Rcmix3d q&a

Search This thread

stubey

Oct 12, 2011
Text entry for landscape keyboard is wrong.

What's the process for flashing a different bootanimation? Not one of the ones in tweaks.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
A zip can be created to be flashed in recovery, or if you don't have a zip to flash you could rename the animation to htc_bootanimation and replace the one in data/local using Root Explorer or ES File Explorer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium app.

Last edited:
Reactions: dyne2199

stubey

Oct 12, 2011
What does the "power efficiency" in the quick settings do?

stubey

Oct 12, 2011
Am I the only one asking questions in q&a section? Lol. Okay. Running v4.0 with kernel 11.1 and killersloth uv-lite script.

My problem is that I work in a metal shop and don't get crap for H+, but Edge comes in pretty good. I get 0-1(usually 0) bars on H+, and around 3 bars on Edge. I've tried selecting "gsm only" in settings and through tweaks, but it always reverts back to WCDMA and tries to hang on to that H+ signal even when its not there. It does this regardless of what radio/ril combo I use. Is it a Rom issue then? Is there a setting I can change so that the cutoff for H+ is higher, or lower, or whatever?

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Thanks for asking in the Q&A section, lol. As far as I know there is no setting to change the levels at which point the phone should drop a certain type of frequency. Unless it was possibly done within the kernel itself, but I am not sure if that is possible. I will do some research and if I find some more info I will let you know.

ManImCool

Nov 26, 2007
Anyone having any issues with Skyfire and viewing videos?

Specifically, I click on a video link (and I know these links have worked before, the only difference being I just came to this ROM from CoreDroid) and it will start loading the video, it will even buffer to 99%, but then immediately display a "media error: 1 : -1005" and not start the video. This happens with every single kind of video I can throw at it that has worked in the past. Anyone know of this error, or am I the only one? Can someone confirm that Skyfire video works or does not work with this latest RCmix release?

boss man Kole

Nov 4, 2011
Is anyone else having problems with their mobile network? When I flashed cyanogenmod it worked fine?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
I installed and tried Skyfire. I tried playing some YouTube and different flash videos on a few sites. It seemed to work with no problems for me. Could not duplicate the issue.

No problems with network here. Could you describe in more detail what and when it is happening.

No problems either with the network.

PS: I just love this rom, so far the best 3.5 rom I have encountered.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

First Freeze: After 1 day and 3 or 4 hours uptime, I went to unlock the phone and it is totally frozen. The notification light it flashing and when I press the power button the buttons light up but no screen. Doing a battery pull. Any ideas please?

And Magically just when I get the case off the phone screen turns back on and the phone is working. I dont get it.

Last edited:

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
No problems either with the network.

PS: I just love this rom, so far the best 3.5 rom I have encountered.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

First Freeze: After 1 day and 3 or 4 hours uptime, I went to unlock the phone and it is totally frozen. The notification light it flashing and when I press the power button the buttons light up but no screen. Doing a battery pull. Any ideas please?

And Magically just when I get the case off the phone screen turns back on and the phone is working. I dont get it.

Are you overclocked/underclocked at all or anything similar such as using scripts?

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Well, if you are asking then I do not believe that you are overclocked. You would have had to change things yourself. Any new apps installed or have you done anything different? If not then reboot your phone and try to monitor it and see if it does it again. It could have just been a weird fluke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron78
Well, if you are asking then I do not believe that you are overclocked. You would have had to change things yourself. Any new apps installed or have you done anything different? If not then reboot your phone and try to monitor it and see if it does it again. It could have just been a weird fluke.

Thanks. I will try a reboot and see if it happens again.

boss man Kole

Nov 4, 2011
everytime I turn it on I go to my browser it says URL blocked. And none of the apps that require internet work

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Excellent battery life. Phone has not been fully charged in almost 24 hours. This is with screen timeout at 3 seconds with 50% brightness and all animations.

Can't wait till v5.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G with XDA Premium.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1323919885902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1323919885902.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 57

MmmmBeeeeer

I think I am going to try this out, finally venturing off of LeeDroid. I do have a question though, should I be concerned about all of my apps that have been moved to my SD card? Will the new rom recognize them? I would actually prefer to just start clean and download the apps I use most and get rid of the junk ones I have installed and forgot about.

I think I am going to try this out, finally venturing off of LeeDroid. I do have a question though, should I be concerned about all of my apps that have been moved to my SD card? Will the new rom recognize them? I would actually prefer to just start clean and download the apps I use most and get rid of the junk ones I have installed and forgot about.

You wont be disappointed in this rom. As for the apps. You will need to use an app like Titanium backup pro to back them up but the new rom will not auto-recognize them. You will have to reinstall or restore (if you backed them up).

Reactions: MmmmBeeeeer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I flashed 3.3 earlier today with 4EXT. Make sure you do a clean install first,
    Format data, Format Cache, Clean install. Spend time with Family (optional)

:D
    I would wipe again and wipe system also. You can also use Mike1986's superwipe script. It will wipe everything and format it to ext4, which most roms are nowadays. When it is finished it will check for errors on your partitions. It is a nice easy way to wipe and format. It will not touch your external sd card. Version 3.3 of this rom does not wipe at all. The next version will. Normally I wipe system, cache, dalvik cache, and data/factory restore, but like I said, the script is a nice easy way to do the same thing. I would also check the MD5 sum for your rom download to make sure that you have a good file. I have attached both the superwipe script and a program that you can use to check MD5 checksums for downloads. Use the superwipe script in recovery. Use the MD5 program on a Windows computer. Copy and paste the MD5 sum that is given for the download and then browse and select the downloaded rom or file.
    Sorry but that is what isnt happening. It plays some generic sound for my email instead.

I'm not sure if you read my question entirely...

My current notification sound is "Sonic Ring" (its the sound effect when sonic collects a ring).

Anyone else have any ideas?

there are two ways to change the default notification sound, one is Menu > Settings > Sound > Notification sound

The other is Menu > Settings > Personalize > (this is where it gets tricky) There is a tab at the bottom that says Sound (press it) Then you tap Notification sound and it shows you the screen below (see attached). Then tap Email and change it to what you want.

which way are you trying?
    A zip can be created to be flashed in recovery, or if you don't have a zip to flash you could rename the animation to htc_bootanimation and replace the one in data/local using Root Explorer or ES File Explorer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium app.