1milenia

Jan 15, 2009
reason i asked because my stock tmobile sg3 is very reliable and fast
what could convince me to flash one of the chefs roms

theboss23

Jan 26, 2012
reason i asked because my stock tmobile sg3 is very reliable and fast
what could convince me to flash one of the chefs roms

Well I've flashed a lot of roms since I got my S3 and this is what I'd recommend if your looking for Stability/Performance/Battery:

Stock TW ICS Roms:
- Wanam Lite Rom
- FreeGS3 R6

Stock TW JB Roms:
- XquizIt LI8v2 Base v20
- Frosty Jellybean

I'm sure there are also stable CM9 roms if your looking for a vanilla ICS feel but I prefer the stock touchwiz so I've never flashed any of those type of roms. I've flashed a couple CM10 based roms that have vanilla JB but they have bugs aren't as stable IMO. I haven't tried every rom available but I've tried a good amount and these are the ones that I found myself returning to/currently using.

Last edited:

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
Who cares if you flash or not

Great answer dude! You're quite the contributor to this community.

To OP: If you don't want ICS, a Stock Jellybean ROM should convince you do flash a ROM because you know, it's Jellybean.

Or if you don't like Touchwiz, you can flash an AOSP ICS or Jellybean ROM because you know, AOSP.

lazarat

Aug 4, 2012
Great answer dude! You're quite the contributor to this community.

To OP: If you don't want ICS, a Stock Jellybean ROM should convince you do flash a ROM because you know, it's Jellybean.

Or if you don't like Touchwiz, you can flash an AOSP ICS or Jellybean ROM because you know, AOSP.

You gotta follow somebody's else posts. Sorry to disappoint you but i am 100% straight. Look elsewhere and i am sure you will find what you looking for;)

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
You gotta follow somebody's else posts. Sorry to disappoint you but i am 100% straight. Look elsewhere and i am sure you will find what you looking for;)

As if I would waste time following you? You just happen to try and act like a badass in threads where I'm trying to help people.

Good one though on the gay joke, are you a homophobe or something?

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
I do not care what you do with your butthole;) i said eff off stop following my posts.

It's funny how you are self-centered enough to think someone on the internet that calls you out for being a smartass is "following" you. Try being useful and helping someone other than being a douchebag, and I won't call you out whenever I see you being one.

arctic84

Jan 11, 2008
I'm running AOKP and in all honesty i find it to be about the same speed.. pretty stable (not 100%, but a good 98% :D)

It's just the extra toggles that come with the roms.. battery%, weather, notification bar toggles, LCD density.. tablet mode eh.. yeah..

oh.. and supposedly battery life is better with custom roms/kernels.. (though for me honestly I have yet to experience a REALLY notable difference)

If you have rooted and flashed roms before, why not try now? You can always backup your stock incase you aren't happy.

but if you have never flashed.. and you're happy with stock, just wait until the official JB release comes out..

Last edited:

demize!

Jun 14, 2008
New York
This place never changes #sigh this is the first phone since HTC Wing I have been satisfied enough with the experience to run stock. I will prolly root just for Titanium and stuff like that but maybe wait for JB. I have been really enjoying a flawless experience without constantly monkying around.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Teo032

Apr 6, 2011
California
It's funny how you are self-centered enough to think someone on the internet that calls you out for being a smartass is "following" you. Try being useful and helping someone other than being a douchebag, and I won't call you out whenever I see you being one.

He sounds like a kid, or an immature adult. Don't feed the troll

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
I do not care what you do with your butthole;) i said eff off stop following my posts.

0d4ec033.jpg

back on topic fellers :good:

Reactions: joshnichols189

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

He sounds like a kid, or an immature adult. Don't feed the troll

0d4ec033.jpg

back on topic fellers :good: