[Q] Rooting Samsung Galaxy Player YP-G70 (5.0 wifi)

Search This thread

DoeBoi

Jan 18, 2011
Hey everyone, so I tried rooting the device with 4zroot and SuperOneClick both methods don't work. With 4zroot, when push root, the program backs out and force closes. With SuperOneClick, the program got stuck at "Waiting for device..." for over 15 minutes. I also gone and double-check every setting is in the correct order. I tried several times with both methods and failed. So do you have any ideas on getting root access on this device. Thank you.

Firmware version: 2.2.2
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608#1
Build number: FROYO.DXKF3

Edit1: Rooted successfully!! After trying about every suggestions i could find, i couldn't connect to kies, it said pc suite mode need to be activated, but there's no option for that in the 5.0 wifi, but after internal memory format and factory setting reset, i connect to pc (pc recognize, but kies didn't) i use the SuperOneClick and BAM! it is rooted!!

Last edited:

saknarong

Feb 1, 2009
You use the program that I want to try some of the root. Now I have a problem with kies it invisible to me to me.

Last edited:

WT Ho

Jul 4, 2011
Another rooted Galaxy YP-G70

Device Info:
Model number: YP-G70CW (on the back of the device)
Firmware ver: 2.2.2
Kernel ver: 2.6.32.9 rosguie@curos-desktop #12
Build number: FROYO.ZSKE2

Tools:
1. Install SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones
2. SuperOneClick version 2.1.1

ronnieg

May 7, 2009
i just got this device it's great the screen is huge, so i'm glad it can be rooted. the question is can i restore it to factory state? how do i backup the ROM?

josetup123

Sep 15, 2011
root yp-g70

sorry i have this phone i want to rooted but i don´t know ho to do it anyone can help me

mustikasakti

Mar 11, 2010
Device Info:

Tools:
get give download link for the SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones installer? thanks

Reactions: plofsa

manu17300

Jan 31, 2011
Hello everyone I can not rooter my samsung galaxy s wifi YP-5.0 g70 g70
someone can help me thank you

os2baba

May 4, 2009
Stuck at Step#1

I can't get my Samsung galaxy S 5 wifi rooted either. First I was getting stuck on detecting the device like the OP. Then I installed the latest drivers from the link tapioco2000 provided (Thanks tapioco2000!). Now I can see the device when I type "adb devices". And Super One Click now progresses to Step #1. But now it's stuck there trying to temporary install busybox. I tried the Shell Root method as well. But there I get stuck at step #1 as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ishman

Sep 3, 2007
Need to be careful about the ROMS, you can download the stock ROM currently and it is easy to root. Don't forget to enable USB debugging.

I bricked mine after some root tweaking, and was able to restore using ODIN and the original firmware.

os2baba

May 4, 2009
I can't get my Samsung galaxy S 5 wifi rooted either. First I was getting stuck on detecting the device like the OP. Then I installed the latest drivers from the link tapioco2000 provided (Thanks tapioco2000!). Now I can see the device when I type "adb devices". And Super One Click now progresses to Step #1. But now it's stuck there trying to temporary install busybox. I tried the Shell Root method as well. But there I get stuck at step #1 as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So no one else is stuck with rooting the device? Especially at Step #1 where it can't seem to install busybox?

Ishman

Sep 3, 2007
Make sure you are in USB debug mode and have allow non-market installations checked. See if that helps any.

khakala

Jun 18, 2009
Finland
problem root my device - superuser will not install to device?

After rooting i can not find superuser from programs list?

SuperOneClick v2.1.1.0
Checking drivers...
Killing ADB Server...
OK 1,59s
Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
OK 4,06s
Waiting for device...
OK 0,03s
Getting manufacturer...
samsung
OK 0,04s
Getting model...
YP-G70
OK 0,04s
Getting version...
XXKG1
OK 0,04s
Checking if rooted...
True
OK 0,06s
Installing BusyBox (temporary)... - Step #1
708 KB/s (1062992 bytes in 1.465s)
OK 1,51s
Installing BusyBox (temporary)... - Step #2
OK 0,05s
Rooting device... - Step #1
295 KB/s (585731 bytes in 1.937s)
OK 1,97s
Rooting device... - Step #2
OK 0,04s
Rooting device... - Step #3
OK 0,01s
Rooting device... - Step #4
property service neutered.
killing adbd. (should restart in a second or two)
OK 0,06s
Rooting device... - Step #5
OK 8,08s
Remounting /system with read-write access...
OK
OK 0,10s
Creating /system/xbin...
mkdir failed for /system/xbin, File exists
OK 0,05s
Installing su (/system/xbin)... - Step #1
328 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.078s)
OK 0,54s
Installing su (/system/xbin)... - Step #2
OK 0,05s
Installing su (/system/xbin)... - Step #3
OK 0,04s
Installing SuperUser... - Step #1
176 KB/s (196521 bytes in 1.089s)
OK 1,32s
Checking for busybox
OK 0,04s
Remounting /system with read-only access...
OK
OK 0,34s
Running a SU test...
Test failed!
FAILED

madsere

May 2, 2010
Did anyone try installing a standard Galaxy S ROM on it? I mean, it seems to be the same hardware sans the phone/3G transmitter, no?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, so I tried rooting the device with 4zroot and SuperOneClick both methods don't work. With 4zroot, when push root, the program backs out and force closes. With SuperOneClick, the program got stuck at "Waiting for device..." for over 15 minutes. I also gone and double-check every setting is in the correct order. I tried several times with both methods and failed. So do you have any ideas on getting root access on this device. Thank you.

Firmware version: 2.2.2
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608#1
    Build number: FROYO.DXKF3

Edit1: Rooted successfully!! After trying about every suggestions i could find, i couldn't connect to kies, it said pc suite mode need to be activated, but there's no option for that in the 5.0 wifi, but after internal memory format and factory setting reset, i connect to pc (pc recognize, but kies didn't) i use the SuperOneClick and BAM! it is rooted!!
    get give download link for the SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones installer? thanks

here it is your drivers! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956
    Another rooted Galaxy YP-G70

Device Info:

Tools:
    How do you upgrade using Odin3 v1.85?! Thanks!

1. Unzip downloaded rar file
    2. Boot phone to Download mode
    3. Start Odin
    4. Add CODE_G70XXKPF_CL562492_REV01_user_low_ship_HOME.tar.md5 file to PDA area
    5. Connect phone by USB
    6. Start flashing
    7. Enjoy :)
    G70XXKPF:

Android 2.3.5

Code:
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh                                                     
    ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD                                                             
    ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.XXKPF                                               
    ro.build.version.incremental=XXKPF                                                  
    ro.build.version.sdk=10                                                             
    ro.build.version.codename=REL                                                       
    ro.build.version.release=2.3.5                                                      
    ro.build.date=Fri Sep 16 20:45:13 KST 2011                                          
    ro.build.date.utc=1316173513                                                        
    ro.build.type=user                                                                  
    ro.build.user=se.infra                                                              
    ro.build.host=SEP-67                                                                
    ro.build.tags=release-keys                                                          
    ro.product.model=YP-G70                                                             
    ro.product.brand=samsung                                                            
    ro.product.name=YP-G70                                                              
    ro.product.device=YP-G70                                                            
    ro.product.board=YP-G70                                                             
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a                                                      
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi                                                         
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung                                                     
    ro.product.locale.language=en                                                       
    ro.product.locale.region=GB                                                         
    ro.wifi.channels=                                                                   
    ro.board.platform=s5pc110                                                           
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device                               
    ro.build.product=YP-G70                                                             
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint                          
    ro.build.description=YP-G70-user 2.3.5 GINGERBREAD XXKPF release-keys               
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/YP-G70/YP-G70:2.3.5/GINGERBREAD/XXKPF:user/release-keys
    # Samsung Specific Properties                                                       
    ro.build.PDA=G70XXKPF                                                               
    ro.build.hidden_ver=G70XXKPF                                                        
    ro.build.changelist=562492                                                          
    ro.csc.sales_code=SER                                                               
    ro.flash.resolution=720                                                             
    # end build properties

http://hotfile.com/dl/132485810/b9ac0ac/YP-G70_XET_G70XXKPF.rar.html

Pass: sampro.pl