Motorola Fire XT316/XT311/XT317/XT530/XT531/XT532 - All About It

Search This thread

Mr.Indigo

May 27, 2012
Guys who want to fix the REBOOT-UNLOCK problem on XT316/XT311:
Just catch CDA files, make a zip and flash it. I will upload later, because I have to test it (I was curious to test, so I got XT316 and flashed it --').
USE CHEN'S RECOVERY!

Reactions: er0shima

aweosomeabhijeet

Oct 4, 2012
Jaipur
next2tech.net
Can't we use THIS overclocking method for motorola defy mini?
Assuming that we almost have the same specs, 600 Mhz armv6 processor? idk what's the kind of the chip, msm7225aa i guess
Yes, we can use it surely. I talked to the dev, he said that someone has to set up the building environment and build module from our kernel source.Here is how to.

Reactions: er0shima

Jafael

Apr 25, 2013
Xt317 dead

Hello friends, I am Brazilian and I have a problem on my xt317, not work at all, it only opens the flash mode, which I access through my pc and make loading normally installs normal over when it comes on the restart, he resumes will not turn back as it should be, not enters ftm in any way, it seems to install the rom, and the time to reboot loses again, do not know what else to do.
Someone managed to solve this problem?
thank you

Mr.Indigo

May 27, 2012
OC Mode: I will try it ASAP, with 768MHz, based on PECAN'S (P350) results that I explored. @Jafael
Put on dl mode and reflash it with 100% battery. It should work. @zhalx
Just extract the ROM using Mazen's tool in the 1st page and unyaffs everything. :)

Jafael

Apr 25, 2013
OC Mode: I will try it ASAP, with 768MHz, based on PECAN'S (P350) results that I explored. @Jafael
Put on dl mode and reflash it with 100% battery. It should work. @zhalx
Just extract the ROM using Mazen's tool in the 1st page and unyaffs everything. :)

Mr.indigo, he does not enter in download mode, the only way he connects, and the flash mode, pressing the buttons power + volume down + camera. When I try to dl it enters only vibrates and flashes the lights do not come.

Last edited:

Mr.Indigo

May 27, 2012
Mr.indigo, he does not enter in download mode, the only way he connects, and the flash mode, pressing the buttons power + volume down + camera. When I try to dl it enters only vibrates and flashes the lights do not come.
Wow...
Take the battery, put it again and try.
You're on 317, right?

Jafael

Apr 25, 2013
Wow...
Take the battery, put it again and try.
You're on 317, right?

Yes, xt317, the rds install the rom on it, and the final process which will restart the device, restart and will not turn over, the lights are not lit more starts, does not appear to mark the motorola and still no call, seems they have the rds install the rom, the device does not start over. Getting back as it was before. Just try it now again with the battery to charge to 100% and it did not work.

Mr.Indigo

May 27, 2012
Yes, xt317, the rds install the rom on it, and the final process which will restart the device, restart and will not turn over, the lights are not lit more starts, does not appear to mark the motorola and still no call, seems they have the rds install the rom, the device does not start over. Getting back as it was before. Just try it now again with the battery to charge to 100% and it did not work.
Hm... it DOESN'T GO to Moto logo, right? The capacitive lights SHOWS ON, right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello Fire owners!
    I open this thread to keep all things of Fire together, only one thread, everything here.
    So here we go:
    THIS THREAD IS FOR MOTOROLA XT311/XT316/XT317, XT530/XT531, XT532 AND XT611 (aka SMARTFLIP) ONLY. IF YOU HAVE A SIMILAR THREAD, PLEASE PM ME AND PASS ME YOUR POST. LET'S KEEP XDA ORGANIZED!

CWM FOR FIRE XT XT530/XT532, SPICE XT XT531, FIRE XT311, SPICE KEY XT316 OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED
    This thread was focused in the 2nd-Init for XT31X and XT530, 531 and 532. For almost six months, we worked patientlly to get the CWM working on our devices. The wait for CWM is OFFICIALLY OVER. In a couple days ago, our friend aweosomeabhijeet found a way to run CWM on Gingerbread. The tutorial (made by himself) will be posted NOW:
    Hey Guys
    All your wait is over.
    Here I'll tell you how to get CWM for Moto Fire XT.

Disclaimer : I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone. I have tried it and finished successfully.
    Try only if you know little bit about android.

This is beta version. However, a dev is working on not using a PC to reboot back into system, and is trying to make the installation simplified.
    Lot of thanks to andrewidya

Required things
    1. Rooted XT
    2. Pc

Download these things on your phone:
    1. Terminal emulator
    2. Busybox(Open it and install)
    3. Root browser
    4. Pimp my Rom
    5. ES file explorer
    You can find all of them in the Play Store.

If you have done with it download the attachment.

Now main work.
    It is not easy though but I think everyone can do it.

Steps:
    1. Extract the attachment and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Mount /system as RW.
    3. Open Root Browser and copy bootmenu folder from sdcard/XT530 and paste it in /system.
    4. Open Pimp My Rom and Add universal init.d support.

5.Create 97bootmenu manually.(For this using ES file explorer is recommended)
    Steps:
    a.Open /system/etc/init.d
    b. Create a file, name it 97bootmenu.
    c. Open the file as text
    Type:
    Code:

#!/system/bin/sh

stop
    exec /system/bootmenu/binary/bootmenu

d.save the file

6. Change permissions of 97bootmenu to rwx r-- r--
    7. Reboot your phone.
    Now your phone will start at bootmenu.
    Select Recovery>Custom Recovery

PS: If you want to get back the phone to boot normally. Just connect it to PC, open CMD and type
    cd path-to-adb.exe
    adb shell
    rm -R /system/etc/init.d/97bootmenu
    exit
    adb reboot

I succeeded here's the video:
    http://youtu.be/OyHwMqkBArk
    Sorry for poor camera quality.

Thanks to all the members.

Special Thanks to:
    Gentrylamp for creating bootmenu.
    7amdoun for his great knowledge and modding bootmenu for XT530.
    andrewidya for correcting me at every point.
    Mazen.kh for everything he did.
    Mr.Indigo for giving us hopes.
    And all other members whom I forgot to mention here.
    This above quote is the 1ST post of his thread.
    THANKS TO HIM AND TO ALL OF THE DEVELOPERS WHO HELPED TO GET THIS.

ROOTING & UNROOTING
    You will follow this tutorial if you have 2.3.5 version of Android:
    Downloads:
    Here are the apps/files needed for Rooting -
    1. SuperOneClick 2.3.3.0
    2. SUT LR 1.8.2 (Doesn't seem to be working on 64-bit systems)
    3. FXX_PR3_NV.xml and NvDefinition.xml [ATTACHED]

Before Rooting:
    Prepare your phone by doing the following:
    - Go to Settings > Applications > CHECK "Unknown Sources"
    - Go to Settings > Applications > Developer > CHECK "USB Debugging" and "Stay Awake"
    - Connect your phone via USB, when prompted DO NOT select USB Mass Storage.
    - Extract FXX_PR3_NV.xml and NvDefinition.xml from the attached zip file in to a folder

- Now, install SUT LR, run the app
    - Select the FXX_PR3_NV.xml [ensure NvDefinition.xml is also in the same folder as FXX_PR3_NV.xml]
    - Your phone will restart.

It does NOT erase anything on the phone, since it only patches the ROM.

Rooting:
    After the phone restarts, open SuperOneClick and select root. It will take less than a minute to finish.
    From: Motorola Fire XT / XT-530 / XT-531 ROOTING! - NEW METHOD - [ DEVS NEEDED ] posted by the user jeet.9890427233

Official Motorola SBF Files
    Link: www.grupoandroid.com/topic/43248-motorola-firmwares-superthread/
    Just copy and paste.

Custom ROMs
    None yet.

Custom Recovery
    None Yet.

Custom Kernels
    None yet.
    Applications that you can remove​
    There are some apps that you can remove, here is the complete list with all apps:
    My ROM is VIVO 2.3.5 and can be different in some ROMs.
    7x27_FQC or FQC Program= YES, maybe is F actory Q uality C heck or other thing....
    AccountAndSyncSettings.apk= NO
    ApplicationsProvider.apk= NO - Will brick apps install/uninstall
    APR.apk= ?
    BatteryManagerAP.apk= YES
    BatteryProtect.apk= ?
    Bluetooth.apk= NO
    BlueToothTestMode.apk= NO
    Browser.apk= YES
    Calculator.apk= YES
    Calendar.apk= NO
    CalendarProvider.apk= NO
    Camera.apk= NO
    CDA.apk= ?
    CDASYSTEM.apk= ?
    CertInstaller.apk= NO
    Contacts.apk= NO
    ContactsProvider.apk= NO
    DataConnectionWidget= YES
    DateTimeSetup.apk= NO
    DbgCfgTool.apk= ?
    DefaultContainerService.apk= ?
    DeskClock.apk= YES/NO
    DMClient.apk= NO
    DownloadProvier.apk= NO
    DownloadProviderUI.apk= NO
    DrmProvider= NO
    DxDrmApplication= NO
    DxDrmPlugin= NO
    ECompassCalibration= NO
    Email= NO
    Facebook_LT= YES
    Fallback= NO
    FileManager= YES
    FM Radio= ?
    Gallery3D= YES, but replace with another gallery app
    GenieWidget= ?

- THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED SOON -

If you are a DEV our a guy who can provide a ROM for us, please PM me and i will add you in GTalk. If you have a mod or something useful or want to help me, please PM me and i will add you on GTalk. If we get sucess this thread will be updated!
    Thread changelog:
    - Initial post
    - CG2.smg extractor added to the 2nd Post (THANKS TO: Mazen.kh)
    - Chainfire 3D support added ( THANKS TO: Overcrasher)
    - Thread stopped a lil bit
    - Back with some news
    - SUPPORT FOR XT530/531/532 (FIRE XT) Added
    - SUPPORT FOR XT317 (FIRE in Brazil) Added
    - XT317 kernel tested, but didn't work smoothly as 2.2 kernel
    - SUPPORT FOR XT611 (aka SMARTFLIP) added
    - SUPPORT FOR XT611 DROPED. See more below.
    - CWM FOR FIRE DEVICES LAUNCHED BY aweosomeabhijeet
    Notification LED fix : NotifyLed.apk

Heyy! xt530, xt531, xt316, xt311, xt532, xt317 users! (maybe more)

Thanks to a Spanish xt316 blog/forum taringa.net I found that

NOW YOUR NOTIFICATION LED (ONLY BLUE) WILL WORK WITH ANY APP, NOT ONLY SMS, MISSED BATTERY LOW!

I tested it and it works with whatsapp,
    Just replace NotifyLed.apk with this one in attachments :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My extra mod:
    Removed Batterylow, Missed call, New sms/mms blinking, so you can re add them *IF YOU NEED THEM* with Light flow
    i did so in my own new apk for those who hate battery low blinking
    or those who want to change the blinking speed for Mms/Missed call via light flow, the old apks would conflict with them.
    also because when the battery is 15% or lower and for example you have a whatsapp notification it won't blink because of the battery low blinking already

Press thanks if i helped, pointing you to the apk :angel:
    about CG2.smg

Hey man I'm interested in the thread and i can help you extracting the CG2.smg

Here you are my tut. [for windows] it worked for me

1- unrar the file in the attachments
    2- make sure that your file is named to 'CG2.smg' without quotes for sure, and in the same folder..
    3- just run the .bat and wait for cmd to finish the job then you will find a folder called 'CG2-extracted' in the same place you extracted my .rar file

Note: you will find in the folder called 'CG2-extracted' some mbn files, systemsec.mbn is the /system folder in the xt311/xt316
    extract it easily using unyaffs like a system.img file, if you need help in this PM me. i can help you extracting systemsec.mbn only, i dunno about other files also to repack systemsec.mbn you'll need mkyaffs and i think it's usable on ubuntu only and i can't help you with it
    sorry for long reply but press thanks if i helped.
    Hello guys, sorry if this is not the best place to post a problem but, this is the only one active discussion about XT316 that i have found, i have this phone with Brazil Claro stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread Android installed, then i have installed the ChainFire3D hoping to have better experience with some games...
    But i got a bricked phone... when powering on, the phone shows only the Motorola logo, then a black screen with no response, and continous reboot

I started the phone in recovery mode and tryed to perform a Factory Recover, but no sucess, same with Wipe Cache Partition option, so, what is left to do now is my question...:(

Okay look
    1- Download rsd lite from here
    2- Download the global rom for your phone from here
    3- Extract the zipped rom and rename the extracted file to A.sbf then put it in C:\ drive on your pc
    4- Pull out your phones battery and re insert then put your phone in bootloader mode by pressing (camera and volume down-) keys and power key at the same time. You'll see a white screen with black text on your fone
    5- Connect Your phone with usb to the pc and wait for it to install the drivers
    6- When your pc is ready open rsd lite which you already installed in step1
    7- Chose A.sbf that file in your c drive [in the filename field] in rsd lite by browsing it !
    8- your phone should be recognized in the device list down there, it should be something like 'msm7227' select it then click [start] button in the rsd lite window :p
    9- press thanks if i helped
    PS. if your pc doesn't recognize the fone re plug it in untill it shows in rsd lite
    also you may get to a certain part and see your phone at FTM mode or something then you have to unplug it, remove the battery and boot the fone normally
    i hope you understand this and i hope i helped :)
    Hey guys! Welcome 7amdoun!
    I tried 317 KERNEL again, but this time I replaced the binaries. My biggest error in Android.
    My display was oscliating, so , I advise you guys:
    NEVER, BUT NEVER REPLACE ANY BINARY IN /system/bin!
    I will reflash XT317 kernel today and keep my tests.... this time I will try to fix SD Card errors.