did CID unlock which worked beautifully and then installed the 2.17 Qtech Rom. If I try to sim unlock now it wont do it. I will try to send you the error if I manage to print the screen.

Thank you

Paolo

faria

roriii said:
i did unlock cid it start with 1%and stop give 326 error nbf file something like this only when i try to upgrade to 2.17qtk or kjam 2.16 original sof
i try to upgrade to 838 dopod start to 95 %and stop and 326 error message .
close all programs in your pc turn of all antivirus software an desable all firewalls,

2-if it does not wpork try to do the upgrade on anothet pc

3-search for error 326 i this forum or try google.

faria

Re: SIM unlock

pmuiesan said:
Yes I have taken the SIM card off when trying.
By chance I did CID unlock which worked beautifully and then installed the 2.17 Qtech Rom. If I try to sim unlock now it wont do it. I will try to send you the error if I manage to print the screen.

Thank you

Paolo
i cannot coment i the sim unlock problem since my 2 wizards are factory unlocked you should folow the lokiwiz tread,after all my instrucions are only to cid unlock and you have achived that.

maybe you need to go back to an old rom to unlock sim...just an idea...

faria

Re: Problems with the downgrade EOM

manzana said:
IPL 1.03
SPL 1.03.0000

What can I do ?

read above about antivirus and firewalls redownload the rom reisntall the rom,
search the forum [sd card backup/restore] on wizard section

as for for you funny :!: coment did anyone put a gun to your head before doing the above? everything in this forum is at you own riskgood luck

Edyhan

Apr 25, 2006
Ny
Hi everyone,
I can see that i came to the masters forum about this problem.
I have no idea about the developing but I have a problem;unlocking the sim on cingular 8125(htc wizard) so i can use it overseas.

I just got this ppc from cingular this week I am so happy with it :D and next month I'm going to Turkey for about 6 months and I want to use this phone there with there operators.But it's locked.And they can't unlock it there since this is not a common phone in Europe.

I tried to read most of the messages on this thread.And got the main idea.
I should downgrade the rom and then unlock it and upgrade it again.(Still have no idea about CID:)LOL)

But the downgrading work is a little complicated for me could any of you guys can explain this in an easier way?Or any tips

faria

Edyhan said:
Hi everyone,
I can see that i came to the masters forum about this problem.
I have no idea about the developing but I have a problem;unlocking the sim on cingular 8125(htc wizard) so i can use it overseas.

I just got this ppc from cingular this week I am so happy with it :D and next month I'm going to Turkey for about 6 months and I want to use this phone there with there operators.But it's locked.And they can't unlock it there since this is not a common phone in Europe.

I tried to read most of the messages on this thread.And got the main idea.
I should downgrade the rom and then unlock it and upgrade it again.(Still have no idea about CID:)LOL)

But the downgrading work is a little complicated for me could any of you guys can explain this in an easier way?Or any tips
FIRST.... WHAT ROM VERSION HAVE YOU GOT IN YOUR PPC?

andrew_sh

Feb 22, 2005
faria, The romupdateutility.exe from maimach works great on the Prophet for updating ROMS, but does not work for downgrading them. I want to downgrade the ROM so I can CID unlock it, and then revert to a newer one.
When trying to downgrade, it reaches 1% and exits with message "INVALID COMMAND" which I think is the bootloader not accepting the older rom.
Could you please tell me what steps where taken to create a custom ROM for the wizard, so I can do the same for the prophet?
Thanks

andrew_sh

Feb 22, 2005
andrew_sh said:
faria, The romupdateutility.exe from maimach works great on the Prophet for updating ROMS, but does not work for downgrading them. I want to downgrade the ROM so I can CID unlock it, and then revert to a newer one.
When trying to downgrade, it reaches 1% and exits with message "INVALID COMMAND" which I think is the bootloader not accepting the older rom.
Could you please tell me what steps where taken to create a custom ROM for the wizard, so I can do the same for the prophet?
Thanks
Noone knows?
Who is the creator of the custom rom made for the wizard?

faria

andrew_sh said:
andrew_sh said:
Thanks
Noone knows?
Who is the creator of the custom rom made for the wizard?
SOMEONE CALLED BUTTON...

iainmann

Apr 23, 2006
UK
Thanks Faria...this worked perfectly on my updated XDA Mini S so I now have the latest I-Mate rom.
Your a star

Iomega01

Apr 14, 2006
Re: SOLUTION FOUND -CID/sim UNLOCKING FOR WIZARD WITH AKU2 R

faria said:
THIS FOR THE FOLOWING DEVICES;Qtek 9100, I-mate K-JAM, MDA Vario, Orange SPV M3000, O2 XDA Mini S, Dopod 838, Cingular 8125
also this steps can be used to simply downgrade to any room.
I as most people with a WIZARD with the AKU2 ROM FOUND out that it cannot be cid unlock with LOKiWIZ tool, You will get the following;{ERROR:ITWriteDisk-an internal error occurred}.
. that is till now.
downgrade rom here ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.co...TOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
Note- this steps is for unlocking the cid of the wizard with AKU2 ROM.
IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER ROM PLEASE FOLOW THE LOKIWIZ THREAD; http://xdaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=33796

HOW TO CID. UNLOCK ALL WIZARD VARIANTS ( THAT HAVE THE LATEST ROM BUILD )
First download CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE. Rom from the ftp site from the above link, unpack it and just click the ROMUpdateUtility_Wizard_NoID.exe to start downgrading. Simply follow the prompts.
After the rom are loaded go thru the initial setup as you would with any rom .
Now download the (Lokiwiz02b) from HERE;
http://xdaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=33796
and follow the instructions .do not forget to copy the. cab file(enable rapi) to your device and run it before running Lokiwiz.
Now run lockiwiz and unlock your machine, your machine will reboot itself.
That’s it your wizard is unlocked.
Now simply upgrade to any rom ,you want.

Question: If i CID unlock and SIM unlock my phone (after installing Custom 1.5 WWE ROM) and then i install latest AKU2 I-mate Italian rom, will the SIM unlock (and CID one too) be preserved?
Answer: I can confirm that THAT UPGRADING TO THE LATEST AKU2 ROM THE WIZARD REMAINS CID UNLOCKED.

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE AUTHOR OF THE ABOVE COOKED ROM ALSO TO MACHINAGOD FOR THE LOKIWIZ TOOL AND JONINLA FOR FINDING THE DOWNGRADE ROM, MOLSKI FOR IS INPUT AND EVERYONE THAT CONTRIBUITED TO THE CAUSE.

edit-do not try to downgrade using an older wizard rom other than the one posted above it will not work
also this {how to} is for the htc wizard only it may work with other devices but i dont know, so if you turn you device other than the wizard into a brick do not blame me.use it at your own risk
if you device is from a operator like: 02,orange etc... you will void your garanty unlocking CID.
ENJOY;
JOSE FARIA.major update
you can use the steps above to unlock simlock

Just finished reading through all the pages. I got a couple questions which I hope will clear up any misinformation I getting.

I have a Cingular 8125 and have upgraded to a ROM with AKU2. I never did a CID unlock so I'm wanting to do it now. From my understanding, I need to install the Custom ROM (in the link above). Correct? After that I use the lokiwiz to do the CID unlock.

If those steps are correct, what is the information on "ROMUpdateUtility_Wizard_NoID.exe" about?

Thanks in advance.

did work with me llol cheers Faria you are the best

I did what you said!! Did work with me!! My Qtek 9100 is SIM unlocked lllol
First i installed the old ROM downgrade 1.5 version with splash image of the beer lolol in my Qtek 9100 wizard, then used LokiWiz of machinagod software, Unlocked Sim Locker,
Then since i´m portuguese i installed newest ROM AKU-2 version 2.18.7.2 PTG, Date of ROM 2/15/06, with radio version 02.19.11 sended by Faria

And that´s it!! i introduced other SIM card TMN network in my Wizard Qtek 9100 e and now it work lllol perfect

Many thanks to Faria and Machinagod you are the best
cheers

It´s so esay

Ya So esay in 20 minutos you do it the process. the newest AKU2 ROMs comes with locked disk writting protecttion that´s why we cannot unlock the phone, so it´s necessary to downgrade Rom for Rom version under version 2, so that why you are able to unlock the SIM lock and CID lock :lol: .

OK

Regards :twisted:

moghisi101

Mar 4, 2005
When I try to downgrade I get 'error 300: invalid update tool'

It tells me to get newer update utility?! Is my bootloader too new for this?? v2.21.0001?

I kinda get the feeling this method does not work on newer devices. I may be wrong

Thanks

sim1

May 11, 2005
As far as I know, if the CID still locked, there is no way to make downgrade, so I try many time already, my Minis with SPL version 2.21.0001, and it is not allow to grade. Did the guy test it before? It is totally not working!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    warnning; does not work with g4 wizards!!!!!

this steps are to cid unlock and also to unlock sim in the folowing devices; qtek 9100, i-mate k-jam, mda vario, orange spv m3000, o2 xda mini s, dopod 838, Cingular 8125
    first; you must make a full backup of you wizard before doing this , I personally use [wizBackup.exe] posted below for my backups and restores. This is not mandatory but could save an enormous amount of trouble.

I as most people with a wizard with the aku2 rom found out that it cannot be cid unlock with lokiwiz tool, you will get the following;{error:itwritedisk-an internal error occurred}.
    . that is till now.
    downgrade rom here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7696581/htc%20wizard/CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
    note- this steps is for unlocking the cid of the wizard with aku2 rom.

how to cid. unlock all wizard variants ( that have the latest rom build )
    first download custom__ruu_wizard_1050412_wwe_101_11210_wwe. rom from the ftp site from the above link, unpack it and just click the romupdateutility_wizard_noid.exe to start downgrading. Simply follow the prompts.
    after the rom are loaded go thru the initial setup as you would with any rom.
    now download the (lokiwiz02b) from here;
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7696581/htc wizard/CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
    Make sure you unzip lokiwiz to the root o the c: drive.
    please copy the whole lokiwiz folder to the root of the drive,not the contentents of the folder!!!!!
    and follow the instructions .do not forget to copy the cab file(enable rapi) to your device and run it before running lokiwiz.
    Now run lockiwiz and unlock your machine, your machine will reboot itself. if yoy see an eroot while unlocking that says;
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    CopyFileToTFFS(cidunlocked.bin:0, 0, 00010000)
    ERROR: ITWriteDisk - An internal error occurred.

this means that you device not been unloked......try again............
    .................................................................................................................................................................................

That’s it your wizard is unlocked. Make sure yew keep the [lock_backup.bin] in a safe place you may need it for guaranty purposes.
    Now flash the latest aku2 rom from your provider.- [very important,to avoid future problems wit rom updates]
    then u can flash any rom you want.
    question: if i cid unlock and sim unlock my phone (after installing custom 1.5 wwe rom) and then i install latest aku2 i-mate italian rom, will the sim unlock (and cid one too) be preserved?
    Answer: i can confirm that that upgrading to the latest aku2 rom the wizard remains cid unlocked.

Special thanks to the author of the above cooked rom [button] also to machinagod for the lokiwiz tool and joninla for finding the downgrade rom, molski for is input and everyone that contributed to the cause.
    do not try to downgrade using an older wizard rom other than the one posted above it will not work
    also this {how to} is for the htc wizard only it may work with other devices but i don’t know, so if you turn you device into a brick do not blame me. use it at your own risk
    if you device is from a operator like: 02, orange etc... You will void your guaranty unlocking cid, but don’t despair, if you keep the [lock_backup.bin] file that the lockiz tool generated you can restore cid to factory default.

this proccess only needs to be done once in the wizards lifetime.
    Enjoy;
    Jose faria.

donate if you like my work
    hdubli said:
    Did anyone try Typhoon nbf tool..it removes the CID and saves the rom for flashing..simply.... :lol:

Are you sure? How did you use this for the Wizard, and did it work with the new 2.2 ROMs?