[Q] Verizon Galaxy note ii 4.4.2 downgrade to 4.3?

Search This thread
Aug 20, 2014
Disclaimer: Ok So i think i know the answer to this and since i'm a Note 2 Noob i also expect the backlash for my possible stupidity :cyclops:

Question: If i'm on stock rom I605VRUFND7 4.4.2 (i know that cant be rooted yet), is it possible to downgrade to the 4.3 stock rom or 4.1.2 stock room and then stay with that and root it?

I've downloaded every SCH-i605 rom from the SamMobile Firmware site and tried them all and they all fail in Odin. 4.1.2 got the end and fails, 4.3 Nov failed instantly and i'm about to try 4.3 May in a sec (slow download) 4.4.2 firmware is what i use when i brick my phone (LOL)

I know it sounds like a long shot and all i'v found is that company you can Pay MobileTechVideos. But even on their site i didn't see a service to go from 4.4.2 to 4.3...this is Frustrating and i know i'm not the only Noob that has thought to try this. Can anyone explain why it wouldn't work...talk slow for me...:eek: lol

BluGuy

Jun 22, 2011
Enterprise
Disclaimer: Ok So i think i know the answer to this and since i'm a Note 2 Noob i also expect the backlash for my possible stupidity :cyclops:

Question: If i'm on stock rom I605VRUFND7 4.4.2 (i know that cant be rooted yet), is it possible to downgrade to the 4.3 stock rom or 4.1.2 stock room and then stay with that and root it?

I've downloaded every SCH-i605 rom from the SamMobile Firmware site and tried them all and they all fail in Odin. 4.1.2 got the end and fails, 4.3 Nov failed instantly and i'm about to try 4.3 May in a sec (slow download) 4.4.2 firmware is what i use when i brick my phone (LOL)

I know it sounds like a long shot and all i'v found is that company you can Pay MobileTechVideos. But even on their site i didn't see a service to go from 4.4.2 to 4.3...this is Frustrating and i know i'm not the only Noob that has thought to try this. Can anyone explain why it wouldn't work...talk slow for me...:eek: lol

No you can't downgrade by flashing with odin. Reason is the bootloader is designed not to allow this. And yes this has been posted about several times.

Reactions: AlBlountdotcom
Aug 20, 2014
No you can't downgrade by flashing with odin. Reason is the bootloader is designed not to allow this. And yes this has been posted about several times.

I figured so...thanks for the confirmation...im just gonna have to cross my fingers and wait or just buy a Note 3 so i can use this as a Cup Holder! Oh well its still better than the iPhone 4s I replaced it with!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.