Aokp to d3

Search This thread

tacosrdelicioso

Mar 23, 2011
Because AOKP ICS is so much further than cm9 would it be possible to port that instead?

Sent from my XT862 using xda premium

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Link to aokp thread ? Does it have camera or video working on locked bootloaders yet? If so that's all we need

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
And I think he's still maintaining his CM7 build as well, plus two different recoveries for all the devices you listed. His commitment to the cause is amazing!

D3 CM9 Alpha 7

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
And I think he's still maintaining his CM7 build as well, plus two different recoveries for all the devices you listed. His commitment to the cause is amazing!

D3 CM9 Alpha 7

Im pretty sure he's abandoned cm7. There hasn't been a new build since he started cm9

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

mikedyk43

Mar 16, 2011
Anaheim
Ya but its kinda sad to see cm7 almost done, and then left to collect dust

Agreed! I'm sure CM7 would have had been fully functional by now if Hash or another Dev had decided to finish it. Here's another scary thought, I read that Google is supposed to be releasing Jelly Bean (Android 5.0) in the second quarter of this year. If this is true, there would be a new OS before even a hand full of devices are even running ICS.

AragornPE

Dec 28, 2010
Recife
Yep, it would be finished, and we all would be begging for him to start to work on a ICS build.

CM7 is nice, but CM9 is nicer

Also, I'm starting to think Hash is Legion, for he is many (jk)

Keep the good work man!

M3
Liberty v3.0

Last edited:

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Agreed! I'm sure CM7 would have had been fully functional by now if Hash or another Dev had decided to finish it. Here's another scary thought, I read that Google is supposed to be releasing Jelly Bean (Android 5.0) in the second quarter of this year. If this is true, there would be a new OS before even a hand full of devices are even running ICS.

From what I've read we're likely to be introduced to jellybean in Q2 but its too recent since ics.

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
^^I agree. There was so much hype surrounding the 4.0 OS that it seems both doubtful and (if true) disappointing that Google would be too shortsighted/trigger-happy, to actually let the OS mature a bit first, before pumping out another release. I've owned Android devices for better or worse, since the OG Droid, and I have to say that the evolution of the platform has been staggering...but I'm at a loss as to how the OS could really get SIGNIFICANTLY better than this. It's just my opinion, but I think 4.x is close to perfect...in the past, I could see clearly, how Eclair, Froyo, or GB could be improved, but ICS really has it all. I just think it would be terribly irresponsible of both Google and manufacturers, to support the release of a new OS this soon...

Sent from my DROID 3 using xda premium

mikedyk43

Mar 16, 2011
Anaheim
^^I agree. There was so much hype surrounding the 4.0 OS that it seems both doubtful and (if true) disappointing that Google would be too shortsighted/trigger-happy, to actually let the OS mature a bit first, before pumping out another release. I've owned Android devices for better or worse, since the OG Droid, and I have to say that the evolution of the platform has been staggering...but I'm at a loss as to how the OS could really get SIGNIFICANTLY better than this. It's just my opinion, but I think 4.x is close to perfect...in the past, I could see clearly, how Eclair, Froyo, or GB could be improved, but ICS really has it all. I just think it would be terribly irresponsible of both Google and manufacturers, to support the release of a new OS this soon...

Sent from my DROID 3 using xda premium

From what I read, the biggest new features are supposed to be Android's own version of NFC and compatibility with netbooks, laptops, desktops..... I agree it is too early for another release, but perhaps the extra features that are supposed to be included are too significant to just be an update to say 4.05.

Top Liked Posts