Klick Quick Button / 360 Quick Button

Search This thread

lazik

Mar 11, 2007
PLandia
Hi Lazik,

I started to use with Headset Button Controller as you suggested and works great!

I also use Tasker with it and its reliable and wonderful.

Only problem memory usage is horrible. 142 MB!! (see picture.)
I contacted developer and wait for answer. Probably will solved this issue.

Lazik! How is your HBC memory usage ?

Regards,
Robert

Less then yours but I see also that with using every shortcuts memory usage growths. So after 100 clicks can be also hunderts mb.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

green2013

Dec 12, 2013
Your app suggestion is great, i works for me!

Thanks for alert mate! Do you think a phone reset is needed? :mad::mad:

However I switched to AutomateIt with Pressy plug-in. Simple and useful.

You're welcome and glad it helped. Anyway, your suggested app is great I think I will switch to this one. Long press is working but some feature is lock. How do you trigger camera shutter and flashlight instantly when you press the button?

Thanks so much :) for your post!

green2013

Dec 12, 2013
Norton

Klick app is recognized only using Norton and only as "Annoying Advertiser". I think it isn't a real malware but a false positive cause it require a lot of permissions to work properly.

However now I'm with AtuomateIt with Pressy plug-in. Give it a try, it's free! http://automateitapp.com/

You're right to give alternative app and that app works well. Though the Norton flagged title was "Annoying Advertiser", I think it is more than false positive since I also have a lot apps that has a lot of permission and puts advertisement on app but never triggered the alert on Norton and if you can see the details, you can see that it is not only ads but collects your installed app, running app, sim details and prompt to install other apps. For me, definitely violates my privacy.

But your alternative app is the best solution and as of now, no red flag from Norton and I also send it to Norton for analysis.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-44-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-44-21.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

green2013

Dec 12, 2013
Try to pull it out

Thanks for the reply and the info. I tried AutomateIt with the Pressy plugin today but it wasn't recognising the button. I'll have another go.

I tried the app and it didn't work as well but when I pull it out and insert it again it will detect it automatically. It will also ask you to change the default action so just do so and follow the screen instructions. Good luck :)

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Hi Lazik,

I started to use with Headset Button Controller as you suggested and works great!

I also use Tasker with it and its reliable and wonderful.

Only problem memory usage is horrible. 142 MB!! (see picture.)
I contacted developer and wait for answer. Probably will solved this issue.

Lazik! How is your HBC memory usage ?

Regards,
Robert

thanks for the update :), I better uninstall if this will the case. This why I love this forum :D

frezd91

Aug 15, 2013
You're welcome and glad it helped. Anyway, your suggested app is great I think I will switch to this one. Long press is working but some feature is lock. How do you trigger camera shutter and flashlight instantly when you press the button?

Thanks so much :) for your post!

Some features require Pro version. However if you want camera fast capture and flashlight actions you need to install plug-ins. No worries about battery drain: the developer said me that only Pressy plug-in has an active process to recognize the connected device.

sanjsrik

$1.62 each

Edit: Get the Klick Quick Button / 360 Quick Button since the Xiaomi only works with Xiaomi phones at the moment (thanks for reminder makavelisk)

Function:
You can plug it into your android phone headset jack and turn it into a clickable button to take quick pictures, turn on the flashlight, record phone calls and so on via programmed short and long clicks, all without unlocking your phone.

Pretty much the same thing as the Pressy at 1/10 the cost depending on how many you buy (and who you buy from).
-------------

Anyone have one of these?

You can find these on aliexpress for approximately $5, It's also known as a klick quick button I believe.

Sounds like a bargain compared to the $27 Pressy equivalent,

Xiaomi-MiKey-copies-Pressy.jpg

$1.62 each:

http://www.dx.com/p/3-5mm-plug-shortcut-key-for-android-cell-phone-silver-black-304463

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset
So mines arrived but it seems like it doesn't go deep enough (thats what she said) and it only recognizes the click if i hold on to it... Any ideas?

EDIT: Well thats embarrassing, wasn't pushing it in deep enough (Thats what she said...)

Last edited:

xdaDemiGod

Apr 27, 2013
San Antonio, TX
This item is a fail!

Ok, so I have ordered 8 of these things from four different vendors from ebay, to amazon, to DX, to gearbest! Here is what I have found out. This thing sucks nad does not work properly for the Note 3 running KitKat 4.4.2 All four versions I have don't work good at all. I have used the Klick app as well as the 360 app and simply put, it fails on the Note 3. A couple of the versions I have when I long press opens up S-voice for no reason. And thats about it.

I will say this though, these things work perfectly in my wife's Galaxy Note 10.1 for some reason running 4.1.2 Everything works perfect as it should using the Klick app or the 360 app. So it seems that the problem either lies in the Note 3 hardware, or in android 4.4.2

Lastly, it's seems these things are a novelty more than anything else. Even being on the galaxy note 10.1 it barely sees any use, as we have 5 shortcuts on the lockscreen that are actually way quicker to use than pressing this little thingy!

All in all, I say dont waste your money!

Or if you do, I will tell you something to buy that is actually worth a few bucks and gets lot of use: RGB Sound Controlled Rotating Disco Light Bulb. If you do order it, remember to thank me when you get it and everyone says how cool it is. And it's cheap! Waste your money on this, as it will actually be well worth it. I even put one in my son's bedroom as this light is so cool everyone loves it!

61d%2BEOkRIxL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

thinhletien

Jul 10, 2008
Calgary, Canada
It adds an extra hardware button on your phone though the headphone jack. The Xiaomi Mikey will only work on Xiaomi phones that have Miui OS. Not sure if you could find the apk to make this work for the Note.

I have a Pressy on order but would cancel if this would actually work for us.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

100% work for anyphone. Just download an app from Market, and install it to your phone. So you good to go. The only 1 problem is the app in chinese at all, but very simple, not to hard to use. My friends used this one on his M7, G3, Z1 already

ippocampos

Dec 15, 2011
100% work for anyphone. Just download an app from Market, and install it to your phone. So you good to go. The only 1 problem is the app in chinese at all, but very simple, not to hard to use. My friends used this one on his M7, G3, Z1 already
All in the forum write the opposite...please explain and don't write something that isn't true. The basic think is to help each other to find solutions and not to just post words

Huawei lppocampos

kalya1

Feb 5, 2011
cluj napoca
dude , look at this :
phones where not work XIAOMI Mi3 and TRONSMART TS7 android 4.2.2 stock rom

Pierre118

Apr 13, 2011
The Hague
All in the forum write the opposite...please explain and don't write something that isn't true. The basic think is to help each other to find solutions and not to just post words

Huawei lppocampos

It is working without any problems on my N9005 Note 3. There is already a English translation for the Klick button app. Google for it.

chan.sk

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
I bought 3 of these from ebay for USD 2.19 with free shipping. They were sent from China and arrived within a week.
It needs to be fully inserted in the headphone socket or it will not work. Mine works well with the Klick app.
When clicked, it gives a haptic feedback and then turns on the app according to what you set in Klick.
I think this is a good deal.

smart_thingup

Oct 15, 2009
Jakarta
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Hello,
I will share my experience and knowledge with you.

First, to this day there is 3 product: the pressy button, the xaiomi mikey, and the klick button.

The first is a well known American kick starter project founded in 2013. To this day they did not delivered their product.

The klick button is a Chinese product founded on a Chinese kick starter equivalent also in 2013. In fact we can't say which is the copy of the two because the website of klick indicate their project started before pressy but their financing campaign was just after the pressy kickstarter. Today their product and app are on the market (you'll have to grab the app on their Chinese website if I remember).

The mikey from Xiaomi is the third "jack button" product to be released on the market. Their app is on Xiaomi forums. You can buy it on ibouyou for example. being the last one it is obviously a copy. To me I can't say the physical difference between the mikey and the klick. But their app are different.

You can check on ausandroid if you're interested in the "who's the original" fight. They did a nice article on in.

On the button themselves the mikey and klick are identical, and the pressy seems thinner when plugged in a phone.. Maybe the real product will be indentical to the others as well...

I bought the Xiaomi mikey.

First of all I have a Xiaomi mi2s running cm11 and mokee. the app works great on both systems. I even tried the klick app and it work too (the app is in english).
So any button work with any app.. Hope it will work with the pressy app too.

So I tried the mikey app and the klick app.

Xiaomi mikey app:

++Can launch any app in a custom shortcut.
++almost all the shortcuts you would want (some are missing though)
++can launch complex tasks in one shortcut (ex: 1click=take a picture then share it via Google drive)
++ usefull system shortcuts (ex: vibrate mode, auto rotation...)

--no long press integration.
--Wakes up and unlock shortly the phone even when the shortcut does not need it (like vibrate mode). The screen goes directly to the launcher for a few second and goes back to the lock screen.
--no notification bar shortcut, no toogle panel shortcut

Klick app:

++Can open the notification bar
++Can launch a custom toogle panel look alike
++Can use complex shortcuts based on combinaison between long and short clicks
+++ DOES NOT BYPASS THE LOCK SCREEN IF THERE IS ONE.

--Does not remember as much shortcuts as the mikey app
--Does not permit the user to use complex tasks
--No system shortcut beside the custom toogle panel.

I personally prefer the mikey app but as you can see, those two apps are not really complete.

All I can hope for the copied pressy guys is to release a wonderfull software to go with the pressy button that combines all the advantages from mikey and klick, and even further more, i'd even pay for the pressy software if it's worth it.
Doing a wonderfull app that you're willing to pay for if you paid the mikey or klick could save them from the others dirt cheap alternatives.

I would have posted screeshots and links to the download pages, but as I am a new user I cannot post any links, even to the screenshots :(

I love the ikey app for this almighty button. It has the ability to turn on/off the screen. Preserving my power button

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Great post bro !

I want to add from my POV,

++ Xiaomi mikey app are good with toolbox option, at the toolbox we can insert up to four shortcut

-- no power button option. all of simulate button at this app is not working on my CM11. (I need this feature at most act like power button)

Great write up Torpin. I was wondering about the whole original or copy thing, I guess it's still debatable.

I can bypass the lock screen using the Klick app. I have exposed installed with the Quick Access module. With Quick Access you can select which apps can bypass the lock screen. For example- I have the camera, flashlight and a podcast app to launch with the phone locked. The flashlight even works without the screen turning on.

I have 2 issues with the Klick app:

1- I have to go into the Klick app settings after each boot and turn Klick Mode off and on, otherwise sound won't come out of the phone speakers.
2- Long press won't work, it keeps launching S-Voice.

Here's a link to the 4 apps that I have (Klick, 360 Klick, Mikey Translated and Mikey Chinese). The 360 app is in Chinese and came with the button I purchased.

thanks for your tips ! really helpful
I also install Quick Access module on Xposed. work well to bypass the app.

What is perfect for me with this quick jack button is "iKey" app with Quick Access module at Xposed.

with this combination,
++ I can use Mikey button to act like power button, On and off phone
++ there's long press shortcut option (also have double and thrice click option)

I also convert iKey app to system app, just make sure this app have priority, hehe :D

Reactions: coolloser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    I will share my experience and knowledge with you.

First, to this day there is 3 product: the pressy button, the xaiomi mikey, and the klick button.

The first is a well known American kick starter project founded in 2013. To this day they did not delivered their product.

The klick button is a Chinese product founded on a Chinese kick starter equivalent also in 2013. In fact we can't say which is the copy of the two because the website of klick indicate their project started before pressy but their financing campaign was just after the pressy kickstarter. Today their product and app are on the market (you'll have to grab the app on their Chinese website if I remember).

The mikey from Xiaomi is the third "jack button" product to be released on the market. Their app is on Xiaomi forums. You can buy it on ibouyou for example. being the last one it is obviously a copy. To me I can't say the physical difference between the mikey and the klick. But their app are different.

You can check on ausandroid if you're interested in the "who's the original" fight. They did a nice article on in.

On the button themselves the mikey and klick are identical, and the pressy seems thinner when plugged in a phone.. Maybe the real product will be indentical to the others as well...

I bought the Xiaomi mikey.

First of all I have a Xiaomi mi2s running cm11 and mokee. the app works great on both systems. I even tried the klick app and it work too (the app is in english).
    So any button work with any app.. Hope it will work with the pressy app too.

So I tried the mikey app and the klick app.

Xiaomi mikey app:

++almost all the shortcuts you would want (some are missing though)
    ++can launch complex tasks in one shortcut (ex: 1click=take a picture then share it via Google drive)
    ++ usefull system shortcuts (ex: vibrate mode, auto rotation...)

--no long press integration.
    --Wakes up and unlock shortly the phone even when the shortcut does not need it (like vibrate mode). The screen goes directly to the launcher for a few second and goes back to the lock screen.
    --no notification bar shortcut, no toogle panel shortcut

Klick app:

++Can open the notification bar
    ++Can launch a custom toogle panel look alike
    ++Can use complex shortcuts based on combinaison between long and short clicks
    +++ DOES NOT BYPASS THE LOCK SCREEN IF THERE IS ONE.

--Does not remember as much shortcuts as the mikey app
    --Does not permit the user to use complex tasks
    --No system shortcut beside the custom toogle panel.

I personally prefer the mikey app but as you can see, those two apps are not really complete.

All I can hope for the copied pressy guys is to release a wonderfull software to go with the pressy button that combines all the advantages from mikey and klick, and even further more, i'd even pay for the pressy software if it's worth it.
    Doing a wonderfull app that you're willing to pay for if you paid the mikey or klick could save them from the others dirt cheap alternatives.

I would have posted screeshots and links to the download pages, but as I am a new user I cannot post any links, even to the screenshots :(
    Edit: Get the Klick Quick Button / 360 Quick Button since the Xiaomi only works with Xiaomi phones at the moment (thanks for reminder makavelisk)

Function:
    You can plug it into your android phone headset jack and turn it into a clickable button to take quick pictures, turn on the flashlight, record phone calls and so on via programmed short and long clicks, all without unlocking your phone.

Pretty much the same thing as the Pressy at 1/10 the cost depending on how many you buy (and who you buy from).
    -------------

You can find these on aliexpress for approximately $5, It's also known as a klick quick button I believe.

mikey latest version 2.3.1

hi,
    i found the mikey translated version 1.9

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11698816/MiKey_1.9.0_multilang_xiaomi.eu.apk

you can also find the new version 2.2.2 using aptoide but on my nexux 5 the 2.2.2 version crashes when i click on the gear on the top right.
    i also found n the latest 2.3.1
    you can try the different version simply adding my store on aptoide, the address is http://chicco1983.store.aptoide.com/

or form my mega folder https://mega.co.nz/#F!LNQB0YxS!8zi979978S6RKpyBK0-lcg

you can also follow the releasing of new translated version following this forum http://en.miui.com/forum-20-1.html

I have one, a seller gave me one free when I purchased a qi transmitter from www.taobao.cn

29peykh.jpg

2zjkx38.jpg
    How about you tell Pressy, stop sending jobs to China just to increase your profit margins. If the American company developed Pressy in America, maybe this would have never been cloned so fast. By the way, I purchased 5 mikey for $17 and received them two weeks ago. Pressy wants $27 per unit and still hasn't delivered the goods to their backers... China/Xiaomi are the good guys lol. Never thought I would say that lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2