[Q] Image editing app monetization

Search This thread

hihlander

May 1, 2014
Wicked City
play.google.com
Hi I'd like to know what is the best way to monetize a graphic editing app. I don't ads would be a good idea. I'm thinking of making in-app purchase for specific options or puting a watermark on the saved image. Do you think a watermark is a good idea and can incite users to buy the full product?

trashchomper

Aug 30, 2014
I think the watermark is a good idea. You could have a free version with the watermark and if users like the app direct them to a paid version that is watermark free. Alternatively, ads could always work. Assuming you get a decent amount of users the money will be coming in consistently

andreasvo

Jul 21, 2014
Hi I'd like to know what is the best way to monetize a graphic editing app. I don't ads would be a good idea. I'm thinking of making in-app purchase for specific options or puting a watermark on the saved image. Do you think a watermark is a good idea and can incite users to buy the full product?

Fo both with the option to remove the ads :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Hello @hihlander you can user watermarks on your images that get remover when user completes an action. For example on our platform, Pollfish we have a lot of publishers following this approach. Since each completed survey on our Basic Survey Format pays minimum $0.30 you can use this approach to provide full functionality in your app (Remove watermark) without even having to implement IAP.

PacmanAddict

Jul 5, 2014

Try out ads and watermark approach and watch the uninstall rate then switch to just watermark and see if it differs.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app