Originally Posted by SaintZ93
Okay I finally got it connected, needed a different data cable. Now do you think you could explain to me how to root better, the video is old and a bit confusing. What do I have to choose for the FC09 the MTD or BML, could you or anyone give me like a small step by step please!
- Power down device
- Open keyboard, press and hold both the 1 key and power button. This places the phone into download mode.
- Plug the device into your computer, and most likely drivers will install. Allow that to finish before proceeding.
- Within Odin, wait until you see COM and a port number appear. That means your phone is recognized.
- Next, uncheck all boxes on the left side, including auto-reboot.
- Place the victory_8G_100528.pit file in the PIT box. Place CWM v22.214.171.124 .bin/.tar/.md5 file in the PDA box.
- Click start and will complete relatively quickly.
- Disconnect the phone from USB and pull the battery out.
- Replace battery.
- Press and hold Vol down, Camera and Power buttons until the capacitative lights light up, then release. This will place you in recovery mode.
- From there you will boot into CWM, where you can flash whatever you want (custom rom or a compatible kernel for FC09 & SuperSU) off the SD card. So place those files prior to doing all the above.
Keep in mind, that if you want to remain on stock FC09, but rooted, you will need to flash a custom kernel. The stock kernel will replace CWM with stock recovery every time. That is why in the list above you must disable auto-reboot and battery pull.
All files are in my devhost, in my signature. If not, then they expired and I can reupload them if notified.
From stock, if you want to flash a MTD rom you will encounter the following:
- Partition will be converted to MTD
- MTD compatible version of CWM (v5.5+) will be installed
- Recovery will auto-reboot
- You must manually flash the same rom again in the new CWM version.
- Rom will install
You may need to reflash the rom in CWM if you run into a stuck boot or boot loop.
My central download location for: