[Program] Updated: 8-5-10: 1 Click SimpleRoot OTA 1.47.651.1 Edition

Search This thread

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
sr.png

Automatic updates and create update patches with wyBuild.

If you amazingly got your EVO with 2.2 or flashed it, theres no way to root 2.2 as of YET!!!

Credits

Requirements

How-To

• Click on Step 1 and you have Root!
  • Click on Step 2 to flash recovery! You must flash a ROM manually after rooting!!! For whatever reason it is, ROM Manager does not operate correctly after the downgrade.
  • Remove all the file not need after you've completed all the step by clicking Extras > Clean root-files

VIDEO

Download

Last edited:

vballboarder

Jun 10, 2010
After I just finished a few hours ago reading every post in the other thread and following all those steps!

Way to go, jiqqaman! This will help out quite a few folks on here.

car_lost

Feb 22, 2007
Awesome. I rooted my phone earlier (at least I think I did) and I can't get any rom to install. I think it has to do with the amon-ra recovery so I'm glad this will let me choose.

Does it matter that my evo may already be rooted?

rjmjr69

Dec 11, 2008
Southie
Wow Amazing if this works I like very much. Great work put up a more prominent donation button

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
so this will root a phone that did the 6/29 OTA? just by following these steps?

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
also jigga, i noticed the first step is a factory reset. is there any way to back up any of my apps and/or data before doing this considering i dont have root privileges at the moment.

erball

Jun 28, 2010
Will this do full NAND unlock?
Sorry if that is a noob question.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
Jiggaman, you are DA MAN! BTW, check your PM. =)
Will do...

also jigga, i noticed the first step is a factory reset. is there any way to back up any of my apps and/or data before doing this considering i dont have root privileges at the moment.

Its alittle more difficult to do without TitaniumBackup which requires root... you might wanna checkout MyBackup on the market see if it works or not...

Will this do full NAND unlock?
Sorry if that is a noob question.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Yes

Still working on a couple more bugs :( , should be uploading real soon...

bluedawgalex

Jul 7, 2008
wow this looks easy.. quick question.. do i have to update to 1.47 first? or does this do it autmomatically?

im running stock and just ran unrevoked for the wireless tether..

i know these are noob questions but people are reporting great battery life on the new update and i wanted to update but dont wanna lose my tether..

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
wow this looks easy.. quick question.. do i have to update to 1.47 first? or does this do it autmomatically?

im running stock and just ran unrevoked for the wireless tether..

i know these are noob questions but people are reporting great battery life on the new update and i wanted to update but dont wanna lose my tether..

I dunno anything bout unrevoked :confused: , but this doesnt give you the latest radio/wimax that the 1.47.651.1 OTA has. Theres a guide that shows you how to add the latest radio/wimax somewhere on the forum.

DocPeanut

Jun 6, 2010
I'm using this as my very first post here.

On my old evo I used simple root and it was amazing! I had to return the old evo and get a new one, and as luck would have it it came with the new update.

I can't wait for this new simple root to be uploaded, I keep checking this thread every 5 minutes.

Anyway, one this program is up, running and working I assure you I will be clicking the donate button.

Thank you for the work and effort you are putting into this.

bluedawgalex

Jul 7, 2008
I dunno anything bout unrevoked :confused: , but this doesnt give you the latest radio/wimax that the 1.47.651.1 OTA has. Theres a guide that shows you how to add the latest radio/wimax somewhere on the forum.

well unrevoked basically let you do anything root would except remove bloatware and flash roms

cuz what i was planning to do was install the update directly from my phone and then root with this method .. if i do that will my phone have the latest radio wimax added on to it already? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys- stupid post but I did it so maybe others are.

In step one when the command prompt turns red make sure to follow the directions and reset the data on your phone. To do this go to settings>privacy>reset

If you do not do this step 3 will not complete.

How do you know if Step 3 completed? Did it tell you to refresh the browser on your phone and then press any button on your computer? If not restart from the beginning.

If you do have to restart delete the 6 files on your sd card that the hack created.
    Is there an update than can be used with froyo? I'm a complete noob when it comes to rooting and flashing roms on android

Android version 2.2
    Baseband version 2.15.00.11.19
    Build number 3.70.651.1 CL294884 release-keys
    Software number 3.70.651.1

If you've still got froyo (2.2), with your "noob" status, you'd probably be better off using unrevoked3... it's one click... just follow all instructions to a "t" and you'll be rooted in no time

Edit: here is a link to the unrevoked3 thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=787304

Tower, this is SkyRaider requesting a fly-by...