Need some opinions on s3 vs note 2

Search This thread

droidx2.3.3

Jul 11, 2011
OK. So I have the chance to get the note 2 at the discount upgrade price (currently $199 on amazon) I currently have the s3 and I like it. My friend got a note 2 and I didn't get to play with it much aside from holding it for a minute. So I want to ask the folks who have made the same switch If you would do it again or if its not worth it. Just to get a few things out of the way. I have huge hands so that's not an issue. I also like to flash ROMs and have root, how is the devolpment compared to the s3? Thanks for any responses.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011
I came from the SGSIII and I can tell you that the NoteII is better in every single way. I love the size and the s-pen. Needless to say I absolutely love this phone. Best phone I've ever had and the best Verizon currently has to offer. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I've used both extensively. NoteII on a TW custom rom FTW!

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I came from the SGSIII and I can tell you that the NoteII is better in every single way. I love the size and the s-pen. Needless to say I absolutely love this phone. Best phone I've ever had and the best Verizon currently has to offer. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I've used both extensively. NoteII on a TW custom rom FTW!

I completely agree. I came from the s3 too.

Sent from my DARK Note 2

droidx2.3.3

Jul 11, 2011
That's what I like to hear. On average what kind of battery life are you getting? Currently I get about 12 hours with about 4hours screen on time. That's with 3g lte and WiFi mixed. Mostly browsing the web or on tapa talk. Thanks again

gnex0422

Apr 15, 2012
Vt
I came from a gnex, so i probably wont be much help but im gonna post anyways. This phone is amazing! Love the screen size, battery life is incredible i use all day on 4g and i cant kill this thing, customizing this thing is great, touchwiz is fun to fool around with not quite sold on it yet but with all the different launchers out there you cant go wrong. The spen is alot of fun to ive never owened a phone with a stylus before so i like it alot. Overall this phone is a beast i would recommend it to anyone....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

droidx2.3.3

Jul 11, 2011
I just thought of another question. How is the screen sensitivity? Is it the same as others? Better? Worse?

dougstoner

Apr 22, 2008
Atlanta
I came from the s3 and thought it was the best phone I've ever had. I was wrong, the n2 is hand down amazing. The battery life is almost double the s3. I can easily go two days with medium to light use. I would go with the n2 just for that. You won't be sorry.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011
Battery life is awesome. Haven't completely drained it yet and I'm a heavy user. Screen sensitivity is perfect. I seriously haven't a complaint yet. The only issue I have is the Verizon branding on the home button. Battery, reception, call quality are fantastic. Actually the visibility in sunlight isn't too great but that is seriously the only thing I can think of.

BadMedicineLK

Aug 17, 2012
Charleston, SC
I got the S3 on release day and then the Note II. I think the Note II blows it out of the water in almost every single way. The only place that the S3 was better at was the audio. The music out of the 3.5 mm headphone jack is not as punchy and seems to have a tighter range in general on the Note 2 compared to the S3, in my opinion. It's a minor disappointment that is by no means a deal breaker though, I listen to music on it all the time and you can tweak the equalizer to compensate somewhat.

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
I came from a gnex, so i probably wont be much help but im gonna post anyways. This phone is amazing! Love the screen size, battery life is incredible i use all day on 4g and i cant kill this thing, customizing this thing is great, touchwiz is fun to fool around with not quite sold on it yet but with all the different launchers out there you cant go wrong. The spen is alot of fun to ive never owened a phone with a stylus before so i like it alot. Overall this phone is a beast i would recommend it to anyone....

I had the Galaxy Nexus for like ten days. I couldn't stand the battery life and the bad reception. Honestly, that phone was a big turn off for me when it came to Samsung. It was one of the reasons why I went back to my iPhone 4S.

Now the Note is a beast. It's perfect in every way except for the branding and the flimsyness of the back cover. I have a Seidio Surface case so I don't even notice the back cover anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

got556

Sep 6, 2011
Chicago
I came from the s3 and thought it was the best phone I've ever had. I was wrong, the n2 is hand down amazing. The battery life is almost double the s3. I can easily go two days with medium to light use. I would go with the n2 just for that. You won't be sorry.

Same here. The first two statements above mirror my feelings exactly.

kench33

Jul 31, 2012
Note 2 all the way! Sold my s3 after I bought this. I tried using my s3 but it just felt so tiny haha

Sent from my Galaxy Note²

jacampb2

Apr 21, 2012
Beaverton
www.rollmeover.com
I went to the N2 because the radio/reception on the S3 was abysmal. Most people in 4g areas had no problem with it, but there are a huge number of complaints by people like myself that had terrible reception in fringe 4g and even solid 3g areas. I was leary about buying the N2 just because of my previous samsung experience. The S3 was litterally great for everything I did, except using it as a phone. In the end I am glad I bought a N2. This thing is deffenitely far superior to the S3. The size does not matter to me at all, you get used to it fast. The reception is easily twice as good. I can now get 4g at my desk at work where I used to get no signal at all on the S3. I love the stylus and started sketching again simply because of the ability. It truly is the best device I have ever had.

Later,
Jason

thenuke1

Jan 14, 2013
Los Angeles 818
I went to the N2 because the radio/reception on the S3 was abysmal. Most people in 4g areas had no problem with it, but there are a huge number of complaints by people like myself that had terrible reception in fringe 4g and even solid 3g areas. I was leary about buying the N2 just because of my previous samsung experience. The S3 was litterally great for everything I did, except using it as a phone. In the end I am glad I bought a N2. This thing is deffenitely far superior to the S3. The size does not matter to me at all, you get used to it fast. The reception is easily twice as good. I can now get 4g at my desk at work where I used to get no signal at all on the S3. I love the stylus and started sketching again simply because of the ability. It truly is the best device I have ever had.

Later,
Jason

clear cut answer ? Same phone ... one is bigger and has stylus functionality

Detailed answer ?

http://versusio.com/en/samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-2

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
Except the note has 4 cores and different hardware. And that comparison you posted is the International versions. The international s3 is different then Verizon version (quad core but with 1bg RAM)

Sent from my DARK Note 2

yea, there are a number of things wrong in the comparison.

quad core vs dual care to begin with.

then, it states for camera settings:

Has manual iso Yes vs No This allows to manually set the ISO level.

Has manual white balance Yes vs No This allows to manually set the white balance.

Both these statements are wrong. I own both phones and BOTH allow manual ISO and WB settings

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012

Sent from my DARK Note 2

Endorsed. Battery life is amazing.

Reactions: hopesrequiem

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
Still have my S3. Awesome phone but doesn't hold a candle to the Note 2. Battery easily lasts a full day with heavy use, probably 2+ days with lighter use. 6-7 hours screen on time is typical. The screen is obviously bigger on the Note, but it's also way brighter. No issues seeing the screen even in full daylight. This phone is a beast.

Also check out flygrip.com. The single most valuable accessory I've bought for this phone. I can comfortably and conveniently touch every corner of the screen with one hand, without having to balance the phone, maneuver around, or even really "hold" the phone for that matter. It just hangs from your finger tips. The flygrip also doubles as a kick stand, which I use all the time in landscape if I'm watching videos and reverse portrait if it's sitting on my desk-firmly propped up and I can use my S Pen with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my DARK Note 2

Endorsed. Battery life is amazing.

Well, the wait is over. I just ordered my note 2!!!!!!! It will be here Friday !!!!! I can't wait. Paid $206 from new egg. Reason I went with new egg is the shipping. Amazon only does 2day on phones and new egg gives free overnight. Plus I got their 6.99 insurance. I always get that though. I ended up going with grey.

Battery life on the note II is on par with my GSIII was with a qcell extended battery. Screen is so much better. The pen is awesome. Faster than hell. Speakerphone is insanely loud and clear. True multi window.

So glad I got a note II

Dude thunderbolt was a beast phone at the time. I loved that device. Extended battery made that device so good. I miss gb cm7 big time lol

Problem was needing an extended battery to be functional. Otherwise I agree. I did have an n1 at the time though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2