[Q] Has anyone seen SW ver 1.75?

Search This thread

nate2569

Mar 7, 2011
I just got a software update to 1.7.5??? I haven't seen it mentioned on forum.... Anyone else see this?

nate2569

Mar 7, 2011
NO... It's for sure "Version.4.1.75.MB860.ATT.en.US"......

Am I the only one??????????????

I re-flashed to 1.2.7 so I could re root the old way and when I checked for update it said 1.75......

Installed and working with root.

nate2569

Mar 7, 2011
Here is proof... Sorry for the poor photo quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,399

Schultz_91

Aug 24, 2010
NO... It's for sure "Version.4.1.75.MB860.ATT.en.US"......

Am I the only one??????????????

I re-flashed to 1.2.7 so I could re root the old way and when I checked for update it said 1.75......

Installed and working with root.

1.2.6? andd I saw the pic... question mark?

Also --- Android 2.2.2?

nate2569

Mar 7, 2011
OK. Now it gets even stranger. After updating to 1.7.5 (and retaining root) I checked for system updates again...... Guess what? It says that there is another update to 1.8.3..........????? WTF?

I am not going to update because I have root now and don't want to lose it. I have no idea how any of this happened or what it means......

nate2569

Mar 7, 2011
Maybe that's the hsupa update. You should do a speed test.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

I am in a horrible service area but will try tomorrow and post results. My test here showed no speed improvments. 2.4Mbps up and .9 Mbps down.

I am new to the android thing so this could have happened to someone that knows a little more of the inner workings but it is what it is....

knoshann

Mar 27, 2011
Weatherford
Just tried to update and it says no update needed. Im running gladiatrix though and don't know if that makes a difference

crashingout

Aug 1, 2008
I am in a horrible service area but will try tomorrow and post results. My test here showed no speed improvments. 2.4Mbps up and .9 Mbps down.

I am new to the android thing so this could have happened to someone that knows a little more of the inner workings but it is what it is....
Dude¡!!!!!!!!!! .9 mbps up is HSUPA BEING 3X FASTER THAN OUR .3 CAP FROM BEFORE! Updated modem methinks!

nate2569

Mar 7, 2011
Ok. I updated to 1.8.3 and did another speed test. 2.9Mbps down and 1.6Mbps up.

Itslate here and I have to work in the morning. I check more tomorrow.

PixoNova

Nov 28, 2010
Mine's up to date as well. WTF! Along with 2.2.2... No way. I think you're taking us for a ride lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a6890bfc-31e7-ce01.jpg

Is this better? Or is there something wrong with this one too?

you guys that are going to be doing the update remember to hide your root script and try to save root using the same method as the other update. heres how in case people didnt see it last time, here's the code using adb. remember to do this BEFORE you install the update!

based on what your scripts say, i too, just did it manually:

run this part before the update
    Code:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    cp /system/bin/su /osh/sbin/frozenfish
    chmod 06755 /osh/sbin/frozenfish

ran the update

Code:
    Code:
    adb shell
    /osh/sbin/frozenfish
    mount -o remount,rw /dev/mmcblk0p12 /system
    cp /osh/sbin/frozenfish /system/bin/su
    chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    mount -o remount,ro /dev/mmcblk0p12 /system

then i rebooted once for good measure. tested with titanium backup and running adb shell, su

also pls save the update for us that are not beta testers and not on ATT network and might not see this OTA update
    Do you know if we can use beforeupdate.bat & afterupdate.bat to retain root? I already receive the 1.75 firmware but I need root access to tun the hotspot app. I have an unblocked AT&T phone because I use it in México

I was able to retain root after the 1.7.5 update using that method.

Losing root doesn't cause you to lose changes you made while you had root. I know that from personal experience - for one, superuser app is still installed. For two, the notification tones I added to the internal /system folder with Root Explorer are still there and still work.

Finally, the test again button looks exactly like he showed it on my phone running the prior Speedtest app. I don't have two phones or a camera where I am and I have no screenshot app...If you can recommend me one I'll post a pic.

The issue is a change you make to the system when deodexed wouldn't stay, in fact the system would likely brick. --EDIT: This statement was proven wrong at least on the topic of the unit still being deodexed though my question would then be what program did he use to take the screenshot since all of them either need Root or USB debugging (that I know of feel free to prove me wrong) and no usb debugging icon was there

Also as a general idea to show how easy it is to fake said screenshot even if it is legitimate, I just ran a speedtest over wifi, then multitasked out to turn OFF wifi and went back to speedtest, and took a screenshot. Home internet is a DSL with a 512K upload. Speedtest reported 425, above HSDPA with HSUPA enabled.

A disclaimer, while I would like for this to be real, I highly doubt it. Think about it, why would AT&T unlock HSUPA on this device of all of them, then have 2 updates pushed? Highly unlikely.

Tackling the other aspect that this may be a developer device, then that even makes things more fishy, considering he wouldn't have AT&T firmware on a developer device it would only be Motorola Firmware. As you can see from
    a6890831-7e3a-46a2.jpg
    the unit is using AT&T firmware, no developer device would have such. Leading credence to my statements and a possible Build.prop edit. I also figured I would add in another screenshot of the speedtest app proving I gamed it.
    Ok. To all the non believers. I DID NOT PHOTOSHOP A THING.

Here are some screenshots.

Oh. And please do not ask to many technical questions because I will probably not know the answer.

I loaded the old software before 1.5.7 from the fourms. Rebooted. Then checked for update. Oh. I did make a new motoblur account.

a6890831-7e3a-46a2.jpg

a6890831-7de1-d6ea.jpg

Anyone notice the numbers in the results box is darker and more clearer than the rest?

Like the 1.80 in download looks a lot darker and the 1.59 in upload looks darker, also under mbits/sec the white numbers indicating 1.59 looks a lot clearer than the rest.