[Q] I -had- 4.2.2. How bad did I mess up?

Search This thread

skeven

Jan 25, 2012
Until about 30 minutes ago, I had the stock 4.2.2 that came with my S4 when I bought it.
Every day it would ask me to update and I kept on delaying it and telling it another time...

Until today, when it popped up while I was using my phone and fingers hit it into the (apparently) pre-downloaded update.
Not wanting to brick it mid-update I let it go and am now on 4.3.

While I haven't yet rooted my device, I did intend to, but haven't followed along with rooting an S4.
So my question is, how screwed am I?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Until about 30 minutes ago, I had the stock 4.2.2 that came with my S4 when I bought it.
Every day it would ask me to update and I kept on delaying it and telling it another time...

Until today, when it popped up while I was using my phone and fingers hit it into the (apparently) pre-downloaded update.
Not wanting to brick it mid-update I let it go and am now on 4.3.

While I haven't yet rooted my device, I did intend to, but haven't followed along with rooting an S4.
So my question is, how screwed am I?

Well hopefully you weren't on MDK 4.2 prior to this since that's the build you could had a true custom recovery on. Most likely though you were not since now your on 4.3.

You're not screwed you can still easily root it and install SafeStrap if you want to. I'd suggest root it and freeze SDM so you can stay on 4.3 where things are just easier. Wait for kit kat to be out a little longer and all the upgrade/root methods to be perfected

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

skeven

Jan 25, 2012
Well hopefully you weren't on MDK 4.2 prior to this since that's the build you could had a true custom recovery on. Most likely though you were not since now your on 4.3.

I had the root page for my build bookmarked; I545VRUDMI1
Nothing is more comforting to know that I could of done worse than I already had.

I gotta learn to do it right off the bat -- this phone is about 7 months old. No excuse to not have found time to do it
But thanks, I'll get right on it