My samsung epic turned green! After dropping it

Search This thread

cerchiara

Oct 17, 2007
Well dropped my Samsung epic in the pavement and now its green even during bootup and in download mode. Any ideas what I broke and if it can actually be fixed?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20110619_184612.jpg
    IMG_20110619_184612.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

iSaint

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix, Maryland
Put it in Download mode (while it's green)
Halfway during Odin unplug it then take it into sprint and tell them you dropped it...
and its always green also delete everything on your SD Card...

Don't have insurance ???

well some people have said they cracked their screen and sprint fixed it for them w/o the insurance for 35$ i believe if my memory is accurate...

Last edited:

Pointless816

Mar 6, 2009
Manhattan
Download Galaxy S Tuner from the Market (it's free), and see if modifying any of the screen settings will do anything. If not, do what the guy above said and unplug it during Odin.

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
Lol it looks like nightmode in chainfire3d pro. But seriously you probably knocked loose the video cable to the samoled. You might need a trip to sprint repair center I'm pretty sure its 35 dollars if you don't have insurance

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

cerchiara

Oct 17, 2007
Haha what are the odds green lantern just came out this weekend and my phone turns green. Ill try the tool suggested but if all fails ill see what sprint charges me. Another idea is my wife has insurance on her EVO maybe I could put my phone on her plan and do a switcharoo. Sux cause I only took the insurance out recently on my epic. Trying to cut corners as much as possible. Since money isnt like it use to be.

Attachments

• IMG_20110619_195620.jpg
    IMG_20110619_195620.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
I was only trying to make a lighthearted joke ... no harm meant .... the suggestion already mentioned should work

cerchiara

Oct 17, 2007
No harm at all. Im a fan of all the marvel and DC movies. So for me it was def funny that my phone became green :).. Worse comes to worse ill have to live with it until my 2 year is up. I may just steal my wifes EVO she can live with the green since she only really uses the phone as a phone anyway :)

Forgot Green Lantern is DC. :)

Last edited:

Magic Oreo

Nov 7, 2010
Had sumthing like this.
I dropped my fone about 30 feet got and a yellow tint + major dets etc.
sumtimes messing with the slider I could get it normal.
I took it to sprint and used my tep and got free non refurb replacement. :)

As others said u can probably can get it replaced for 35 bucks if u brick it.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

cerchiara

Oct 17, 2007
Thanks guys. I took the green machine to Sprint and just told them it turned green and showed them. So was honest :). So as mentioned it is only 35 bux so hopefully I pick it up today and they actually fixed it.

cerchiara

Oct 17, 2007
Green monster has been vanished. Back to my color friendly Epic. Sprint fixed it and it seems like they replaced something. Because the dent that I had on the side of my phone is gone that I got when the GM was unleashed. I know they didn't replace the phone as a whole because there is some scratches that I remember are still there. Now I'm debating if I should get insurance Sprint asked me and I have 30 days to decide.

bjhill2112

Dec 15, 2008
Well, TEP costs $8 a month - or $96 per year. If you have to replace the whole phone...

To me it is a justified expense, and one that I've had to use several times over the years.

Wizard Knight

Apr 24, 2010
Long Island, New York
Well, TEP costs $8 a month - or $96 per year. If you have to replace the whole phone...

To me it is a justified expense, and one that I've had to use several times over the years.

especially if your flash-happy like I am. I can't tell you how many roms I've tested that, in retrospect, I probably shouldn't have, lol. my local sprint store thinks my apartment has electrical problems and is surging the phones into bricks... let them think that :)

Top Liked Posts