[HELP] Bricked My U8800 [15Feb2013 Update]
Now, I dont usually open threads, but I have an issue here. I've searched and read a lot on how to recover the U8800 in case its soft-bricked, but I've tried the reflashing 2.2 method (Fails in about 5 seconds), Linux method (blefish's method
, buzzcomp's method
could not yield any results. I connected the phone in the bootloader mode (pink screen) to a Linux PC, but it doesnt appear as a new device there.
Then I tried to upgrade to 2.3, it installs fine, automatically enters recovery (formats data, cache etc), reboots a lot of times (bootloop?). So now whenever I on my phone, the Huawei logo just keeps flashing.
I've also tried to replace the files when connected in the pink screen by replacing the boot.img , recovery.img, amss.bin , EMMCBOOT.mbn file, yet it bootloops.
Prior to this, I had downgraded from Aurora to the stock 2.2, which worked fine. Then I replaced the stock recovery with CWM (the correct one, not the U8800 Pro's). I did the usual clearing of cache, data, formatted system, wiped dalvik cache in order for me to upgrade to a new ROM. Everything went downhill from there
UPDATE : I managed to get 2.3 to be installed. But everytime I enable "USB Debugging", upon the next reboot, there will be a lot of apps which closes unexpectedly, like the Huawei Launcher, Google Framework etc etc. I've tried B526 and B528, but everytime I have "USB Debugging" enabled, this happens. It works fine on 2.2 though
UPDATE 2 : After my fresh installation of the official 2.3, I'd changed the launcher to Holo Launcher, but it fails at starting up. If it does, it keep saying that Holo launcher has closed unexpectedly. The only way to fix it is to boot into recovery and wipe data.