Which system parameters (kernel/sys/anything) rule automatic suspending of cores?

Search This thread

Peri Noid

Aug 20, 2014
Warsaw
Hello.
I think my problem is a general Android question, although - in my particular case - it is dedicated to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005).

I would like to learn, which system parameters rule automatic suspending of single cores in runtime. This question is NOT deep sleep - related, I have no problems with that. My problem consists in cores not going offline, even if nothing is happening in the system (I wanted to post a link to a screenshot but I'm not allowed to). Imagine an Idle system - my phone has 4 cores, 3 of them should go offline. And that's what happens, when the system is in a "good" state. But after some time something is changed (I don't know what, yet) and even if completly nothing is running, all the cores stay online and they operate at their lowest speed (which is 300MHz in my case). I know, that it improves responsivenes, but, at the same time, increases power consumption. And it's not how it should work.

So, I'm looking for what triggers such behavior. Not for the initial cause (it must be one of the applications), but for the "intermediate" result. I believe that there are kernel parameters, probably available via the /sys/ subsystem, which may be checked and adjusted here.But... which of them? What to look for?

My phone is rooted, I'm quite fluent in bash programming and I'm not affraid of it. I also know Linux itself (I'm not a hacker, but I have few machines which I administrate). But I don't know Android-specciffic issues. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks in advance