[Q] Extremely Weak Haptic (Vibration) on Touch Elements

Search This thread

hidea

Hey guys,

I've recently swapped my Z2, from a carrier locked; to one that's unlocked from Sony. Trouble is, the unlocked Z2 seems to be defective. The haptic feedback is super weak, to a point I can't tell if the motor is working. The thing is, if I perform a repeated action, such as tapping the back button (furiously), the vibration motor will then pick up momentum and start to vibrate properly. I've compared the two Z2, and the other Z2 (locked one) is performing as "expected".

So far, I've two areas/actions that are lacking in haptic feedback; typing on the stock keyboard (even though I've set the vibration duration to the default level), and the navbar buttons (back/home/recent) give a very very faint feedback.

I've ran several tests, including the ones from the service menu; and those worked wonderfully; the device would just vibrate right away. The device also has no problem vibrating when receiving phone calls or texts.

Just how many different vibration motors are in the phone? What could be causing weak haptic feedback?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
in the Z2 there is 1 viabrate motor to my knowlage,

it seems your device is defective and id recomend you try to get a replacement

the exact problem seems like the motor is stiff, or over magnitised of sorts

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Blade1000rr

Jun 19, 2011
Dublin
Hey guys,

I've recently swapped my Z2, from a carrier locked; to one that's unlocked from Sony. Trouble is, the unlocked Z2 seems to be defective. The haptic feedback is super weak, to a point I can't tell if the motor is working. The thing is, if I perform a repeated action, such as tapping the back button (furiously), the vibration motor will then pick up momentum and start to vibrate properly. I've compared the two Z2, and the other Z2 (locked one) is performing as "expected".

So far, I've two areas/actions that are lacking in haptic feedback; typing on the stock keyboard (even though I've set the vibration duration to the default level), and the navbar buttons (back/home/recent) give a very very faint feedback.

I've ran several tests, including the ones from the service menu; and those worked wonderfully; the device would just vibrate right away. The device also has no problem vibrating when receiving phone calls or texts.

Just how many different vibration motors are in the phone? What could be causing weak haptic feedback?

I have exactly the same problem with my UK unbranded Z2..Haptic feedback works perfectly on all diagnostic tests, phone ringer, notifications and alarms, but only intermittently with stock keyboard, Swiftkey and home buttons.
I think its a software problem, I'm going to flash the .402 German firmware later today to see if that cures the problem...If not it's going back to Amazon.

Blade1000rr

Jun 19, 2011
Dublin
Hey guys,

I just flashed the .402 German firmware and also did a 'repair my device' in PC Companion before flashing, and the haptic feedback is still weak, not functioning properly and erratic. Must be a hardware issue.
I'm returning the phone for a replacement.