Noob Note 3 storage clarification and install errors

Search This thread

boma23

Jan 26, 2007
Road Town, Tortola
Hi,

Ive just been handed a Note3, 4.1.2, gt-n2700 for work, never having even barely used an Android device before, although i know my way around win phones.

Of course ive just installed a ton of free apps, assuming i would have lots of space, but am now getting install errors quoting lack of install space - Ive 200mb left of 2gb space. Now the phone says it also has 11gb of USB storage (no idea where from, this is how it was given to me), and the phone is listing a few apps as already being there, as well as on the 2gb space, but not taking up room.

Ive read i can move apps to SD, but it says no SD is installed (so assume this 11gb is not an SD card?), and i dont have the option to choose "move to USB storage"

Is it possible to allot some of this USB storage to the main install 2gb partition?

Or to allw me to move apps to the USB storage?

Finally, if someone suggest a flash (i should have really known to check how old OS was and do this first), is there an easy way to do a full backup

and re-install as have jest spent hours getting everything setup...

goodoane

Jul 22, 2007
This is a fake note 3. No one can help you here you don't have a note3 in your hand.

boma23

Jan 26, 2007
Road Town, Tortola
Wow, really? How can you tell? It has a working stylus and everything about it seems pretty solid (well in so far as all Samsungs ive had are).

Will a photo or something cobfirm for certain?

boma23

Jan 26, 2007
Road Town, Tortola
Sheesh.... well it's stull a fairly decent device so far as any fakes ive seen are concerned! If they had sorted the storage then this would be as good as the real thing, seems amazing they put this much effort in to not finish the job! Lol

Will inform the boss and the seller...

I also just found a spare 2gb micro SD which isnt being recognised. It came from a Windows phone though so might it just need fornatting on a PC or Linux box in Fat32, or can i just expect that not to work either?

Are there any forums dedicated to these fake devices then also..?

Last edited:

boma23

Jan 26, 2007
Road Town, Tortola
fair enough... I don't want to go on about it, but there also seem to be a of videos / reviews for the GT-N7000 on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=note+3+gt-n7000

I have also just plugged it into a PC, and the USB storage is browseable, and a real 10.9GB

is there a real cut and dried test of it being fake (e.g. serial number etc.?) - this thing genuinely seems too good in performance and all other aspects to be a fake - are they really this good? sorry but new to Notes and Android, and am genuinely suprised!

Last edited:

colint3

Mar 20, 2009
fair enough... I don't want to go on about it, but there also seem to be a of videos / reviews for the GT-N7000 on youtube:

I have also just plugged it into a PC, and the USB storage is browseable, and a real 10.9GB

is there a real cut and dried test of it being fake (e.g. serial number etc.?) - this thing genuinely seems too good in performance and all other aspects to be a fake - are they really this good? sorry but new to Notes and Android, and am genuinely suprised!

Download Genuine Galaxy app from the play store it will tell you exactly what you have.

regards

colin

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013

if you mean gt-n7000 it's note 1

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: boma23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. No note 3 came with 4.1.
    2. Gt-n2700 is not a note 3 model number
    3. Minimum storage space for any real note 3 is 16gb. Not 2.
    4. No storage is listed as usb storage, unless you connected a usb key via an otg cable.

You have a fake device. Sorry about your luck.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.4 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF4) SM-N900T

if you mean gt-n7000 it's note 1

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk