[Q] Purple Dot on Photos

Search This thread

hnegrao

Sep 15, 2013
Coimbra
I was taking photos with my Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9550) and suddenly I came across a big problem:

Using the default camera, after I take a photo, a purple dot shows up in the left-down side of the taken photo. It's strange because it doesn't appear on the screen while I'm taking the photo, only after (when I see it again).

Can anyone help me please?

In this example (photo) the purple dot is on the "F" key.

Note:
I've noticed that it will only happens in 13MP (41283096) and 8MP (32642448) photos. If I take photos 10MP (4128*2322) or less they come out ok. So photos equal or smaller than 2322 (H) are ok.
Plus, If I take photos in 13MP and If I zoom the dot doesn't appear on the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20140611_190725.rar
    2 MB · Views: 255

kenji1996

Jun 7, 2012
Perak
I was taking photos with my Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9550) and suddenly I came across a big problem:

Using the default camera, after I take a photo, a purple dot shows up in the left-down side of the taken photo. It's strange because it doesn't appear on the screen while I'm taking the photo, only after (when I see it again).

Can anyone help me please?

In this example (photo) the purple dot is on the "F" key.

Note:
I've noticed that it will only happens in 13MP (41283096) and 8MP (32642448) photos. If I take photos 10MP (4128*2322) or less they come out ok. So photos equal or smaller than 2322 (H) are ok.
Plus, If I take photos in 13MP and If I zoom the dot doesn't appear on the photo.

What is your rom version? Is your Rom stock rom?
Try wipe cache see it can solve the problem

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
are you sure you didn't add that in yourself? lol. it has a nice white edge around it, just like it's been cut and paste in windows :p

else, have you tried cleaning the lens on the phone? (or the f key on your keyboard).

Reactions: hnegrao

hnegrao

Sep 15, 2013
Coimbra
are you sure you didn't add that in yourself? lol. it has a nice white edge around it, just like it's been cut and paste in windows :p

else, have you tried cleaning the lens on the phone? (or the f key on your keyboard).

This may seam a joke to you but really bothers me because now I cannot use my phone camera as I wish.
I don't know why this happened but I'd like to resolve this.

Strange thing is that I only noticed this one day after I shoot the earpiece with a can of compressed air (to resolve the proximity sensor issue).
I resolved one problem and got another :(

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
This may seam a joke to you but really bothers me because now I cannot use my phone camera as I wish.

Strange thing is that I only noticed this one day after I shoot the earpiece with a can of compressed air (to resolve the proximity sensor issue).

sounds to me like you had some debris stuck inside the phone somewhere (causing the sensor issue?), which you've now dislodged and it's found it's way to the camera lens. genuinely, I doubt this is a software issue, as it's clearly not a stuck pixel (or group of pixels), look at the odd shape of it. looks to me definitely like a physical object. so again, try cleaning the lens......but if it's INSIDE then I don't see any way of fixing it without taking it to bits, where you're more likely to introduce more contaminants to the system, rather than cleaning what's already there.

if i were you i'd take it back if you're still under warranty, or take it to a phone repair shop that has a "clean room" where they can thoroughly clean the device without introducing more dust particles etc to the system.

::EDIT::

reading that you've changed ROM and still have the same issue.......definitely hardware rather than software related.

hnegrao

Sep 15, 2013
Coimbra
sounds to me like you had some debris stuck inside the phone somewhere (causing the sensor issue?), which you've now dislodged and it's found it's way to the camera lens. genuinely, I doubt this is a software issue, as it's clearly not a stuck pixel (or group of pixels), look at the odd shape of it. looks to me definitely like a physical object. so again, try cleaning the lens......but if it's INSIDE then I don't see any way of fixing it without taking it to bits, where you're more likely to introduce more contaminants to the system, rather than cleaning what's already there.

if i were you i'd take it back if you're still under warranty, or take it to a phone repair shop that has a "clean room" where they can thoroughly clean the device without introducing more dust particles etc to the system.

reading that you've changed ROM and still have the same issue.......definitely hardware rather than software related.

Thanks.

hnegrao

Sep 15, 2013
Coimbra

By the way, If I want to take into a Samsung (Warranty) I have to put the original ROM. It's that enough?

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
That will depend on what you've done with the device I think. If you have updated to kitkat you've probably tripped the knox flag if you've installed a custom rom or recovery. There's currently no known way to reset that. But I guess it can't hurt to try. Worst case you'll send it to them and they'll tell you your warranty is void and send it back without repairing it?

::edit::

There's a good guide on here for how to reset back to stock firmware etc. Be sure to use triangle away first to reset the flash counter back to 0.

hnegrao

Sep 15, 2013
Coimbra
That will depend on what you've done with the device I think. If you have updated to kitkat you've probably tripped the knox flag if you've installed a custom rom or recovery. There's currently no known way to reset that. But I guess it can't hurt to try. Worst case you'll send it to them and they'll tell you your warranty is void and send it back without repairing it?

There's a good guide on here for how to reset back to stock firmware etc. Be sure to use triangle away first to reset the flash counter back to 0.

I've read the guide. Can you point me to a Portuguese original rom please? I have version 4.4.2, so I think I have to find a rom 4.4.2 and not under it.
If you could help me, I would appreciate it :)

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
which network are you using?, in order to find your carrier firmware, we need to know the csc code, e.g. for me in the uk on three.co.uk the csc is H3G.....so i use either H3G firmwares or BTU (which is the sim free uk version, which is actually what my phone came with).

i think you can actually flash any, but you'll probably find best results (in terms of signal etc, as well as carrier specific apps preinstalled) if you flash your carrier specific latest firmware?

if you tell us which network you're on it will help with recommending a firmware?

on sammobile.com i can see 5 options for portugal:-

Portugal - MEO

Portugal (Optimus) OPT

Portugal (TMN) - TMN

Portugal (TPH) - TPH

and

Portugal (Vodafone) - TCL

hnegrao

Sep 15, 2013
Coimbra
which network are you using?, in order to find your carrier firmware, we need to know the csc code, e.g. for me in the uk on three.co.uk the csc is H3G.....so i use either H3G firmwares or BTU (which is the sim free uk version, which is actually what my phone came with).

i think you can actually flash any, but you'll probably find best results (in terms of signal etc, as well as carrier specific apps preinstalled) if you flash your carrier specific latest firmware?

if you tell us which network you're on it will help with recommending a firmware?

on sammobile.com i can see 5 options for portugal:-

Portugal - MEO

Portugal (Optimus) OPT

Portugal (TMN) - TMN

Portugal (TPH) - TPH

and

Portugal (Vodafone) - TCL

Hello.

I bought it unlocked, so I think I can use Portugal (TPH) - TPH.
So I think I can install that one. I thought I had to use the same as it says now (I9505XXUFNB8).

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
that is the software base.....which i think is sometimes the same in many countries across a region (europe). if you get the TPH one, latest will be FNB9.

hnegrao

Sep 15, 2013
Coimbra
Hello.

I bought it unlocked, so I think I can use Portugal (TPH) - TPH.
So I think I can install that one. I thought I had to use the same as it says now (I9505XXUFNB8).

So, if I install the origin rom from Samsung I can install other custom roms again, afterwards right?
My cell phone is rooted, installing Samsung original rom will not make it unrooted?

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
So, if I install the origin rom from Samsung I can install other custom roms again, afterwards right?
My cell phone is rooted, installing Samsung original rom will not make it unrooted?

flashign back stock rom with odin will REMOVE root and will restore recovery back to STOCK......that's what the OP is trying to achieve.....to go back to totally stock.

if you want stock rom, you can still then reroot and/or flash custom recovery/rom after that.

i'm not 100% sure what you're asking here or what your goal is? the OP has a hardware fault with their phone so they are trying to restore back to stock (or as close as possible, s knox tripped already) so that they can try and get it repaired?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

that is the software base.....which i think is sometimes the same in many countries across a region (europe). if you get the TPH one, latest will be FNB9.