[Q] Xperia Tablet Z Screen issue

Search This thread

1337patchy

Aug 19, 2012
Good evening everyone!

I've been a proud owner of my xperia tablet Z since January, and I've always kept with a cover, and it's been well treated and loved.
However, since 2 or 3 days ago I have found this "dead pixel line" on the screen.
The weird thing however is that this line is perfectly straight, as if it's locked in a certain X coordinate.
The pixels seem to be dead / corrupted from the bottom to the top.

Does this look like a physical or a logical issue to you? Should a clean install solve this?
Or is it really the screen?
When the screen is off, there is no visually damaged evidence on the screen.
Below are 2 links to pictures. One with the display off to show you it's present condition, it's nearly 1 year old and it has been very well treated.
The other picture shows the corrupted pixel line.
I really don't want to RMA it because it will be a long process..however if I must..
Please share your thoughts and if you think it's a logical issue or physical.
Thank you

i.imgur.com/5sqjAzm.jpg
i.imgur.com/jdkgkMS.jpg

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Good evening everyone!

I've been a proud owner of my xperia tablet Z since January, and I've always kept with a cover, and it's been well treated and loved.
However, since 2 or 3 days ago I have found this "dead pixel line" on the screen.
The weird thing however is that this line is perfectly straight, as if it's locked in a certain X coordinate.
The pixels seem to be dead / corrupted from the bottom to the top.

Does this look like a physical or a logical issue to you? Should a clean install solve this?
Or is it really the screen?
When the screen is off, there is no visually damaged evidence on the screen.
Below are 2 links to pictures. One with the display off to show you it's present condition, it's nearly 1 year old and it has been very well treated.
The other picture shows the corrupted pixel line.
I really don't want to RMA it because it will be a long process..however if I must..
Please share your thoughts and if you think it's a logical issue or physical.
Thank you

i.imgur.com/5sqjAzm.jpg
i.imgur.com/jdkgkMS.jpg
i can suggest to reflash the firmware or remove factory pre-applied screen protector.