[PROBLEM] Extremely slow charging.

Search This thread
Hello.
I dont know why but the last 3 days my phone charges extremely slow.
I dont know if its the hardware of the software.
I did not make a major change in the phone or something.I dont know why it charges so slow.
Charging rate is : 1% in 4 and a half minutes....
I cant figure out why.
I was in a trip and i got the charger with me (The output was rated 220 volts so no problem with the charger)
BUT the cable may be damaged.
Softwarewise i have no idea what i did to affect the charging .

It may be a bug or a calibration issue.Because sometimes for example it climbs from 29 or 28 % to 30

Please tell me what you think thank you.

Reactions: ebi sat
Definitely the USB cable. Mine even stopped charging anything (phone, bluetooth speaker etc).Any cable other than Sony's works perfectly :p

I know but Sony's is designed thick so it handles the 850mah that's a pretty big load and when i used another cheapo cable out of ebay it charged bery slow.(I ordered the same cheapo because it broke and it was pretty nice to have a 2m cable)

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
If there is a lesson to be learnt: other than casing or screen protectors (non-electronics components of the device), I don't buy [cheap] electronics stuff off ebay - one usually gets what one pays for.

I got a 3-pin plug with USB connector labelled at 5V to charge my radio (good thing I did not use it for a device) a few months ago off ebay - my radio was fried :(

If there is a lesson to be learnt: other than casing or screen protectors (non-electronics components of the device), I don't buy [cheap] electronics stuff off ebay - one usually gets what one pays for.

I got a 3-pin plug with USB connector labelled at 5V to charge my radio (good thing I did not use it for a device) a few months ago off ebay - my radio was fried :(

Are you sure that the USB connector is to fault ?

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
Are you sure that the USB connector is to fault ?

Not the cable but the 3 pin plugs which connects (USB) to micro-usb on the radio. The cable is the same one which I charge by plugging into the computer.
Same principle as our phone - charge by plugging into the computer or use the same cable connected to a 2 or 3 pins which is then plug into AC.

These pin plugs needs to charge at 5V (as computer). The one I bought was advertised as 5V but obviously it was not.

I then bought another radio and found an old phone AC charger - works faultlessly.

Not the cable but the 3 pin plugs which connects (USB) to micro-usb on the radio. The cable is the same one which I charge by plugging into the computer.
Same principle as our phone - charge by plugging into the computer or use the same cable connected to a 2 or 3 pins which is then plug into AC.

These pin plugs needs to charge at 5V (as computer). The one I bought was advertised as 5V but obviously it was not.

I then bought another radio and found an old phone AC charger - works faultlessly.

The cable has nothing to do with the voltage :/ the transformer outputs the voltage and current needed to charge the device so you might your radio fried by a crappy transformer.

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
The cable has nothing to do with the voltage :/ the transformer outputs the voltage and current needed to charge the device so you might your radio fried by a crappy transformer.

think you misunderstood - NOT the cable. It's the 3 pin plug:

apple_3_pin_usb_power_adapter_mains_charger_uk_wall_plug_for_iphone_5_ipod_nano_7_ipod_touch_5_-_md812b-a.jpg

Ever since I bought my SP I had it underclocked at 1566Mhz and Airplane Mode whenever it charges

and no problem at all
Underclocking would be a good idea but airplane mode wont benifit me since ill lose incoming call.As for the charging issue it was solved by getting Greenify to kill certain apps that used so much juice that would not let the phone to charge :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.
    I dont know why but the last 3 days my phone charges extremely slow.
    I dont know if its the hardware of the software.
    I did not make a major change in the phone or something.I dont know why it charges so slow.
    Charging rate is : 1% in 4 and a half minutes....
    I cant figure out why.
    I was in a trip and i got the charger with me (The output was rated 220 volts so no problem with the charger)
    BUT the cable may be damaged.
    Softwarewise i have no idea what i did to affect the charging .

It may be a bug or a calibration issue.Because sometimes for example it climbs from 29 or 28 % to 30

Please tell me what you think thank you.