Colors seem washed out, unsaturated

Search This thread

bubblebuddyi

Jul 3, 2008
Anybody else have the colors look a little washed out? I tried vivid and standard colors, but barely see a difference between the two. Maybe my S5 has just spoiled me.

Sent from OnePlus One

DualSportDad

Apr 29, 2010
Cape Coral, Fl.
I had the worst problem coming from a note 2 to a nexus 5. I put the nexus and the opo next to each other tonight and the displays look the same. Is just how a IPS display is.

Sent from my OnePlus One using TapaTalk

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
Try these settings. Looks pretty close to my GS5.
uploadfromtaptalk1408297298088.jpg

Cstephe

Nov 23, 2014
Sunlight adjustment

Anybody else have the colors look a little washed out? I tried vivid and standard colors, but barely see a difference between the two. Maybe my S5 has just spoiled me.

Sent from OnePlus One
When I have my brightness maxed out and the option to increase brightness in sunlight turned on I see this as well.

Blue Bomber

Apr 17, 2012
It's because most displays these days exceed the sRGB color space, and Android doesn't use color spaces, so colors are generally mapped to the full gamut of the phones' displays instead of trying to match sRGB. The OPO's color is actually VERY accurate compared to most phones out there (a major reason why I got it vs the Sony Z3). Just needs to warm up the white balance a bit.

Top Liked Posts