Explain To Me Like I'm Five: Getting Phone back to S-On and Locked

Search This thread

BygSii

Jan 27, 2013
I need to send my phone in to get the camera fixed. I am currently S-Off, Unlocked, Rooted, with custom Rom. I updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I was stupid and didn't save my C:/Android folder. So I'm pretty much lost. Someone explain to me like I'm five. How do I get my phone back to S-On, Locked, with no custom recovery, no custom kernel, with the right CID ID, with the right kernel, ect. ect. I used to be a wizard at this type of thing, and i took six months off this website, and look what's it's done to me! Lol. I can't remember anything. I remember I have to go to Command Dos Prompt (CMD) and enter a bunch of commands, but I don't remember what I need to download or how I need to get there. Also, what steps I need to take, one at a time. I know it's asking for a lot, but if someone can step up to the plate, this would be a very popular thread.

BygSii

Jan 27, 2013
So I believe I've flashed the RUU to get phone to run stock android. When i try to "LOCK" the bootloader, by typing in the beginning of code that starts "adb shell", i get the message "device not recognized" what am i doing wrong? Everything looks good, even CID is VZW__001. I'm Unlocked and S-OFF. I'm just having trouble getting it to say "LOCKED".

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
So I believe I've flashed the RUU to get phone to run stock android. When i try to "LOCK" the bootloader, by typing in the beginning of code that starts "adb shell", i get the message "device not recognized" what am i doing wrong? Everything looks good, even CID is VZW__001. I'm Unlocked and S-OFF. I'm just having trouble getting it to say "LOCKED".

Video tutorials are up: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703585

Top Liked Posts