[ROM][WWE][29.07.09]Da_G Clean Fuze ROM Take 2 (WM6.5 23016/21932 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aaron1124

Jan 26, 2007
Da_G

Thank you for putting out a new clean ROM! I ran your 6.1 clean ROM until just last week when I got up the nerve to bake my own 6.5 with your kitchen, but this is much tastier than what I cooked. The only thing missing is MSVC. Will you put out a MSVC version, like you did for your 6.1 clean ROMs?

aaron1124

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi, unbranded/vodaphone touch pro is a gsm touch pro so no worries there. you'll need to use a cab/tool to switch the keyboard layout from fuze to touch pro :)

re: msvc version, sure, no sweat, ill crank this out when i get home :)

re: connectionsetup, microsoft includes "AutoDataConfig" with the os now, it should be found in getting started -automatically set uo your connection. also in settings - connections :) works great for at&t, maybe it doesn't have your sim in its database?

EN4CER69

Sep 17, 2008
Thanks again guys.. Might be a silly question, so excuse me..., but when you release new veriosn of your ROM, can I install over the top and keep all my settings or do I have to do a clean install everytime?

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
Thanks again guys.. Might be a silly question, so excuse me..., but when you release new veriosn of your ROM, can I install over the top and keep all my settings or do I have to do a clean install everytime?

It's best to do a hard reset after every ROM flash, strange and unexplainable bug occur if not (in case you don't know, hard reset is done by holding the Vol Down button and the middle circular button together and then pushing the soft reset button on the obttom, very fiddly). Unfortunatly this does erase everything that isn't on the memory card

You can use PIM backup to save and restore all your contacts, call logs, appointments, messages and emails (which is my personal favorite) and then use User Customisation to install all your software (a quick forum search will show you how, very easy). You can use other backup programs like Sprite and Sashimi, but to be honest I don't know much about thoses :confused:

fazwarts

Jun 16, 2006
Breda, the Netherlands
Thank you very much for creating this awesome clean ROM.
I have one issue with this ROM: I cannot start the MS Office applications (Word, Excel). I tried reflashing, but I keep getting an errormessage (with no text) whenever I try to start Word.

eudaemonic

Feb 5, 2009
Marion, OH
SMS sent notification

Hi everyone!

Da_G, how are you doing? This ROM is so helpful to me because you kept it simple, a noobish person like me has an easier time troubleshooting other software. This is exactly what I was waiting for in a 6.5 ROM. Thanks for putting it together, I've got a lot of confidence in your work.

One issue I've found, is that I get a notification after sending a text, which I can't seem to turn off. There's an option in the SMS/MMS app to request a delivery notification, but it is unchecked. I checked it/unchecked it and no joy. I also checked the settings in Sounds & Notifications with no luck.

I changed the reg in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMsg from 0 to 1, and fixed the problem. If there was an easier way, I couldn't find it. Hope it helps someone else.

Sleuth255

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 3, 2006
Milwaukee
blog.kwilcox.org
As always, nicely done Da_G. IMHO you are one huge contributer to the XDA-developers. Next time I'm on the west coast, I'm going to hunt you down for some serious drinking time and we'll try to find some way to charge it to Flar's XDA account .... or I'll just buy... :)

mtlcafan79

Jan 8, 2009
That worked for me for the sent messages.

Is there any reason my alarm sounds won't repeat? I slept through it this morning. The sounds play once and that's it even though repeat is selected.

RezzZ

Aug 28, 2008
The Hague
One issue I've found, is that I get a notification after sending a text, which I can't seem to turn off. There's an option in the SMS/MMS app to request a delivery notification, but it is unchecked. I checked it/unchecked it and no joy. I also checked the settings in Sounds & Notifications with no luck.

I changed the reg in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMsg from 0 to 1, and fixed the problem. If there was an easier way, I couldn't find it. Hope it helps someone else.

It could be done with AdvancedConfig though you'll need .net 3.5 for it.

@Da_G, I guess it doesn't know my sim (dutch vodafone), ohh well. It's not that big a deal ;)

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I've always had problems with the default WM Alarm app. It plays the audio/vibrate once and thats it.

Other problems consist of hitting the snooze button and it never going back off.

Hey Da_G, remember the Alarm app on the Samsung Blackjack? How hard would it be to extract that so it works on our fuze?

mindfrost82

Retired Senior Moderator
I debating on flashing this. I've loved your clean ROMs in the past.

Can someone tell me if these are included in this ROM (I was under the impression they were all stock from MS):

-Marketplace (not sure if there's a cab for this somewhere...I know it doesn't work right now anyway, but it would be nice to have it when it does)
-MyPhone (I know there's a cab for this, so no biggie)
-Weather/Search/Money Widget
-Windows Live (I have a cab for this as well)

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Whoops, uploaded this last night and forgot to link:

Here's Rev3 without MSVC
and Here's Rev3 with MSVC

*Fixed office
*Fixed SMS Notification
*Disabled keypad sounds for 'hang up' 'call' 'delete' 'speed dial' and 'call history' leaving only the numeric/pound/asterisk tones

@mindfrost82:

Yes, all of that is part of WinMob 6.5 and is included :)

larrykeith

Feb 13, 2007
Little Elm, TX
Could someone point me to a section/topic that contains the latest versions of HTC software (like the task manager, dialer, etc)? I'd like to use these on this ROM.

Thanks for the awesome work Da_G. I started out using your BlackJack roms and I am a fan of your work.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Here's the cab you requested (this cab is to fix office issue with Rev2, which is fixed in Rev3)

:)

also, For versions of HTC apps cabbed up, i've got alot in my old clean rom thread linked in the first post, but they're a good 4-5 months old now. I've got to make new ones :) That being said, not a whole lot has changed in those apps since then (save manila)

I intend to create a new series of cabs.. just as soon as I can get around to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.