Samsung SGH-i600 Home Screen Carousel/Card Wheel Plug-In

Search This thread

indiekiduk

Jul 8, 2005
How can i do this?
And, of course it would be more useful to have this from unbranded i600...

Yes remember sausalito's i600 doesnt have carousel working.

I think we should try to tear apart "I600XXGC6_fix_phone_flashing_problem.rar" at :
http://rapidshare.com/users/168UZ1

I think that is a ROM with carousel working. We should also look for any Flash files in it in case it uses a different version from Flash Lite 2.1.

dstart

Aug 6, 2006
Worcestershire
http://rapidshare.com/files/24655843/i600XXGA2.zip

I've just managed to flash my Italian (TIM) i600 (i600AIGB1) with i600XXGA2. It works perfect and has the carousel :)

So here are the steps:

1. Execute the 'BJ3Open_Rev15_XXGA2.exe' file from your PC
(Please note, do not connect the device to the phone yet.)
2. Make sure the device is powered off and then connect to PC via USB cable.
3. Change the device to "Downloader mode" by holding down the power key, right side soft key (RSK) and the Camera key on the right hand side of your phone together.

downloadermodets2.jpg

4. Press the Start button on the 'BJ3Open_Rev15_XXGA2.exe' application, you'll see it run through some tests and start to transfer the ROM.
5. Wait until the process is done.
6. In case of failed downloading, you just need to re-flash again.

sausalito

Mar 2, 2007
Great! do you know what language are available?

And after that manipulation, is it possible to go back original version with a hard reset (if there'se troubles for example)?

Last edited:

dstart

Aug 6, 2006
Worcestershire

Alpha4

Dec 29, 2005
Can anyone help please?

I've got i600BUFL4 on my i600. It's a Spanish Vodafone branded model (now unlocked and running on O2 UK network).

Is this ROM more recent than i600XXGA2 ROM?

It does have all the files of the Carousel Home-screen app. But as with earlier posts it isn't selectable.

I'm still looking for a way to enable Carousel on my i600 rather than re-flash the device totally, so I'm following this thread closely :)

sausalito

Mar 2, 2007
A question to dstart :
Why did you choose i600XXGA2.zip than I600XXGC6_fix_phone_flashing_problem.rar ?

dstart

Aug 6, 2006
Worcestershire
I guess because the i600XXGA2 was easier to understand and the I600XXGC6_fix_phone_flashing_problem.rar contained an 'BLACKJACK3_OPEN_XXGC6_phone.bin' image. Blackjack is the US version of the i600 (i607).

I would too like to know what are the differences and which is the newer version. For now though, the i600XXGA2 is perfect. I've been running it for a good few hours now whilst cramming loads of software on it and putting under strain.

sausalito

Mar 2, 2007
I guess because the i600XXGA2 was easier to understand and the I600XXGC6_fix_phone_flashing_problem.rar contained an 'BLACKJACK3_OPEN_XXGC6_phone.bin' image. Blackjack is the US version of the i600 (i607).

I would too like to know what are the differences and which is the newer version. For now though, the i600XXGA2 is perfect. I've been running it for a good few hours now whilst cramming loads of software on it and putting under strain.

Anyway, i thougt like you since i realise that in i600XXGA2 the file called "BJ3open..." like "BlackJackopen..."

dstart

Aug 6, 2006
Worcestershire
Last edited:

indiekiduk

Jul 8, 2005
Seems a good way, anyone can help?

Had to give up on that and go back to working from your raw file. I created all the required registry entries mentioned earlier, copied all the dlls mentioned in the reg entries to \windows. Put the homescreen in \application data\home. Copied every png from your dump into my \windows

And although now I can choose "Card Wheel" in the home screen settings I just get a blank white home screen. Same thing you mentioned earlier. I'm using ultraedit to look at strings in the carousel.dll to see if it needs any other files:

It mentions HomeScreen.dll which isn't in your dump. Perhaps this is the thing we need?

edit: I reckon when they built the dll it was called HomeScreen.dll then they renamed it to carousel.dll

Last edited:

Mashie

Feb 21, 2005
Well I got up this morning to continue working on my Blackjack jsut to find that my only XP had the motherboard go out on it last night. Looks like I have to wait a few days as it gets repaired since none of these updates work on Vista.... AUGH

liquidsg

Apr 24, 2006
to whoever flashed the blackjack (i607) with an i600 rom, this is slightly off topic but any twisted chance that the wifi works? have to ask considering all the conjecture about the possible "hidden" wifi radio in the cingular blackjacks.

Mashie

Feb 21, 2005
to whoever flashed the blackjack (i607) with an i600 rom, this is slightly off topic but any twisted chance that the wifi works? have to ask considering all the conjecture about the possible "hidden" wifi radio in the cingular blackjacks.

That is what I was hoping for, but no, none of the raidos work. This includes GSM, BT or WiFi.

dstart

Aug 6, 2006
Worcestershire
Ah yes.. So the real difference must be XXGA2 or XXGC6. Looking at it alphabetically, one could say that XXGC6 is the latest.

Edit: According to the guy who releases these images: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showpost.php?p=2378111&postcount=118

Ok, I've just re-flashed to the XXGC6 rom and everything is fine on my i600:) It is definately for the i600 as all the radios work. I don't know why label these ROMs with the Blackjack name because they aren't Blackjacks. I wonder what optimizations have been added to the XXGC6. If anyone knows?

dstart

Aug 6, 2006
Worcestershire
Ok, I've just re-flashed to the XXGC6 rom and everything is fine on my i600:) It is definately for the i600 as all the radios work. I don't know why label these ROMs with the Blackjack name because they aren't Blackjacks. I wonder what optimizations have been added to the XXGC6. If anyone knows?

Noticed a few things different.. First thing, it boots up for the first time in UK English and local settings unlike the XXGA2 ROM which first booted in Italian. The cardwheel is even smoother and when dialing in a number they've replaced the goofy 'Smartphone' name in the top right with Samsung.
Also the boot loader/flasher for XXGC6 is different in that it flashes everything. PDA version, Phone version and Eboot version to XXGC6.

I'll keep everyone posted in anything else I find..

Mashie

Feb 21, 2005
damn, sorry to hear.

no worries, as soon as I figure out how to get the computer to recognize this phone in bootloader mode, I am going to try and flash the ..Blackjack3.. phone radio from the file above and see if that gets the radios working.

IF that doesn't work, I want to flash to the recently released BJ update, then flash back only the PDA part of the above rom, so I should have the standard BJ radio installed and the i600 ROM installed.

I have it in my gut that it will work.

indiekiduk

Jul 8, 2005
Noticed a few things different.. First thing, it boots up for the first time in UK English and local settings unlike the XXGA2 ROM which first booted in Italian. The cardwheel is even smoother and when dialing in a number they've replaced the goofy 'Smartphone' name in the top right with Samsung.
Also the boot loader/flasher for XXGC6 is different in that it flashes everything. PDA version, Phone version and Eboot version to XXGC6.

I'll keep everyone posted in anything else I find..

We are still waiting on a ROM dump of XXGC6. Could you do it? All the info is earlier in this thread.