Flash Player APK (UPDATED)

Search This thread

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
I will have to try this with flash. I need a good stock ICS browser to try this with.

jeebugorn

May 29, 2010
think im doing something wrong. when i click the APK file link it brings up a zip file. downloaded it and it had no apk file inside. im a bit tired, but what am i missing here?

Steve0423

Aug 22, 2010
Legit Flash File

Adobe has stopped allowing downloads for Flash Player on all devices running Jelly Bean, including the Nexus 7. There have also been some APK installation issues for people who upgraded to 4.1.1. This APK has been tested and works great on the Nexus 7 so far with 4.1.1. Thanks to RMXO for the file.

APK File: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1205546&d=1342580973

I have read that there are malware versions of Flash being provided that are bogus and infect the device stealing personal data such as contacts and other info. Is this a legit version???

MrZafonic

Aug 11, 2012
People just get boat browser and a recent flash player apk, works well

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

nm8

Jan 8, 2006
Undershire
I just bought a Nexus 7 16gb version today and tried the flash apk from my Desire HD and it didn't work. Also downloaded the version in the first post which also does not work. I am using Dolphin browser. I have not updated to the Jellybean 4.1.1 yet.

I copied the apk file to my Nexus 7 and used Astro to install. Am I doing somethuing wrong?

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
How can I get dolphin to work, or anything, other than FireFox? I hate that app, it crashes even without flash.

Dolphin no longer has the option for flash, they took it out about a month ago, maybe a couple a weeks ago, even if you're on ics, flash won't work with dolphin. Xscope works perfect with flash, and if you buy the pro version for .99 cents they include the flash apk with instructions on how to install, which is easy. Boat browser also works with flash but I don't like it...Xscope is pretty awesome, imo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012
How can I get dolphin to work, or anything, other than FireFox? I hate that app, it crashes even without flash.

Dolphin Browser HD v 8.5.1 supports flash. It was the last version that did I believe. I make sure not to update it so that I can keep flash on jelly bean with it.

If you want I can backup my dolphin and upload it for you on my public dropbox.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Fruits 'N Vegetables with bacon grease (FNV007) via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Logan_M

bill1253

Apr 15, 2010
I used to use dolphin but since it is incompatible I use the stock browser for any flash content and chrome for normal use. There is a thread with a download for stock browser if needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Logan_M

Jul 2, 2012
Vancouver Island
Dolphin Browser HD v 8.5.1 supports flash. It was the last version that did I believe. I make sure not to update it so that I can keep flash on jelly bean with it.

If you want I can backup my dolphin and upload it for you on my public dropbox.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Fruits 'N Vegetables with bacon grease (FNV007) via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

That would be awesome! I can't stand FireFox.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Dolphin no longer has the option for flash, they took it out about a month ago, maybe a couple a weeks ago, even if you're on ics, flash won't work with dolphin. Xscope works perfect with flash, and if you buy the pro version for .99 cents they include the flash apk with instructions on how to install, which is easy. Boat browser also works with flash but I don't like it...Xscope is pretty awesome, imo.

Must have been about a month ago, since I tried the day after I got my Nexus and it didn't work.

aeyara

Jan 16, 2012
Anybody have problems with higher-than-normal-speed playback? I tried playing an audio interview on the BBC website using the latest beta of FIrefox and the dialogue was going at 2+ x normal speed. FF also crashed at one point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Adobe has stopped allowing downloads for Flash Player on all devices running Jelly Bean, including the Nexus 7. This APK has been tested and works great on the Nexus 7 so far with 4.2.1.

APK File: install_flash_player_ics (1).apk - 4.49 MB
    Working Solution

As above I found the best solution to be the flash player included in the thread and the Aurora Beta of Firefox - 16 something

I have included both in my link below -

Nexus 7 Flash Player Pack
    couple questions...

1. so will this allow flash to be used on chrome?
    1a. if it doesnt work with chrome, what's the benefit of a standalone apk versus getting a browser that can use flash?
    2. do you have to be rooted for this to work?

thanks!

1. No, chrome does not support flash.
    2. You need the flash apk to be able to use flash in a browser that supports flash I.e. dolphin browser
    3. No, you do not. Just make sure you go to setting, security, and click the unknown sources check box before you try to install the app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    You can't download it straight to your tablet. You have to extract it on a computer then transfer it to your Nexus.

If you are using Dolphin as a Flash solution Do Not update to 8.6 which just came out. It completely removes the ability to use Flash for Jelly Bean even if you have it side loaded. It gives a message that they will no longer be supporting it for Android 4.1+

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2