128 Gb microsd card released

Search This thread

cloud71

Jan 31, 2012
apostolic.dowagiaclighthouse.com
Hi, I'd like to know if Android apps and HD gaming running from a microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 card are faster, slower or same speed/rate as the internal storage on the Tab Pro 8.4? Any lag when playing 3-D HD games from the mSD card? Noobie questions, but I need to know. :p

Amazon.com has the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 priced at $369.00 right now, sadly, still $120 short. I want this tab bad, lol.

Thanks for any helpful reply.

Figures that right after I paid 399 plus tax for my 8.4 at wally world that Amazon would have it cheaper, o well LOL

Sent from the Galaxy TabPro 8.4 aboard the StarShip Enterprise

rocer

Feb 5, 2012
Today's Amazon's Gold deal of the day is on Kingston memory cards. They have Kingston 128gb class 10 for $64.99

DaPoets

Jul 10, 2007
Beverly Hills, CA
Just flew from L.A. to Buffalo NY and the Tab Pro 8.4 lasted the trip watching 720p movies w/ MX Player Pro. Most were MKV files so audio wasn't there w/ all other apps except MX Player Pro.... But my meaning for the post is that I have a 32gb card in there and was mostly full. I watched around 6 hours of stuff and only got through a small portion of what's on the card. For me 128gb is overkill, but I may take my 64gb out of my Note 2 and put it in the tab pro 8.4.

Reactions: seventhworl

seventhworl

Apr 20, 2013
Sounds good, but 32 is definitely to small, 64 would be ok, but I need bigger card to store instructional videos for work,
that way I was wondering will 128 card work with tab pro?

cyberchief

Mar 21, 2011
Sounds good, but 32 is definitely to small, 64 would be ok, but I need bigger card to store instructional videos for work,
that way I was wondering will 128 card work with tab pro?

I have the 128 Sandisk micro SD card in my 8.4 pro. Works just fine. After format, there is 119 gigs available. I have my entire music collection as well as around 35 HD movies on it. Playback seems just fine.

Hyperm1k3

Jan 26, 2015
had problems with three different cards

i bought three different cards from ebay and they were all the sandisk SDXC 128gb card and they all acted like they did not transfer at good speeds i know its not my tablet im guessing i got three bad cards or counterfeit cards. right now im waiting to see about the samsung evo 128gb card what do you think it will come from amazon im just trying to get a better card to up it from the 64gb. let me know what you think about getting it from amazon.

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I have a 128gb scan disc card from Amazon and it works awesome. Been using it for months fast enough to play games of it. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unable to use with this device, though, right(I have the 8.4)? It only accepts cards up to 64gb.

Edit: it only SEES cards up to 64gb.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Nope it will support it, it says up to 64gb because that is all that was available at the time of release.
    Nope it will support it, it says up to 64gb because that is all that was available at the time of release.

Possibly the most awesome geek info I've received in a long time. :)

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    I just price matched mine over the phone with Best Buy. $127.33 was my total and I get it next week.

UPDATE: Shipping was really fast. I guess they sent it over night. Works great on my 8.4!

IMG_20140307_145257.jpg

IMG_20140307_151031.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    i was under the impression that this tab can handle 128gb... We shall see... I will report back when I get it

It can. Works perfectly with mine. I posted pictures earlier in this thread.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I've got a question for people. How are you using your sd card. I usually only have it in my tab 7.7 so I can download movies and TV shows direct onto my sd card, yet I'm finding now that with changes in 4.4 that it doesn't work like before. Is everyone just downloading on their computer and transferring it to the sd card? I find that a pain since I've not had to do that for years.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The latest update 4.4, Google has restricted application write permissions so things like writing to extsdcard has changed.

I read this method in a Galaxy note 3 thread. You need to be rooted for this. (try this at ur own risk. I'm not responsible for anything that happens)*
    Using a file Explorer app navigate to system/etc/permission and look for a platform.xml file. Make sure to make a backup of this file. Make sure ur in write mode and open the file in text editor. Scroll down to this

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
    ******* <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    ******* <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
    ******* <group gid="media_rw" />********* <-- add in this line, save, and reboot
    *** </permission>

This should now allow you to write to your card and not have to hook it up to a computer all the time. I've been able to download torrents after this.

i was under the impression that this tab can handle 128gb... We shall see... I will report back when I get it

3DSammy noticed that you said 128 SD card, not microSD. It will take a 128 microSD in its native slot. To use a plain SD card, you'd need OTG cables and adapters.

Did you mean this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA33C1DU4105?
    Pretty weird ad: picture doesn't seem marked properly, text is same as this weirder no-name ad from the same third-party seller: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA33C11J0872

Please let us know if legit.. great price for an actual microSD 128.