Default rotation orientation

Search This thread

saywow

Jun 17, 2013
Hi,
I have a rooted android 4.2.2 tablet ,I want to block the default screen orientation when i turn off the auto rotation , that's mean :
when i turn off the auto rotation and i'm in landscape, i don't want it to turn to portrait (and vice-versa), and i prefer to use a code and not an app that stays always in memory
Someone can help me please?
Thank you
Note : Please quote my post when you want to answer me, like that i will receive an email telling me that there is a new reply

Last edited:

pandian8552

Apr 20, 2014
coimbatore
Hi,
I have a rooted android 4.2.2 tablet ,I want to block the default screen orientation when i turn off the auto rotation , that's mean :
when i turn off the auto rotation and i'm in landscape, i don't want it to turn to portrait (and vice-versa), and i prefer to use a code and not an app that stays always in memory
Thank you
Note : Please quote my post when you want to answer me, like that i will receive an email telling me that there is a new reply

-If you know to editing apk files then follow these steps.
- Decompile your default system launcher for example SecLauncher2.apk for SAMSUNG phones using apk multitool.
- Go to \res\values folder and open integers.xml.
- Search for this line:

Code:
<integer name="config_screenOrientation">[COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR]</integer>

- Change the integer number to one of actions bellow:
1 = Disabled
2 = Enabled when Screen Rotation is switched on (270 degree)
3 = As same as 2
4 = Always enabled even if Screen Rotation is switched off (270 degree)
5 = Always default position
6 = Always in landscape mode (to the left)
7 = As same as 5
8 = Always in landscape mode (to the right)
9 = Upside down portrait when Screen Rotation is switched on
10= As same as 4 but for all directions (360 degree)
- Save changes.. recompile, push it to your device and fix permissions to 644 and reboot.

HIT THANKS if i helped you

Reactions: saywow

saywow

Jun 17, 2013
- Decompile your default system launcher for example SecLauncher2.apk for SAMSUNG phones using apk multitool.
- Search for this line:

Code:

1 = Disabled
3 = As same as 2
7 = As same as 5
- Save changes.. recompile, push it to your device and fix permissions to 644 and reboot.

Thank you for your answer , I'm using smart launcher , can i do that using only my tab or i need a computer?!
and i don't know how to "fix permission" can you explain to me please? and i don't really know which option is responding to what i need , is it 5/7th ?!

Last edited:

pandian8552

Apr 20, 2014
coimbatore
Thank you for your answer , I'm using smart launcher , can i do that using only my tab or i need a computer?!
and i don't know how to "fix permission" can you explain to me please? and i don't really know which option is responding to what i need , is it 5/7th ?!
no no no, i told to edit your home launcher not custom launcher
if your tablet is rooted then go to /system/app/(your system launcher.apk)
and you need a computer with all resources likeJAVA(jdk) , SDK , NotePad++ , for this download each one from THIS SITEEEEEE
and click here for apk multi tool and tutorial for using apk multi tool
if you know editing apk files using means then edit
i think this is new for you then learn it from the above website

PERMISSIONS

if your done editing your system launcher then you have to paste it using root explorer in /system/app/paste and overrite it
when you are pasted it successfully then by long press that apk file a tab opens in that clickpermissions in that tick all read box and tick first box of write
this is spelled as rw-r--r-- where the r-read w-write slash is represented as not to tick

click THANKS if i helped you

saywow

Jun 17, 2013
no no no, i told to edit your home launcher not custom launcher
if your tablet is rooted then go to /system/app/(your system launcher.apk)
and you need a computer with all resources likeJAVA(jdk) , SDK , NotePad++ , for this download each one from THIS SITEEEEEE
and click here for apk multi tool and tutorial for using apk multi tool
if you know editing apk files using means then edit
i think this is new for you then learn it from the above website

PERMISSIONS

if your done editing your system launcher then you have to paste it using root explorer in /system/app/paste and overrite it
when you are pasted it successfully then by long press that apk file a tab opens in that clickpermissions in that tick all read box and tick first box of write
this is spelled as rw-r--r-- where the r-read w-write slash is represented as not to tick

click THANKS if i helped you
Ok thanks a lot , but the problem i have uninstalled the default launcher , what should i do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Thank you

- Search for this line:

Code:

1 = Disabled
    3 = As same as 2
    7 = As same as 5