[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - toro - build 35

Search This thread
I dig the ROM and everything looks good on paper, but I'm getting crap battery life compared to stock. It's dropping incredibly fast. I lost about 40% in 45 minutes. Down to 33% in 5 hours with almost half the time on Airplane Mode...

Using Francos kernel.

Also, phone is getting much hotter than stock.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

ceredics

Jul 25, 2011
Toledo, Ohio
Mine dropping hard too
4cec5e10-2578-0c62.jpg

Sent from this GN on 4GLTE!

dudeimgeorge

Jul 26, 2010
NYC
Dude NO! That's wifi! U should be getting minimum after 7hrs 35%

Not good bro

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ceredics

Jul 25, 2011
Toledo, Ohio
I already calibrated it twice, first I just thought it was the lte but I guess not. No background processes and ram was freed up. It just dies crazy I don't know why. 4.0.2 had worse battery on stock, I remember that cause it was similar to this. Man I don't know what's going on but I'm doing a fresh install and calibration and if that fails I can't run this.

Sent from this GN on 4GLTE!

darkrangr

May 12, 2009
calendar is removed on install from 9 to 11. i installed 12 and 13 in hopes it would come back but no such luck. only way to get it back is to install the universal gapps. is it something im doing wrong or it just missing in the rom?

deidein

Sep 15, 2010
justreboot.wordpress.com
I'm using build 13 with franco kernel and not having anything like the problems you're having, and I themed/widgeted to the max. The only thing I may have done differerent is that I disabled Google+.

ArtnerC

Sep 15, 2011
Medford, OR
What kind of OC/power saver settings do you have? Also, any special/odd settings that might give you an edge?

I have tried numerous roms with included and Franco kernel and I'm getting some disappointing battery life with extended battery. Went 5 hours no use on wifi and dropped 20%. And when I get decent standby usage, any screen on time (in launcher or low complexity app) causes my battery to drop like a rock on very low brightness. My bionic with the crap ware disabled would maybe only lose a few % on wifi with no use and not destroy battery on light use. AOKP is supposed to have great life and I love everything except this unfortunate issue.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be absolutely appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

deyna

Dec 14, 2010
Hernando, MS
The wifi and connection strength icons in the status bar always stay grey for me. They're supposed to turn blue when you're connected to Google's services. I can check email, download apps, browse the net, etc but still they stay grey.

I've also noticed the Textplus doesn't seem to check for text messages in the background now. I have no restrictions on background data for any apps.

Is there a setting or tweak in this rom that would cause these symptoms?

[Edit] I'm on build 14 [/edit]

[Edit 2] fixed it [/edit 2]

Last edited:

jmartino5920

Feb 28, 2011
Bay Area
Running build 14 w/ Lean kernel 1.4 stable. Great ROM and everything seems to work perfectly...Wallet is killer. Waiting for my NFC tags. Question that may cone from overlooking the OP: Is Android Beam functioning? Haven't found a ROM where this function of NFC works...again, thanks for this ROM!

jmar

Nexus Prime

jTink010

Mar 22, 2011
Running build 14 w/ Lean kernel 1.4 stable. Great ROM and everything seems to work perfectly...Wallet is killer. Waiting for my NFC tags. Question that may cone from overlooking the OP: Is Android Beam functioning? Haven't found a ROM where this function of NFC works...again, thanks for this ROM!

jmar

Nexus Prime

Used Android Beam two days ago on build 13. Just flashed build 14 last night and haven't had a chance to try it again but I doubt it broke.

Reactions: jmartino5920

Xezuka

Sep 10, 2010
Columbus
Just flashed this and it's silky smooth. Can't wait to see how this + franco's kernel work together moving forward... looks great so far!

landykos

Jan 27, 2009
Broken Camera

Hey all,
Love this rom thanks for you hard work!

I flashed build 14 over 12 and now the stock camera app and camera fx are broken.

Stock camera loads acts like it is taking a picture but nothing is saved.

Is anyone else having this issue? On 12 everything was perfect.

Thanks,
Landykos

EDIT* A reboot seems to have fixed this.

Last edited:

notphilip

Nov 19, 2011
I also wanna say thanks for this awesome rom. The only thing I can ask for/suggest is airplane mode and flashlight to be added to the notification toggles.

This rom with franco's kernel has led to some kickass battery life. With 4g disabled, doing the open/close camera fix, and disabling location services, I am at 65% after 14 hours of usage (1 hour with screen on). I also want to note that my battery life improved a ton after disabling juicedefender for some reason (yet I get great results with JD on my HTC Flyer).

I am really happy with this phone now! I've thrown you $7 via paypal for a six-pack of beer.

Reactions: Romanbb

Top Liked Posts