Wake up without power button !!

Search This thread

jasin91

Apr 12, 2013
Hello friends,
I've just found two good apps. There is no need to wake up our devices using power button !
I hope you love them.

Tap tap app
Wake all
Screen off and lock (widget)

You can find them easily on the Store !

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

tristaoeast

Jul 16, 2011
Lisboa
Even better app

I have been using this app (Gravity Screen On/Off) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree for quite a while and I must say it is the best app out there for waking/turning off your phone with the proximity sensor.

I had a problem with it which was every time I rebooted my phone I had to clear the app's data, but after flashing cm11 2nd of February nightly and iodak's kernel v9.9 this app has been working flawlessly for me, even with the phone in deep sleep mode.

So here's the tip for anyone looking for a more advanced/complete solution for waking up your phone with using your power button.

Just make sure you uncheck the option "Turn Screen On by Motion" to save your battery, as this options uses the gravity sensor to wake up your phone, and wastes a lot of battery. With that option off, this app concumes something as low as 0.5% of battery per hour, which is the consumption rate of the proximity sensor ;)

Mysterion1

Feb 9, 2013
I have been using this app (Gravity Screen On/Off) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree for quite a while and I must say it is the best app out there for waking/turning off your phone with the proximity sensor.

I had a problem with it which was every time I rebooted my phone I had to clear the app's data, but after flashing cm11 2nd of February nightly and iodak's kernel v9.9 this app has been working flawlessly for me, even with the phone in deep sleep mode.

So here's the tip for anyone looking for a more advanced/complete solution for waking up your phone with using your power button.

Just make sure you uncheck the option "Turn Screen On by Motion" to save your battery, as this options uses the gravity sensor to wake up your phone, and wastes a lot of battery. With that option off, this app concumes something as low as 0.5% of battery per hour, which is the consumption rate of the proximity sensor ;)

Hey, thanks for sharing this tip! :thumbup: I always wanted to have such a feature! It works great! I hope the battery consumption is really as low as you said (turn screen on by motion unchecked of course). I will test it more intensive during the next days. :cool:

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD

Stevic Milos

Feb 25, 2013
In my opinion Auto Screen On https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omd.autoscreenon is far better. It uses proximity sensor and all you have to do is double tap on sensor. You can set sleep time during which proximity sensor will be turned off. Also whan you take it out of pocket or case just swipe finger over sensor and the phone is ON.
Gravity screen gave me a lot of accidental screen turn ONs, but when i need it I have to shake it like an idiot. Maybe I haven't set configuration correnctly but i tried everything.

Reactions: Mysterion1

Mysterion1

Feb 9, 2013
Gravity Screen's battery consumption is for me 4%/hour (flight mode)... :confused:

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

In my opinion Auto Screen On https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omd.autoscreenon is far better. It uses proximity sensor and all you have to do is double tap on sensor. You can set sleep time during which proximity sensor will be turned off. Also whan you take it out of pocket or case just swipe finger over sensor and the phone is ON.
Gravity screen gave me a lot of accidental screen turn ONs, but when i need it I have to shake it like an idiot. Maybe I haven't set configuration correnctly but i tried everything.

Thanks, I'll try this, too.

CrazyWinner

Oct 29, 2012
Just install liquid smooth 3.0 or AOSB and enable lockscreen notifications. Working perfectly and it doesn't drain battery :)

luongvancanh

Nov 4, 2005
Mod volume wake up-rom stock root

Requires: room stock 4.1.2 and root
1. Tải file android.policy.jar that file was modified và dexopt-wrapper, after that unzip
http://lgviet.com/forum/attachments/android-policy-zip.18332/
2. Copy original file to /sdcard/mod/android.policy.jar, to keep for next step.
3. Copy new android.policy.jar to /system/framework/ , set permission to 644
4. Copy dexopt-wrapper to system/bin, set permission 755
5. Connect phone with computer by usb, choose mode only charge.
6. Run cmd and type commands following:
c:\adb\adb shell
su
dexopt-wrapper /system/framework/android.policy.jar /system/framework/patched_android.policy.odex /system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/framework2.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/apache-xml.jar:/system/framework/com.lge.core.jar
cp -f /sdcard/mod/android.policy.jar /system/framework
chmod 777 /system/framework/android.policy.odex
chmod 777 /system/framework/android.policy.jar
chmod 777 /system/framework/patched_android.policy.odex
busybox dd if=/system/framework/android.policy.odex of=/system/framework/patched_android.policy.odex bs=1 count=20 skip=52 seek=52 conv=notrunc
cp /system/framework/patched_android.policy.odex /system/framework/android.policy.odex
chmod 644 /system/framework/android.policy.odex
chown root.root /system/framework/android.policy.odex
rm /system/framework/patched_android.policy.odex
reboot

You can copy script and past into command windows.
After reboot, both volume buttons can active screen, instead of power button
Good luck

fredzen14

Feb 20, 2014
plus.google.com
Try NFC Unlocker for Xposed Module. Didnt notice any battery consumption taken. Plus, it makes live easier especially when you want to unlock your phone while driving.?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

jnivard

Jul 13, 2015
Hai
My name is John, my brother is disabled and is using a special mouth controled usb mouse for his mobile phone. (Samsung S6).
The problem is now that we like a method to wake up the device using the mouse.

I use now a app that is prefenting the device to go to deep sleep, but that is a problem with the battery power use. Do you have any suggestion how I can solve this for my brother.

I think that one way of doing it is updating the device configuration file for the mouse. I am able to program app's but have no experiace in updating this system files.

Is it posible to program a app to solve this and have you any suggestions in what way I have to do that.
The Samsung S6 has a hard button

Greating John

Joh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends,
    I've just found two good apps. There is no need to wake up our devices using power button !
    I hope you love them.

Tap tap app
    Wake all
    Screen off and lock (widget)

You can find them easily on the Store !

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    Even better app