[Q] cant fully boot into phone

Search This thread

gbswales

Jun 13, 2012
I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 which I successfully rooted over a year ago though I never bothered with a custom rom. I have now purchased a note 3 so in preparation for selling the S3 I did a factory reset through Settings to clear out all my apps, data and personal information. That all went well and the device booted back into the normal system a couple of times (I didn't check to see if root had been maintained or not) This weekend I got it out to sell it only to find that it boots through the first part of the routine with the Samsung moving logo but then sticks on the static SAMSUNG screen and will not go further.

I am able to boot into TWRP so would I be able to download a stock rom from somewhere, insert a micro sd card with the stock rom on it and recover through TWRP? Alternatively I do have an old full back up stored on my computer - I could transfer this to the micro sd and restore this through twrp - I can see this was made through twrm as the openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-i9300.tar.md5 is stored with it. Of course if this works I would still need to perform a reset to get rid of all the personal data etc so could end up in the same situation later.

What recommendations do you helpful guys have?

Reactions: VerlyAnanda

VerlyAnanda

Dec 26, 2013
Cimahi
I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 which I successfully rooted over a year ago though I never bothered with a custom rom. I have now purchased a note 3 so in preparation for selling the S3 I did a factory reset through Settings to clear out all my apps, data and personal information. That all went well and the device booted back into the normal system a couple of times (I didn't check to see if root had been maintained or not) This weekend I got it out to sell it only to find that it boots through the first part of the routine with the Samsung moving logo but then sticks on the static SAMSUNG screen and will not go further.

I am able to boot into TWRP so would I be able to download a stock rom from somewhere, insert a micro sd card with the stock rom on it and recover through TWRP? Alternatively I do have an old full back up stored on my computer - I could transfer this to the micro sd and restore this through twrp - I can see this was made through twrm as the openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-i9300.tar.md5 is stored with it. Of course if this works I would still need to perform a reset to get rid of all the personal data etc so could end up in the same situation later.

try to some firmware dude
u have usb jig? use it to reset u binary :good:
and flash again with odin
if u have backup in cwm u can restore so Do it :good:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
As you are going to sell it then follow the guide in general forum, stickies to return to stock. Factory reset before you boot the fresh firmware.

gbswales

Jun 13, 2012
further

try to some firmware dude
u have usb jig? use it to reset u binary :good:
and flash again with odin
if u have backup in cwm u can restore so Do it :good:

I don't have a usb jig whatever that is
I have an old back up on my computer which I can copy to an external SD card to put in the phone
I can then try using TWRP (I have this not CWM) to try restore the back up
This may work I can only try it - however I will still be in the position of needing to do the reset to clear all my data and put the phone back into "new" state and am concerned this may cause the problem again

Is this the best plan? I suppose once I get it working I can use ODIN to flash a stock rom
The problem is I understood all this a year ago when I rooted it but its all a little vague to me now as I decided not to do more than root the phone so I could back it up

gbswales

Jun 13, 2012
formatting cache solved the problem!

I don't have a usb jig whatever that is
I have an old back up on my computer which I can copy to an external SD card to put in the phone
I can then try using TWRP (I have this not CWM) to try restore the back up
This may work I can only try it - however I will still be in the position of needing to do the reset to clear all my data and put the phone back into "new" state and am concerned this may cause the problem again

Is this the best plan? I suppose once I get it working I can use ODIN to flash a stock rom
The problem is I understood all this a year ago when I rooted it but its all a little vague to me now as I decided not to do more than root the phone so I could back it up

I read someone had the same problem and just cleared the cache - so went into Team Win wiped cache and it restarted - guess I was looking for a complicated solution to something simple!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.