[Android 2.2+][11.11.2011][v1.3] CF.lumen (for Chainfire 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Honeycomb isn't supported (yet). There should be an update over the next few days that fixes ICS compatibility, I hope it also fixes Honeycomb.

Reactions: Narada2XK

Naa Laa

Mar 1, 2011
San Jose, CA
I got these values from f.lux FAQ

Tungsten: 2700K
Halogen: 3400K
Fluorescent: 4200K
Daylight: 5000K
Disable for an hour: 6500K

My question: I am trying to set values for "Sleep Color Filter" (11pm to 5am) which is always in a dark room. While I am sleeping and want to check my email or something in the middle of the night what values should I use? When I used the sensor for auto color it used to give me perfect light which was way better than the sun down or day color mode - looking for the number so I don't have to use the sensor.

Thanks for your help!

Berth666

Oct 19, 2007
great app - i love it!
Helps to save some battery power on my I9000.

But i noticed, that with CF.lumen turned on Gameloft Games are buggy, without they are smooth.
Don't know if you could fix it :)

Robdyx

Jun 15, 2010
Llangréu
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm having issues in my GNex running AOKP 28 and Franco kernel, maybe it's because of colourcontrol feature (I have Franco's app and have tweaked colors) but sundown mode has no effect on my screen so far apart from the pictures in gallery app (and not all of them). Anyone knows what is the problem?

win7x64

Jan 16, 2011
I'm having issues in my GNex running AOKP 28 and Franco kernel, maybe it's because of colourcontrol feature (I have Franco's app and have tweaked colors) but sundown mode has no effect on my screen so far apart from the pictures in gallery app (and not all of them). Anyone knows what is the problem?

"!! STILL HAS SOME ISSUES ON HONEYCOMB AND ICS - NightMode will NOT work !!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS APP AND THREAD HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY THIS ONE HERE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711912

CF.lumen changes the colors of your Android device's display based on the position of the sun. With the default settings, your display will get a warmer tint (lower color temperature) when the sun is down, to look more like indoor lighting and less like the sun, which causes less strain on your eyes and doesn't keep you awake as much.

This is an addon for Chainfire3D, you need to have both Chainfire3D and Chainfire3D Pro installed to be able to use CF.lumen

With the default settings, blue tints will be reduced in brightness when the sun goes down. This reduces how much looking at the screen keeps your brain awake later at night. If you have sleeping problems, you should definitely be using this. Do yourself a favor and install similar software ("f.lux") on your PC as well - it fixed my sleeping cycle.

There is also a full-on sleep mode that runs on a pre-set schedule. By default it shows the entire screen in red, so as to not destroy your night vision when you look at it.

When you want the screen to look normal for a bit (for example for gaming or looking at pictures) simply tap the notification in the notification tray to disable CF.lumen until the next time you turn on the screen.

Additionally, it can also use the light sensor to automagically switch to sleep mode when it is fully dark. HOWEVER, you should be aware that most devices do not have a sensitive enough light sensor to detect the difference between house light and darkness, so this function may not work very well on your device.

Last but not least, a function is also provided to turn off the screen based on proximity sensor activity.

---

Link to Android Market (desktop):
    https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d.cflumen

Link to Android Market (mobile):
    market://details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d.cflumen
    --- reserved post ---
    --- reserved post ---
    v1.3

Minor bugfix release v1.3:

- Minor crash fixes
    - Current color filter display no longer says "Unknown"
    - CPU usage reduced
    - Power usage reduced
    Yeah I use F.lux as well. App updated to v1.1, by the way :)
    Hmm....market still shows v1.0.:confused:

BTW: Do you sleep sometime?:D